Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2022, 03:25 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Intervalvometer

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

So tonight's total eclipse got me into looking at YouTube and that led to me watching a video using a Neewer intervalvometer and that has me wanting one (one of the few accessories I haven't acquired) for my K-1 in cases where a manual mode sequence is required exceeding the K-1's internal intervalvometer ability - nothing to do with shooting the moon (this is somehow related to lens and camera addiction).

To shorten that sentence, what Neewer intervalvometer fits the K-1 shutter release? Or, any suggestions for a better intervalvometer?

I searched here but couldn't find anything despite seeing the neewer mentioned many times in the past. Thanks for any input.

11-07-2022, 03:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Take a look at JJC TM-C Multi-Function Timer Remote Control for Canon / Contax / Pentax / Samsung - replaces Canon RS-60E3, Contax LA-50, Pentax CS-205, Samsung SSR-D1, SR9NX01: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo … it works for me on my APSC DSLRs, but your requirements are probably different.
11-07-2022, 04:28 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pluto Trigger is another good choice
11-08-2022, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks folks. I located a JJC Pentax capable model in the US Amazon listings at about $25US so will go with that. I checked out the Pluto and it's really interesting with lots of capability so might be getting one in the future. I sometimes don't have my phone with me, which is required for the Pluto, but it does things well beyond intervalvometer functions, so is on my list (got the app installed on my phone). Appreciate the feedback.

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Shutter-JJC-Release-Replaces/dp/B079JW56C5/re...s%2C376&sr=8-3

Followup: While on the US Amazon site, a link caught my eye and it was to the Neewer remote that I originally mentioned. Here's the link to that in case anyone else is interested. From appearances, it looks quite similar to the JJC but at $30.50US, but upon further examination the JJC seems better in that it offers an HDR function (varied length exposure sequence) and has a ON/OFF switch, both lacking in the Neewer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Q9RERY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Again, thanks everyone.

Last edited by Bob 256; 11-08-2022 at 02:51 PM.
11-09-2022, 06:58 AM   #5
Pentaxian

That JJC model won't work on a K-1 it has the wrong plug, you need the TM-C version kypfer listed.
11-10-2022, 08:30 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by steephill Quote
That JJC model won't work on a K-1 it has the wrong plug, you need the TM-C version kypfer listed.
Thanks steephill. Found that out - just posted the first one that came up on Amazon using K-1 in the search, and the TM-C version wasn't shown on the US site.

In the end, I went with the Pluto unit that robgski had mentioned. It is feature loaded (and wireless using Bluetooth connection) though requires a phone using the Pluto app, but that's no big issue for me, and the app improves the product. For those not having a phone, I found this intervalvometer (Pixel Pro at about $40US) which has wireless capability also (no HDR feature though). The E3 model is for the K-1. Wish manufactures would post Pentax capabilities (where they apply). By the way, Pluto has a thorough cross reference at their site for camera types and what appears to be good support (unlike some of the other intervalvometer makers).

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Shutter-Release-Control-Digital/dp/B01GC1USH...-1-spons&psc=1

Last edited by Bob 256; 11-10-2022 at 08:57 AM.
11-10-2022, 09:16 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
I went with the Pluto unit that robgski had mentioned.
Good to hear. I am very pleased with mine, very easy to set up and use.
It has many features including light, motion and sound I haven't even explored fully.

11-11-2022, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Good to hear. I am very pleased with mine, very easy to set up and use.
It has many features including light, motion and sound I haven't even explored fully.
Yes. I looked at some YouTube reviews of it and its uses and was impressed. I cobbled an Arduino system together, which allows wireless shutter control via the IR port on my K-1 and the Pluto includes that feature along with quite a few others, and the phone display is better than any stand-alone product. The app also includes some exposure calculators to boot. Many thank's for the tip!