Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2016, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think if we are reduced to discussing this so called fault it just means we are bored. My guess is no one but DPR will ever mention it after the camera is actually released.

03-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Anyway , USB 3.1 coming soon and all camera will be obsolete
USB 3.0 / 4.0 release dates and max speeds? - Answers - UserBenchmark

USB 4 is not coming before 2020, that mean Pentax will be current soon
03-19-2016, 01:16 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I really can't understand the difference between opening a door, plugging a cable in a camera, then plugging it in a computer vs. opening a door, pulling a card, then slipping it in the slot in my computer.
For me, there is a difference. I often shoot more than will fit on the cards in the camera, or for other reasons put in fresh cards. So my workflow has to cater for cards that are no longer in the camera. In the 12 years I've been using digital cameras, I've never extracted images via a connection to the camera.
03-19-2016, 05:18 AM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
For me, there is a difference. I often shoot more than will fit on the cards in the camera, or for other reasons put in fresh cards. So my workflow has to cater for cards that are no longer in the camera. In the 12 years I've been using digital cameras, I've never extracted images via a connection to the camera.
Neither have I, which is why I don't understand the USB3.0 fetish.

Then again, I've never filled two 64MbGb cards in one day.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-21-2016 at 07:13 AM.
03-19-2016, 06:53 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's possible that usb 3.0 devices still have to go through the certification process as well. If that's the case then they might not have wanted to go through the extra expense to keep the costs down, and those tests take time as well, which would/could seriously delay launch. One of the original certification requirements for a device utilize the USB 3.0 logo was the ability to achieve 5gb/s transfer speeds and maintain them, which given the speed of flash memory it might not have been able to achieve. Pretty hard to remember all of the details about it since it was 7-8 years ago that I read it.
03-19-2016, 06:59 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Neither have I, which is why I don't understand the USB3.0 fetish.

Then again, I've never filled two 64Mb cards in one day.
Chuckle!

It typically only occurs at airshows. And until I got the K-3-series, there was only one card. And it is only recently that I switched to 64Gb cards. (I don't find 64Mb cards useful).

But it sometimes does happen. Obviously in burst mode. You may ask "but how can you ever use more than 1% of those photos?" I can't - but I don't know which are the 1% keepers until I review them in Lightroom. It can take (say) 25 frames to get a cross-over of two planes in opposite directions, and even then it is most likely that the timing will be wrong. So I would expect to take 50 shots and be lucky to get one photo.
03-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #52

Photos: Gallery
Chuckle!

It typically only occurs at airshows. And until I got the K-3-series, there was only one card. And it is only recently that I switched to 64Gb cards. (I don't find 64Mb cards useful).

But it sometimes does happen. Obviously in burst mode. You may ask "but how can you ever use more than 1% of those photos?" I can't - but I don't know which are the 1% keepers until I review them in Lightroom. It can take (say) 25 frames to get a cross-over of two planes in opposite directions, and even then it is most likely that the timing will be wrong. So I would expect to take 50 shots and be lucky to get one photo.
There are 512 gb cards for sale now =), 2 of those @30mb/img would give you room for more than 30 000 without swapping

03-19-2016, 01:40 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igor123 Quote
There are 512 gb cards for sale now =), 2 of those @30mb/img would give you room for more than 30 000 without swapping
Ouch! I just saw the price!

I think I'll wait a bit, and use my 32GB and 64GB cards for a while.
03-19-2016, 02:24 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

(I don't find 64Mb cards useful).
*Gb.

Damned iPhone.
03-19-2016, 06:49 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There have been cards over 1tb in size for some time now, but they are extremely expensive, and up until recently pretty slow.