Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2016, 05:01 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
Well, count me in....I just took the plunge and pre-ordered from B&H via the PF link.
Congrats- and thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Sorry but here in EU I pre ordered from fotolooman.nl ,best prices for Europe & less risk of damage in customs...you need to add some EU shops Adam
03-06-2016, 02:41 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
Sorry but here in EU I pre ordered from fotolooman.nl ,best prices for Europe & less risk of damage in customs...you need to add some EU shops Adam
Been working on it, but unfortunately it seems that online shopping is still way more commercialized in the US than in Europe. SRS Microsystems is another store I've been in touch with, but it hasn't led anywhere, yet. SRS tends to have very good prices (around 70 euros more for the K-1) and lots of seasonal deals on lenses. They even feature the K-1 on their homepage, which is a nice break from tradition

By the way, we should make a thread with a list of European Pentax retailers. They're not that easy to find through searches!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-06-2016, 09:58 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered mine yesterday through London Drugs here in town. They exist across the western half of Canada and I was the 7th K-1 order across all their stores. This chain has held onto their Pentax section despite the dropoff of the past couple of decades. I try to give them my business whenever I can to help keep it that way.

03-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes. I just ordered mine today.
03-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Ordered mine yesterday through London Drugs here in town. They exist across the western half of Canada and I was the 7th K-1 order across all their stores. This chain has held onto their Pentax section despite the dropoff of the past couple of decades. I try to give them my business whenever I can to help keep it that way.
That's fantastic that they're taking pre-orders! It's great for the brand to have visibility in chain stores.

Adam

03-10-2016, 12:45 AM   #22

Count me in, used the link to order from BHphoto and then did a second order from Amazon just in case.

K1 + 15-30mm + 28-105mm +BG

03-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Been working on it, but unfortunately it seems that online shopping is still way more commercialized in the US than in Europe. SRS Microsystems is another store I've been in touch with, but it hasn't led anywhere, yet. SRS tends to have very good prices (around 70 euros more for the K-1) and lots of seasonal deals on lenses. They even feature the K-1 on their homepage, which is a nice break from tradition

By the way, we should make a thread with a list of European Pentax retailers. They're not that easy to find through searches!
Hi Adam
Fotolooman.nl in Holland is very reliable & friendly and also promote Pentax alot..they have 7 coming in April 15th..1 is mine

Pentax K-1 Body Zwart Onze prijzen zijn internet-prijzen €1999 can get cheaper if you contact me.. also without VAT for export or people with business'

SRS does Not sell without VAT,so EU business people outside of the UK,cannot get it refunded,as per EU laws
03-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I think we're going to have to make a list of retailers, just like we're compiling a list of repair shops

Adam

03-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just placed my preorder for the K-1 + battery grip. (Via the PF link)
04-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
By the way, we should make a thread with a list of European Pentax retailers.
Each country/region site listed in the Home - RICOH IMAGING - European Hub Site footer seems to have a database and map of retailers. Still a bit of work if you want to search across Europe, but it helped me find what I wanted.
04-17-2016, 07:36 PM - 2 Likes   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I had a plan to wait until August, but unexpectedly I got a tax refund this year - more than enough - so I stepped up and pre-ordered as soon as B&H opened up last night.
04-18-2016, 05:20 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well, I had a plan to wait until August, but unexpectedly I got a tax refund this year - more than enough - so I stepped up and pre-ordered as soon as B&H opened up last night.
I didn't think you would hold out til August
04-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I didn't think you would hold out til August
But my wife would have.
04-18-2016, 02:22 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Upgrades inbound.

I pre-ordered mine on the US Tax day! penTAX *snicker*

I used the link for Adorama from one of the forum posts. Do you get credit if someone clicks the link or only if their order goes through?
I signed up for the giveaway but had two order numbers, one short one long. I used the short one.

I'm not sure what to do with my K20d though. Living in the Northwest, that weather sealing is magical!
I really hope they come out with an FX WR pancake!