Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ralfoto Quote
Yeah I can rotate the lens clockwise and counter clockwise, but indeed not enough to unmount. There are no movement, when I depress the lens removal button.
Thanks. What if you place the camera down on it's rear, and try it with the lens facing up?

03-05-2022, 06:37 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Thanks. What if you place the camera down on it's rear, and try it with the lens facing up?
If you haven't already, I would try doing the things you mentioned having already done (shaking, etc.) with camera in different orientations and while in Mirror Lock Up status. Also try removing lens with camera in Mirror Lock Up and in different orientations. If you have another lens can you use the red dot to estimate how far the lens turns from how far it needs to to align the mount lugs for release? Ideally someone who sees your image may recognize the part and offer more help. Good luck.
03-07-2022, 02:17 AM   #18
Forum Member

I was wondering if, because the problem is not being able to remove the lens, that it's the lens removal mechanism that is broken and that the lever that appeared in your picture is part of that mechanism. I took the lens off my K1mk2 and tried to see what happens when I press the lens release button but I couldn't see anything moving except the focusing pin.
03-07-2022, 07:52 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thepedant Quote
I was wondering if, because the problem is not being able to remove the lens, that it's the lens removal mechanism that is broken and that the lever that appeared in your picture is part of that mechanism. I took the lens off my K1mk2 and tried to see what happens when I press the lens release button but I couldn't see anything moving except the focusing pin.
I think the lens release is a very simple pin/spring/button. I don’t think any lever is involved.

03-07-2022, 09:45 AM   #20

Original Poster
I really tried all sort of angle, strongly shaking it in every way, mirror lock up also, it didn't change anything, didn't feel anything moving inside, it's like this little element got stuck pretty badly. It seems hopeless.

QuoteOriginally posted by thepedant Quote
I just tried estimating the distance with my 31mm to compare, it's hard to tell. Here's a picture of my lens where the initial point is aligned with the made in Vietnam at the center, and at its maximum point counter-clockwise, from there, I cannot rotate it any further, and It doesn't come out. And now I'm seeing that more, it might be not as far as usual, it might be not enough to come out finally.
Attached Images

03-07-2022, 11:10 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you tried to remove the "Quick Release Plate" from under the camera body ? I suddenly had this terrible idea a "too long" screw that might have punctured the mirror box of your K1 and prohibits turning the lens bayonet normally.

Regards
03-07-2022, 11:17 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ralfoto Quote
I really tried all sort of angle, strongly shaking it in every way, mirror lock up also, it didn't change anything, didn't feel anything moving inside, it's like this little element got stuck pretty badly. It seems hopeless.

I just tried estimating the distance with my 31mm to compare, it's hard to tell. Here's a picture of my lens where the initial point is aligned with the made in Vietnam at the center, and at its maximum point counter-clockwise, from there, I cannot rotate it any further, and It doesn't come out. And now I'm seeing that more, it might be not as far as usual, it might be not enough to come out finally.
It looks to me like your lens is NOT rotating the necessary 75-80 degrees for alignment of the body slots with the lens lugs. (Degrees are my guestimate as I didn't measure with a protractor.)

My guess would be the at full rotation to decouple, the M in Made on the left photo should be much closer to where the M in Vietnam is seen, but I could be wrong.

03-07-2022, 02:05 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For reference here is my FA 77 mounted to a KP with a ruler to give reference lines:

Mounted in locked position:

Ready to remove, fully turned. Even SLIGHTLY less than this and it will not come off:

Note that the aperture ring is in the A position and the f1.8 mark is nearly adjacent to the release button. This is on the KP obviously not the K-1 but it may help you verify the issue. I can confirm it is less than 1/4 turn but not a lot less. 75-80 degrees seems pretty close but I too did not get out a protractor.
03-08-2022, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #24

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Have you tried to remove the "Quick Release Plate" from under the camera body ? I suddenly had this terrible idea a "too long" screw that might have punctured the mirror box of your K1 and prohibits turning the lens bayonet normally.

Regards
I removed the " quick release plate" but it wasn't that, thank you for the suggestion though!

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
For reference here is my FA 77 mounted to a KP with a ruler to give reference lines:

Mounted in locked position:

Ready to remove, fully turned. Even SLIGHTLY less than this and it will not come off:

Note that the aperture ring is in the A position and the f1.8 mark is nearly adjacent to the release button. This is on the KP obviously not the K-1 but it may help you verify the issue. I can confirm it is less than 1/4 turn but not a lot less. 75-80 degrees seems pretty close but I too did not get out a protractor.
Now it's clear, thank to your pictures, I suppose my lens cannot rotate further, certainly cause this actuator arm is precisely and severely stuck on the Pentax mount itself, the only way to remove that, it's most probably to disassemble the whole body.
I sent it this afternoon to a camera shop in France, from where I bought the lens.

Let's see. Thanks again everyone for all of your help to resolve this issue! I will let you know If I have any update from them! ٩(。•́‿•̀。)۶
03-08-2022, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good luck! I hope they can save both camera and lens without too much drama.
03-22-2022, 04:24 AM   #26
Forum Member

Did they manage to save them? Was the level of drama about right?
03-22-2022, 02:38 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Too soon to say, probably. Repair shop interventions usually take several months.
03-24-2022, 09:51 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope they save both! Look at that serial number on the 77!

There must be something in the water though, I have 2 silver 77's and both of them have severe mechanical problems (not germane to this thread) that need to be repaired.