Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2021, 05:32 AM   #16
Lev
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by steephill Quote
I have tried resetting but it makes no difference. Just for a laugh I tried an old FA28-70 f4 which is badly fogged and unusable - even it will focus in live view!

Do you have another body, just anything with LV to compare? Clear lens contacts if this make any sense? another battery? Removing a filter in front if any is attached?
One more thing, try to switch AF button to be on a back of the camera, somehow separate a metering function from a focusing one.

10-14-2021, 06:14 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I can't remember if I ever tried LV before the upgrade ( and subsequent repair when the sensor was recalibrated) but the DFA150-450 is more recent. I got the DFA*70-200 at the same time as the DFA24-70, both before upgrade, one works the other doesn't.
I have also tried the lens mounted AF buttons where available but no change. I tried several batteries, again no change. I don't use filters but even then none of those could be worse than the damaged FA28-70 which does work in LV.
If it was dodgy lens contacts then I would expect AF problems, possibly intermittent, with all lenses using them and in both LV and OVF modes. The fault is very consistent. All the lenses work on my K-7 LV so it all points to a body problem.
10-14-2021, 06:37 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't remember if I ever tried LV before the upgrade ( and subsequent repair when the sensor was recalibrated) but the DFA150-450 is more recent. I got the DFA*70-200 at the same time as the DFA24-70, both before upgrade, one works the other doesn't.
I have also tried the lens mounted AF buttons where available but no change. I tried several batteries, again no change. I don't use filters but even then none of those could be worse than the damaged FA28-70 which does work in LV.
If it was dodgy lens contacts then I would expect AF problems, possibly intermittent, with all lenses using them and in both LV and OVF modes. The fault is very consistent. All the lenses work on my K-7 LV so it all points to a body problem.
It is odd. I tend to agree with your conclusion. The true validation that it is body specific would be to get another user to let you try their k-1 or rent one. This will eliminate some weird body/lens interaction.

Speaking off which - is resetting the body and starting fresh an option?
10-14-2021, 07:16 AM   #19
Lev
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Speaking off which - is resetting the body and starting fresh an option?
he already done that

---------- Post added 10-14-21 at 07:43 AM ----------

one more thing worth considering imho is to put the K-1 in long sleep, removing battery for a week or so, eliminating any chance to pickup wrong parameters, until the system will prompt for date/time, at least we will definitely know that the config is 100% ok.

10-14-2021, 07:59 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
he already done that
I saw the request to do it. I never saw the response that he did. I missed it I guess.
10-14-2021, 11:08 AM   #21
Lev
Veteran Member

steephill, can you tell a firmware version? could it be an option?
10-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It has the latest firmware installed, 1.21.

05-18-2022, 09:10 AM - 2 Likes   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Update - I got it back last week, nearly 7 months after I sent it in for repair. I had to send in my DFA15-30 to assist with diagnosis as they didn't have copies of any of the lenses which wouldn't work. The only the information I got about the problem was that a circuit board was replaced. It cost me £200 + VAT which I suspect was a substantial discount for taking so long and failing to communicate during the repair period. It is working now though despite the best efforts of the courier to destroy the package on its return journey.
05-20-2022, 05:57 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Looks like it must have been the main circuit board that was replaced. I just checked the serial number in the exif data and it is now different from the original. My first thought was that they had sent me somebody else's camera but the serial number on the base of the camera shows it is my original body. So I now have 2 serial numbers, one on the outside and one on the inside.
10-10-2022, 01:32 PM   #25

Looks like it must have been the main circuit board that was replaced. I just checked the serial number in the exif data and it is now different from the original. My first thought was that they had sent me somebody else's camera but the serial number on the base of the camera shows it is my original body. So I now have 2 serial numbers, one on the outside and one on the inside.
Hi Mr. Flynn,

Glad that you got your camera fixed

Hope all is well, camera kit notwithstanding

Cheers,

Jack Simpson

Last edited by Jack Simpson; 10-12-2022 at 03:11 PM. Reason: delete stuff
10-11-2022, 06:20 AM   #26
Lev
Veteran Member

Great, interesting what was wrong with old one...
10-17-2022, 12:52 AM   #27

Strange, the service centre has not reprogrammed the serial number of the body onto the replaced mainboard. Has this camera been repaired at an official service centre?
10-27-2022, 09:26 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A K1-II here.

I only have primes, and noticed that when in LV, AF hunts forever.

I thought it was a feature rather than a bug, and resorted to turn off LV, focus, and go back to LV.

It is awkward, but never though it needed repair...