Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2021, 03:40 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax K-1 Mark II Body Silver Edition 100 Year Anniversary value?

Hi all,

This is a valuation request, I hope it is ok with mods. If not, can you please remove and advise how I can get a rough idea of price.

I have a Pentax K-1 Mark II Body Silver Edition 100 Year Anniversary. It was going to be my backup camera but I haven't used it and so I'm thinking of selling it. I have no idea of fair second hand value over a regular version.

Model: Pentax K-1 Mark II Body Silver Edition 100 Year Anniversary
Condition: New condition - open box
Shutter count: 1!
Accessories: Silver body grip, Silver strap, batteries, and 100 Year Anniversary items (metal hotshoe cover, body cap and strap).
Additional: Screen protector (applied) and laser-cut silver vinyl wrap (not applied)

09-01-2021, 04:56 AM - 2 Likes   #2
pjv
Proudly Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Moderator post

QuoteOriginally posted by cps_goodbuy Quote
This is a valuation request, I hope it is ok with mods. If not, can you please remove and advise how I can get a rough idea of price.
The rules state - Sales, trades and "wanted" solicitations may not be posted anywhere on the forum except in our marketplace. - so if no offers to buy or sell are stated here, and only the estimated worth is discussed, all should be OK.

But, any negotiations for the sale or purchase of equipment are not permitted in the general forums.

Examples -

I think it's worth $xxxx.00...........good

I will pay you $xxxx.00.............bad,

Last edited by pjv; 09-01-2021 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Examples
09-01-2021, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cps_goodbuy Quote
Hi all,

I have a Pentax K-1 Mark II Body Silver Edition 100 Year Anniversary. It was going to be my backup camera but I haven't used it and so I'm thinking of selling it. I have no idea of fair second hand value over a regular version.

Model: Pentax K-1 Mark II Body Silver Edition 100 Year Anniversary
Condition: New condition - open box
Shutter count: 1!
Accessories: Silver body grip, Silver strap, batteries, and 100 Year Anniversary items (metal hotshoe cover, body cap and strap).
Additional: Screen protector (applied) and laser-cut silver vinyl wrap (not applied)
A new one would cost € 1999,00 in the Netherlands. A used one without grip € 1100,00. So between €1250,00 and € 1300,00 postage paid by you is a reasonable price. Might be a bit lower if you do not give the opportunity to send it back and give a full refund.
09-01-2021, 12:19 PM - 1 Like   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Brand new 100th Anniversary version, today, at B&H $2099 USD (Black K-3II with grip $1943 USD, on sale)

Recent sale of low-mileage black K-1II with grip on PF marketplace ~$1500 USD

I would expect similar $1500 USD valuation of your camera in the U.S. market with fast sale due to silver edition. Value in European market is another matter entirely.

Steve

09-01-2021, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Don't expect it to be valued as high as a brand new one from a retailer, because those have a warranty.
09-02-2021, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you all!
09-13-2021, 08:01 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
The rules state - Sales, trades and "wanted" solicitations may not be posted anywhere on the forum except in our marketplace. - so if no offers to buy or sell are stated here, and only the estimated worth is discussed, all should be OK.

But, any negotiations for the sale or purchase of equipment are not permitted in the general forums.

Examples -

I think it's worth $xxxx.00...........good

I will pay you $xxxx.00.............bad,
Yah well you're missin' out on that xxxx.00 bud.