Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
01-11-2022, 12:13 PM   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Image comparison: Digital Photography Review

The K-1 + pixelshift sure looks sharper in the above comparison
Wow... I assume the EOS 5DS R has an AA filter, then? It has that look about it... Not that it's a bad thing, necessarily - but it has that characteristic softness at fine detail level. I'm sure it would benefit from a little raw sharpening...

02-22-2022, 10:49 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pixel shift has been in used in phase one medium format multi-shot digital backs for a number of years now, I view the Pentax K-1 with pixel shift to be every bit as good* as the output from my phase one backs - although Pentax K mount has a gargantuan lens variety that gives the Pentax DSLR more versatility than the phase once MFDB.

*although my biggest beef with pixel shift at present is that it doesn't work with flash. Phase one has the only system at present that does officially support flash. I have to switch off the modelling lights in my strobes and use a 1s shutter speed and manually fire my strobes for each frame. Tedious.