Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
09-14-2021, 11:52 PM   #31

Photos: Albums
The pixel density of the K1 and your current Sony are approximately the same so if you're happy now you'll have no problems.

If you make a significant jump in resolution you could find it exposes any lens weaknesses.

12-15-2021, 06:51 PM   #32
Forum Member

You will be thrilled

My experience is that my old 1986 full framed 50 mm lens is fabulous on my Ki MarkII and that goes for other older FF lenses I have or have purchased at a good price as they are used. The Ki seems to work very well with them and I have had no problems, You can even have it set to beep when you manually focus if you like.

The only think is that it takes K mounts only (obvioulsy) but you have full access to all the new and some very old K mount lenses.

I also use a few of the newer lenses that are not FF and there you run into cropping issues in the corners... however there is a mode in the K1 to accomodate for this and it uses only the inner part of the sensor so no cropping happens.

I love this camera and I think you will find it can capture the old lens softness and bocas as well as take advantage of the sharper new lenses. its beautiful.