Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2023, 09:39 AM - 7 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Some macro images from last month

Hi everyone,

apologies for being a little distant, things just got really busy very quickly!!

First I'm gona just get some news out there.... as some of you will know I am battling living with a condition called ASD which is short for Autism/Asperger's Spectral Disorder. Luckily through photography I found a new lease of life and actually something that makes life much better.
As it's helping me so much I figure that many other people can also benefit and I know many people with difficult health conditions have taken up photography which definitely helps them too, and these are incredibly talented people too....

Here's an article which I am hoping will kick start awareness and get more people interested to take up the subject: https://www.bbowt.org.uk/blog/kate-titford/how-nature-can-help-improve-everyones-wellbeing
In addition to this there are many organizations including the national health service that I am starting to work together with now to build bridges and get the ball rolling so to speak :-)

All at the same time trying to improve myself as there are many areas that I need to work on!

Now onto the images. These are Velvet Shank Mushrooms and for me it was unusual to see at this time of year and especially with a lot of frost and cold temperatures around but it turns out that they actually prefer this type of climate:

Here's some frost covered moss:

I'm not gona post the landscape stuff I did as that didn't come out so well, unfortunately the shots are a little dull and boring time of year is not the best and location also wasn't ideal, but also like I mentioned above it's something that I need to work more on in order to be able to capture interesting images

02-10-2023, 10:53 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
thanks for sharing your story and pictures!
02-10-2023, 11:58 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
thanks for sharing your story and pictures!
Thank you
02-10-2023, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i'm very happy for you . your photos are great .
i wish you the best and thank you for sharing .

02-10-2023, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good macros and interesting mushrooms. Very colorful.
02-10-2023, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very sharp results! Good work. I do not recall seeing mushrooms quite like these! Very interesting. As to landscape photos, you are right- dull, dreary days are not the best time for this type of endeavor.

I'm glad photography is making such a difference for you. I believe all of us here can relate to photography making a positive difference in our lives! So we do indeed understand.
02-10-2023, 02:42 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
Very sharp results! Good work. I do not recall seeing mushrooms quite like these! Very interesting. As to landscape photos, you are right- dull, dreary days are not the best time for this type of endeavor.

I'm glad photography is making such a difference for you. I believe all of us here can relate to photography making a positive difference in our lives! So we do indeed understand.
Thanks. Yeah it was odd.... they were seen while walking down a trail. I didn't see any more after that but it was a great find :-)

02-10-2023, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done, the mushroom shots are excellent. Thanks for linking to the article, good stuff! Keep enjoying it. I went out into nature this morning about an hour before sunrise to about an hour and a half after the sun was up, it was pretty overcast and really didn't get any good photos, but it is just spectacular to be out there, especially before sunrise. And you are right, the other people out there at that time are just as happy to be out. I find it exhilarating.
02-10-2023, 06:48 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Well done, the mushroom shots are excellent. Thanks for linking to the article, good stuff! Keep enjoying it. I went out into nature this morning about an hour before sunrise to about an hour and a half after the sun was up, it was pretty overcast and really didn't get any good photos, but it is just spectacular to be out there, especially before sunrise. And you are right, the other people out there at that time are just as happy to be out. I find it exhilarating.
One of the biggest problems I have is that I live in very over crowded city which is not good for someone with hyper sensitivity towards sound and crowds, not to mention pressure and stress.

While out there it feels like I can breathe again and people you meet are so friendly too.

I was out at the same reserve over on Wednesday and it was a sunny day. I wanted to concentrate on wildlife so I left the Pentax in the trunk and only brought out my Nikon. This is a mixture from my phone and Nikon D500. I'm not very happy with the quality of the images as the lens I have for the Nikon is not very sharp and doesn't focus well either, probably too many compromises made as it's an 18-300mm zoom:

Warburg 02/08 - Google Photos

The Red Kites (raptor) are all pretty blurry and the Chaffinch isn't the sharpest either which is a shame but hopefully should be improved now with a lens upgrade I just made.

We did see a few baby deer though I couldn't capture them as they disappeared too quickly.