Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2016, 01:17 PM - 1 Like   #196
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kvetcha Quote
From what I'm hearing from others, you cannot shoot in FF mode at anything other than native resolution.
??? You can indeed shoot at less than 36MP (ie adjust the number of pixels recorded) in FF mode, but only for JPEG shooting.

Menu > Rec Mode 2 > Image Capture Settings > JPEG recorded pixels
from where you can choose L, M, S, XS, which corresponds to the following pixel sizes.

---------- Post added 2016-05-02 at 06:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxis Quote
I have no intention in allowing my photographic hobby to drive my level of investment in computer technology.
Forget about the PC - Pentax also has an extensive range of in-camera corrections available right there in the camera (like most of it's recent DSLR's) - post-processing of everything from white balance, cropping, a dozen digital filters, HDR, noise reduction, even the ability to save RAW images out as TIFF's can be done just using the K-1. You can even edit videos using just the camera.

Last edited by rawr; 05-01-2016 at 01:37 PM.
05-01-2016, 01:40 PM - 2 Likes   #197
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought this thread was called "K-1 media coverage around the world - post links here"...

:/
05-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #198
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
I thought this thread was called "K-1 media coverage around the world - post links here"...

:/
The postings that I have seen have been directly related to the capabilities of the K-1, and are related indirectly to K-1 journalistic reviews.

I, as someone who had obtained great value from most of the postings, would ask you to show some forbearance.

---------- Post added 05-01-16 at 01:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
??? You can indeed shoot at less than 36MP (ie adjust the number of pixels recorded) in FF mode, but only for JPEG shooting.

from where you can choose L, M, S, XS, which corresponds to the following pixel sizes.

Forget about the PC - Pentax also has an extensive range of in-camera corrections available right there in the camera (like most of it's recent DSLR's) - post-processing of everything from white balance, cropping, a dozen digital filters, HDR, noise reduction, even the ability to save RAW images out as TIFF's can be done just using the K-1. You can even edit videos using just the camera.
Excellent! And many thanks for your advice! That confirms what I had inferred from the User Manual.
05-01-2016, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #199
Pentaxian

The postings that I have seen have been directly related to the capabilities of the K-1, and are related indirectly to K-1 journalistic reviews.

I, as someone who had obtained great value from most of the postings, would ask you to show some forbearance.

---------- Post added 05-01-16 at 01:53 PM ----------

For posterity it is not easy to search for the info stated in this thread. Would have been better to have started a new thread.

Also when I get an e-mail stating that there is a new post in the thread I am hoping it is a new coverage, not about the inner workings of the camera.

These are my thoughts on the matter.

05-01-2016, 04:24 PM   #200
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
For posterity it is not easy to search for the info stated in this thread. Would have been better to have started a new thread.

Also when I get an e-mail stating that there is a new post in the thread I am hoping it is a new coverage, not about the inner workings of the camera.

These are my thoughts on the matter.
I seem to remember you had an extensive discussion earlier about the 5-axis stabilisation. Inner workings of the camera, and interesting.
05-01-2016, 05:38 PM   #201
Veteran Member

Not sure if this has been posted before:

Pentax K-1 Review and Specs

Not a bad result!
05-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #202

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
Not sure if this has been posted before:

Pentax K-1 Review and Specs

Not a bad result!
It's certainly nice, but it doesn't really tell us anything new -- and it reads like it was automatically generated from a database full of specs, with only a few organic-sounding sections (like the bit on K-mount lens compatibility).

Still, the fact that it got to their #2 spot among DSLRs, second to the Nikon D750 but costing hundreds less, might catch some eyes among people who find these comparison sites useful in researching their purchases.
05-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #203
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

Thanks for the correction. This was my initial impression, but some folks here had stated otherwise. Phew!

05-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #204
Pentaxian

I seem to remember you had an extensive discussion earlier about the 5-axis stabilisation. Inner workings of the camera, and interesting.
Be that as it may, your posts are still off-topic and both you and readers of this thread would be better served if you were using a dedicated thread for your questions.

AFAIC, the best way to deal with situations like these is to post your first original question here with a link to a new dedicated thread that you created before and invite answers to that thread. Everyone wins.
05-01-2016, 11:44 PM   #205
Pentaxian

Yes, I did, after posting a video that had been released. Won't happen again...
05-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #206
Forum Member

I am unsure if this review has been posted.

https://www.pentaxuser.com/review/pentax-k-1-full-review-990
05-02-2016, 02:16 PM   #207
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am unsure if this review has been posted.

https://www.pentaxuser.com/review/pentax-k-1-full-review-990
looks to be a copy of this one
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/pentax-k-1-expert-review-28884
05-02-2016, 02:46 PM   #208

Pentax User is part of ephotozine group, who can't therefore be said to be completely impartial. They try to be impartial and seem to succeed, but...
05-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #209
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
hmmm I thought the rotational movement is what the 5th axis is all about.
At least it is what I got from that illustration.
I agree - they would be in serious trouble with local law (such as Australia's Trade Practices Act) for misleading consumers if it were not as illustrated..
In fact, the innovators of the 5-Axis IBIS (Olympus) show clearly that Pitch and Yaw (tilting & turning) is part of the 5-axis system, so unless Pentax have some other way to explain the '5' axis, then their sensor ass'y does tilt as shown in their diagrams etc.
05-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #210
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sunCrm Quote
I keep digging the internet - not sure if this was posted before - Praxistest Pentax K-1 - Fotograf Christian Meier
I appreciate his comments about the improved autofocus tracking with the K1 - very encouraging. Than you for posting this review.

---------- Post added 05-02-16 at 06:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
I tried once more DFA*70-200 the other day in good light, AF-C and 33 sensors alltogether, with focus priority and "keeping focus" at highest grade, i got in about 3 seconds a 7 shot serie of a car driving on me at about 30mph from about 50m to about 20 m : 6 of them where tak sharp, 1 a bit blurred. Quite acceptable imho.
DFA*70-200's engine is finally seemingly faster with K-1 fw1.00, than DFA150-450's engine. The SAFFOX "hunting drawback" can still happen in low light, but things are really improving.
Once again, K-1's AF speed is not as fast as the fastest Canikon body's, but now reaching the desired performance.
Thanks for posting your test results. I find this very encouraging. The results seem much better than what I've achieved with comparable tests of the K-3. The ephotozine review was pretty sketchy, while the review was favorable I felt it did not meet the standards I have seen with their other reviews.