Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 62 Likes Search this Thread
09-17-2021, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Surely you have a couple of 2GB SD cards sitting around
I think I have a couple of 512M SD cards !

---------- Post added 17-09-21 at 19:30 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
I spent several very early mornings shooting sunrise over a lake with birds, and this "dude" showed up with his EOS90D and telephone lens, and just kept blasting away as he panned randomly. Annoyed me and the birds, the birds wisely fled. I was sort of hoping he would too. I heard the shutter activate hundreds of times in the 20 minutes or so he was there. I think I took 3 shots. Call me grumpy.
I encountered a similar situation at a national pack, two Canonists (father and son) fired 100 bust mode exposures each on the same subject, in the meantime I made 2 exposures with the K1, I turned my head just wondering what these guys where doing for a still subject, I thought maybe because the camera has a burst mode they think they must use it no matter what.

09-17-2021, 11:08 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Could Ricoh make a firmware release such that camera user can't take more than two 36 x exposures digital rolls per day, after 72 exposures taken in a day the camera is automatically locked and unusable. Image preview not possible until three weeks have passed from the time of the last exposure of the 36 roll (as if you sent the roll to a lab for development). That would remind us of the good old film camera days, no?
You should also have to rotate the rear wheel for a couple of turns before you can capture next shot.
09-17-2021, 11:34 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
You should also have to rotate the rear wheel for a couple of turns before you can capture next shot.
Or pull a frame advance lever.
09-17-2021, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Could Ricoh make a firmware release such that camera user can't take more than two 36 x exposures digital rolls per day, after 72 exposures taken in a day the camera is automatically locked and unusable. Image preview not possible until three weeks have passed from the time of the last exposure of the 36 roll (as if you sent the roll to a lab for development). That would remind us of the good old film camera days, no?
Err why ?

09-17-2021, 02:50 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
are you less disappointed by each picture or do you have fewer pictures which disappoint you?
I have fewer pictures that disappoint me. Largely due to the fact that I can immediately see what went wrong if so and are able to correct it. If I had to wait till the roll is developed and then discover I did something wrong the disappointment is greater because of the waiting and not being able anymore to do anything about it. But I have only myself to blame. I had the same experience when the local camerashop started with 1-hour developing and printing. When you see it within a limited time and you are still in the same mood as the moment you took the picture it looks better than after the wait of a longer period and you sometimes wonder why you made picture.
09-17-2021, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
For me, the biggest restriction whenever i shoot film is that I can't change the ISO from mid-roll
You can. Just record what frame you are on and slowly roll the film back into the canister. Put in a different roll and advance the film to the last frame on the roll. If you camera is really old, you have to remember to set the ASA.

I think this is more a future model for the SD card companies, not camera companies. You send them a "full SD card" and they charge you for the pictures. They send you the pictures and a new blank sd card.
09-17-2021, 04:09 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

You've left out the bit where a complete stranger gets to look through your photos before you do and makes personal copies of ones that might be of interest.

09-17-2021, 05:20 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by officiousbystander Quote
You've left out the bit where a complete stranger gets to look through your photos before you do and makes personal copies of ones that might be of interest.
This comment wins! Hahah.
09-17-2021, 05:38 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
And you have to hand over £15 per 36 exposures, before you can turn your camera back on.
That would be the Adobe LR-2000, a revolutionary camera concept.
09-17-2021, 06:25 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Err why ?
To mock those who enjoy using film, by showing up the limitations of the format. Film users don't regard these as justifications for using film, but get emotional rewards that seem to escape the technological crowd. To them I ask, why not invent a camera so advanced that you don't have to be with it. Just send it out with a voice command, and wait until it comes back a few hours later. Wouldn't that be exciting?
09-17-2021, 08:49 PM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Err why ?
To force user to slow down, as if each exposure cost a lot of money avoid taking rubbish photos.
09-18-2021, 04:35 AM   #27
Pentaxian

No need for old 512M cards. Just take whatever card you have, put it in the card reader in your computer and copy useless junk to it until there is only room left for 72 raw image files!
09-18-2021, 05:22 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like something perfectly doable on your own, no need for firmware. Just personal restraint and discipline.
09-18-2021, 06:23 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Sounds like something perfectly doable on your own, no need for firmware. Just personal restraint and discipline.
Are you kidding? - I don't think younger photographers KNOW how to judge peak moments. They just turn on burst mode thinking ONE of those two-three dozen frames will get what I wanted! They will all have heart attacks if their bodies lock up every 36 frames.
09-18-2021, 10:54 PM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
That's what I've been training on. But I was thinking about other photographers who can't do it, especially the Canonist specie.

---------- Post added 19-09-21 at 07:57 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I don't think younger photographers KNOW how to judge peak moments.
Instant gratification and the marshmallow test.