Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
11-02-2022, 08:41 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The FA 50 wide open is a dreamy lens at best. Very weak corners indeed.
All of the Pentax 50/1.4 lenses with the exception of the D FA* 50/1.4 seem to be that way and even the DFA*50/1.4 still struggles a lot with astro wide open. However the sample shot from above looks softer than it should be even for astro shooting and more like the focus was missed slightly.

11-03-2022, 03:22 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hello,

I'm sure I messed up focussing!

Same for the shots with the DFA 21.

I did not focus at all, but only set the lens to the unlimited mark :-)

I took further pictures already, without this mistake.
Maybe I manage to upload some of the tonight.

Concerning the FA 50... I have this lens in perfect condition since some weeks... and I think I will sell it again.

I don't like it in comparison to the FA 43 limited - that is slower, but better :-)

Best regards!
11-15-2022, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BenwayB Quote
I did not focus at all, but only set the lens to the unlimited mark :-)
The infinity mark is rarely where true infinity is. I have had to adjust almost all my lenses as most got really close but didn't make it. So now they all focus slightly beyond infinity.

QuoteOriginally posted by BenwayB Quote
Concerning the FA 50... I have this lens in perfect condition since some weeks... and I think I will sell it again.

I don't like it in comparison to the FA 43 limited - that is slower, but better :-)
Preference really does make a difference for keeping a lens or not. Not having the the 43ltd I have no idea how it does with astro shooting but in taking a wild guess I would think it may get to astro good at the same f/2.8 as the FA 50/1.4 but that is just a guess.