Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
02-27-2016, 07:32 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow. Quite some info in that Yaotomi blog! Thanks for the link, rawr. Too bad Japanese is so difficult to translate into English since I am sure I missed something. Cool that the increasing ISO range is not achieved by digital amplification but is analog output from the sensor hardware. Also very cool that they put an LED inside the remote cable socket. Since I use this all the time at night for astro work, it will come in very handy. Can't wait for more hands-on reports.

02-28-2016, 02:33 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
dslr film noob podcast... don't watch if you're easily angered.

https://youtu.be/LKsN6-K5jkg?t=21m25s
02-28-2016, 04:45 AM   #63
Veteran Member

A short but informative video from Amateur Photographer

02-28-2016, 05:04 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by maltfalc Quote
dslr film noob podcast... don't watch if you're easily angered.

https://youtu.be/LKsN6-K5jkg?t=21m25s
yeah - I stumbled into that one - particularly appreciated the comments about the rear LCD - to paraphrase -" People who have held the camera and suspended it from the LCD say that it is very strong: looking at a picture of it, and bringing the full weight of my prejudice and ignorance to bear, I disagree" - or words to that effect. Don't give them the satisfaction of watching them to check that - I'm sure maltfalc will confirm.

02-28-2016, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
DP Review at CP+ with K-1
CP+ 2016: Pentax K-1 past and present: Digital Photography Review
02-28-2016, 07:06 AM   #66
Veteran Member

I wonder and wonder... if Ed from Photouniverse will eventually come out with one of his awesome videos to the K-1!? Is he here on the forums active?
02-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Ed is on the forum, but I don't know how active. I wait for his reaction also. Even not always agree with him, that is normal, I like that he is passionate. A man with a passion for good photography, not special for some brand. In a way, his opinion can be considered somehow neutral, exposing also good and bad points of a camera. And I appreciate this type of opinions, in an ocean of brand loyalist or merchandisers ready to say that every camera is the best.

02-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Wiz, does Croydon Camera House still stock Pentax?
Rod, I called in there last week, nary a Pentax in sight.

I'd suggest you call Paul at Kirk's and get on the list.
02-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Swedish interview: Pentax K-1 - Tommie på Focus Nordic svarar på våra frågor! - CyberPhoto AB

03-01-2016, 11:07 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Post links here, and I'll compile a list in the first post. No rumors any more, just official news/articles. All languages are welcome (please note what language if its something else then English)

Pentaxforums - Pentax K-1 officially announced (article)
Pentaxforums - Pentax K-1 officially announced (thread)
Popular Photography - Pentax Debuts Their First Full-Frame DSLR, The K-1 (article)
Imaging Resource - Full frame, finally: Pentax K-1 launches alongside 15-30mm, 28-105mm lenses (article)
Imaging Resource - Pentax K-1 -- Hands-on preview (article)
Dpreview - Special K? Pentax K-1 First Impressions Review (article)
Dpreview - First shots: Pentax K-1 pre-production sample gallery (image gallery)
Dpreview - Here at last: Ricoh unveils the Pentax K-1 full-frame DSLR with 36MP sensor for $1800 (article)
Dpreview - Ricoh adds 15-30mm F2.8 SDM WR and 28-105mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR to full-frame lens range (article)
Petapixel - The Pentax K-1 Has Features Not Found in Any Other Full Frame DSLR (article)
Xatakafoto - Pentax K-1, la primera full frame de Pentax por fin es oficial (article in spanish)
TechRadar - Hands on: Pentax K-1 review (article)

Video
Here's another review: Pentax K-1 Full-frame DSLR Camera First Impressions Review - Reviewed.com Cameras

Cheers!
03-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
I wonder and wonder... if Ed from Photouniverse will eventually come out with one of his awesome videos to the K-1!? Is he here on the forums active?
Uhh... he completely bashed the K-1, the FF format itself and the Pentaxians - months ago. Let that man be a Fuji fan, don't try to make him like - or at least be objective about - Pentax.
03-01-2016, 11:35 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Photo Life: https://www.photolife.com/2016/02/on-the-launch-of-the-pentax-k-1-full-frame/
03-02-2016, 01:33 AM - 1 Like   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
A decent look at the main features of the camera with some nice detail shots, and bonus size comparisons with the LX:

Yaotomi Camera Store blog, Japan [2016/02/17]
?????????????????????????????????PENTAX K-1 ????????????? - ??????????by????????
my google translator came up with the following -
"Long-awaited and, ~ I become dried fish" while give me the words of the angry and the like from our customers, Well door to the full-size machine was also courted the past year controversial nuclear also."

Quite amusing

Also that site called the K-1 the 'kewan'. This, I think could be a nickname that may stick.
03-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #74
Pentaxian

DPreview shooting with the K-1 in Yokohama:
CP+ 2016: shooting the Pentax K-1 in Yokohama: Digital Photography Review
With some bit about the Pixel Shift Resolution.
03-02-2016, 02:35 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Did anyone read the terrible Cnet review? So many errors. I'll forgive you if you stop reading at the first paragraph when she talks about how "the relatively inexpensive 645D has been quite popular" with no mention of the Z. But no, she goes on to say how the K-1 is for enthusiasts. Apparently, based on its specs (whatever that means), its using the same sensor as the original A7R without an AA filter to blur "edges". Video looked good, but the sensor SR produced wobbles that shouldn't be there. The reviewer doesn't "think" sensor SR works as well as optical SR. She "thinks" she saw some shake at reasonable shutter speeds.