Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #31

I was about to start a new thread of RRS + Motion Correction when I saw this
Okay, a Japanese Photography magazine recently gave a preview of the motion correction function.
Comparisons on the left hand side (top to bottom): RRS + Motion Correction, RRS without Motion Correction, No RRS.
Sorry for small pictures as they are screenshots. It appears that when Motion Correction works, it is like a charm.
Really looking forward to K-1's arrival and its real world tests!

Source:
???????? K-1 ?????-PFC-Pentax Fans Club

Attached Images

02-26-2016, 07:09 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
I'm curious if this is a software thing that could be implemented into the K-3 II at some point or is that pretty much out of the question?
The K-1 is the first camera with the K-s2 'Clarity' function and the K-3ii pixel-shift capability. It may be that those two parts are chatting with each other to enable the PixShift improvement, in which case it would be a big item to implement in other cameras. Still possible though, I dare to think.. ?
02-26-2016, 07:30 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dave L Quote
Sounds useful but it may still require tripod use.
If you really really want an image, you use a tripod. If it doesn't matter whether you get it or not then you don't. (if you can't use a tripod but you really want the image you shoot a 10 shot burst and hope one of them turns out good. ) I would only use pixel shift if it was an image I really , really wanted.
02-26-2016, 09:10 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think Monochrome is right. Basically this will automatically get rid of artifacts from things moving in the frame by using the first frame on the moving items and pixel shift the rest. I think this is more of a software solving of the initial artifact problem and still means that the best results will come from someone using a tripod on a relatively still day -- but it also means that you can use it on moving water, for example, without all sorts of weird artifacts showing up.

QuoteQuote:
* The movement may not be sufficiently corrected when the subject is moving in certain directions and/or patterns. This function does not guarantee that the movement will be properly corrected for all subjects.
as stated in the Ricoh's webpages, this doesn't eliminate all the unwanted artifacts from moving things, it only reduces it.

02-26-2016, 10:10 PM - 1 Like   #35
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've just got done at CP+, and had about 15 minutes with a K-1 and Ricoh rep.

The motion correction works by taking the four shots and replacing only the regions of the image with motion artifacts with the single shot image. I was able to test this on a handheld image of the edition space at 1/250. The motion correction worked to freeze the dozens of people walking past. I found some remaining artifacts on a guy's jacket in one shot. Taking the same shot without the motion correction was a complete mess.

I asked the rep about using pixel shift for handheld shots and he said you just have to be a bit careful of your shutter speed. What surprised me was that using pixel shift does not prevent the SR function from working. Both functions can work simultaneously. That greatly increases the occasions that you could take advantage of it.
02-26-2016, 10:16 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Darn those engineers, they seem to keep removing every objection to owning a K-1 other than the financial discussion with a marginally-interested spouse!
02-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I've just got done at CP+, and had about 15 minutes with a K-1 and Ricoh rep.

The motion correction works by taking the four shots and replacing only the regions of the image with motion artifacts with the single shot image. I was able to test this on a handheld image of the edition space at 1/250. The motion correction worked to freeze the dozens of people walking past. I found some remaining artifacts on a guy's jacket in one shot. Taking the same shot without the motion correction was a complete mess.

I asked the rep about using pixel shift for handheld shots and he said you just have to be a bit careful of your shutter speed. What surprised me was that using pixel shift does not prevent the SR function from working. Both functions can work simultaneously. That greatly increases the occasions that you could take advantage of it.
Cool...SR and PS.

Can one adjust any of the parameters on motion compensation? Any other details?