Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2022, 10:23 AM   #1

Image transmitter 2 (mac) does not recognize pentax k-1

Image transmitter 2 (mac) version 2.6.1
does not recognize pentax k-1 (firmware version 2.00)
the usb camera mode is set on *ptp* .
Any idea to solve that problem ???

12-03-2022, 02:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by freedeal4u Quote
Image transmitter 2 (mac) version 2.6.1
does not recognize pentax k-1 (firmware version 2.00)
the usb camera mode is set on *ptp* .
Any idea to solve that problem ???
Do not use ptp. It should be MSC. Your camera must be recognized as a drive. With ptp your camera is handled as a drive by your system...
12-04-2022, 10:38 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Do not use ptp. It should be MSC. Your camera must be recognized as a drive. With ptp your camera is handled as a drive by your system...
Thanks for your hint - but on MSC the camera is surely recognized as a drive but is not connected in image transmitter 2 !
The manual tells to SWITCH TO USB PTP MODE !

So I shall install the complete program and update again - let‘s see whats gonna happen.....
12-05-2022, 06:32 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by freedeal4u Quote
Thanks for your hint - but on MSC the camera is surely recognized as a drive but is not connected in image transmitter 2 !
The manual tells to SWITCH TO USB PTP MODE !

So I shall install the complete program and update again - let‘s see whats gonna happen.....
You are right, the only thing I can think of is the USB-cable. Is it the original Pentax cable for the camera? And if yes (even no) try another USB-cable. From experience I know that for certain camera's and music players the USB cable will not work on other equipment (I have a Panasonic cable for my LX3 that I by accident used for a Pentax, and it would not work. The Pentax cable was the right one and I could download my pictures to the computer).

12-06-2022, 02:37 PM   #5

Original Poster
First of all: thanks for your thoughts concerning the problem !!
So the USB-cable (using the original one) was not the problem.
After deleting and reinstalling program & update 3(!) times, image transmitter 2 started to recognize the K-1 - very special !
My best regards
Michael