Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Will you pre-order the K-1 before the first shipment?
Yes 9148.92%
No 9551.08%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2016, 09:11 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
B&H just updated expected delivery to April 29
What we don't know is if that is for the start of shipping those orders already in the queue or for orders placed today. In other words is the date moving back and indication that Ricoh has moved the ship date back or that the initial shipment has sold out and orders taken now will come from later batches.

03-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

People keep raising this issue but it seems unlikely. Past experience indicates that this is the release date. I do not recall the dealers changing dates as an indication of backlogged order shipping. All of the dealers seem to be changing the dates. They are not all in accord but they they have been becoming gradually less optimistic. They all admit that the dates are estimates.
03-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I certainly want them to take the time to get it right and not have any embarrassing issues at launch. But, I'm also getting a little nervous as that is now looking like mid May for delivery, allowing for shipping time. Which means I miss a lot of the spring season. Oh well.............
03-11-2016, 12:23 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They started to take pre-orders in Finland when the development of Pentax ff was announced little over a year ago. I ordered mine on Feb 27th 2015, so it took only a year to know what I had ordered. Based on my 30 min hands-on with the K-1, it's has been well worth the wait.

03-11-2016, 08:05 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Have pre ordered in Holland,should be there April 15th they said..& very good price €1500 ex VAT..maybe some in US could be tempted by this price..unless duty/taxes are added ??
03-12-2016, 11:22 AM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm gritting my teeth to stick to my plan to order in 4-6 months, just in case there are any issues with initial production. With all the enthusiasm I'm seeing her, it is getting harder and harder to wait...
03-17-2016, 05:04 AM   #82
Pentaxian

I preordered here in France, we will have to wait: Asia and America may get the prime delivery.

03-19-2016, 03:28 AM - 1 Like   #83

First post!

Sold my Nikon D750 + lenses a few weeks back and will be pre-ordering my K-1 next week. My very first camera pre-order.
03-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #84
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I preordered mine from Mattssons Foto in Lund (Sweden) at the Hässleholm Nature Festival after trying the viewfinder with my A* 85mm f1.4 and found it fully satisfactory. (Mattssons were there exposing a lot of stuff including a K-1 and the new lenses.) I also ordered a tripod, which I picked up today when I had an errand to Lund. The shop assistant told me the shop staff are scheduled for training with the K-1 the last week in April, so that's when he expected the first batch.

Kjell
03-20-2016, 12:54 AM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pre-ordered mine through B&H with the DFA 24-70mm lens and the D-BG6 grip.
03-23-2016, 01:23 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Finally pre-ordered from B & H through this website. I was wavering for a while thinking maybe a D750 would be a better camera for me (lighter and smaller sized image files). I was reassured by the members who responded (thank you!) to my thread in the K-1 forum that my current computer should be up to the task of digesting the bigger files. I rationalized that the heavier weight of the K-1 body would be offset by the FA primes and the DFA 100mm macro. I know Nikon has some great affordable primes now, but they are bigger and ugly to boot. I love macro work, but the Nikon micro 105mm 2.8 VR G lens is a tank. I just couldn't bring myself to let go of my Pentax primes. I'm keeping my K-5IIS until I confirm that there are no QA issues with the new body that would require sending it off for servicing (fingers crossed).
03-24-2016, 07:15 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Five more weeks to wait before delivery. If they go by FIFO, then probably longer. Sure wish they'd upload the manual so that I can hit the ground running.
03-29-2016, 05:32 AM   #88
Unregistered User

Just slapped that deposit down harder than a whale doing a belly flop. Done and done. Got two new Zeiss lenses ready for it also to add to the kit. Time to put my three years of formal study to good use I think!
03-29-2016, 07:48 AM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had my preorder cancelled. Not because i wonŽt buy the K-1, but because it is very foreseeable that i will be in holiday when the camera comes out.
I donŽt want 2000€ of worth lay around a strangers house or be shipped back. Sounds a bit harsh, but i have had my fair share of problems.
On the other hand the shop i preordered would have charged some money for a last minute cancelling.
IŽll check my local stores a day before my holiday. With luck iŽll get it there, otherwise my K-3 will serve me well and iŽll get the K-1 later. But i hope it will arrive in time. *fingers crossed*
05-01-2016, 01:41 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pre-ordered. Yup! My order has been in to B&H since mid February.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
So, let's see how many have actually put their money where their mouth is, so to speak. Please do not post if you haven't actually pre ordered. Thinking about it or planning on it doesn't count!

I'll start off - my order is in.
I continue the thread title. RJM