Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2022, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exposure compensation in manual mode K1MKii

I learned something new today, after 3 years of owning the K1MKII

I had the AF fail in my DA560 so I went back to my old standby for 500mm, the K300/4 and 1.7x AF converter.

Took Some shots to test it out and found there was considerable over exposure constantly when shooting green button metering in manual. So I set the ev comp to -1.7 stops and voila, perfect metering .

My *istD had this function but it disappeared when Pentax released the K10. I’m glad to see it is back

03-06-2022, 03:15 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
M mode on my K-3 applies EC to stop-down metering, both with green button and optical preview display of EV scale. I not sure, believe the same is true on the K-3II and KP in addition to the K-1/K-1II. Whether such was the case on the K-5 and K-7, I don't know.

Steve
03-07-2022, 01:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
M mode on my K-3 applies EC to stop-down metering, both with green button and optical preview display of EV scale. I not sure, believe the same is true on the K-3II and KP in addition to the K-1/K-1II. Whether such was the case on the K-5 and K-7, I don't know.
Can confirm, that EC works on the K-70 with stop-dwon metering as well.
And that it does not work on the K-10D. Funny, didn't remember that.