Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-29-2023, 04:56 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Redo from previous night (in the dry) using the K1_2

I just posted in the "other" section: Spring is here! With that we have chicks and erm rain :-) - PentaxForums.com

and this is kind of a continuation of that, since I found my Nikon struggling for photons and wasn't too happy with some of the results.

I went back last night as was dry and of course took my Samyang 24mm and K1 mkii along with me this time. The difference is substantial though I wasn't running the Samyang at f/4 like the Tokina but ran it at f/2.8 which is plenty decent enough and has the advantage of getting diffraction spikes over wide open at f/1.4 which is sharp but looses the spiky things so no good ;-)

Anyhow, I'll start with my favorite shot of all time for now, in my view it's the best landscape style shot that I have managed to pull off to date. In this case I got Hugin to stitch a 3 shot pano for me and here is the result:

Here's a single shot which I don't think was part of the stitch but regardless still illustrates mucho detail:

One area by the Ashridge Estate was completely fogged out so I decided to have a play. For me, I always associated fog with low level clouds or the industrial revolution because in the big city we rarely get this amazing phenomenon... little did I think about what happens to evaporated water vapor being cooled by the air:

Finally a rematch with the church:

I think this was a 60s AstroTraced sky shot? I'll post the pushed version in the Astro group where you can see the MilkyWay core start to appear:

This was taken inside the Ashridge Estate, the exposure was 8s as I didn't feel like calibrating AT but didn't want star trailing either lol (I'm too demanding I guess? LOL):

Ok this is something I seem to like doing for some reason... but here's a behind the scenes shot:

The whole album can be seen here: Pitstone 04/29 - Google Photos