Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
K-1 Pre-order

It would be interesting to see the statistics on pre-orders and "no purchase necessary" entries...

02-19-2016, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adam - even if you know it's true, please don't tell us they begin shipping the K-1 on the 1st of April

"OR a 1000-word article in .doc format containing your reaction to the Pentax K-1 announcement"

1k about the K-1, I see what you did

Last edited by jimr-pdx; 02-19-2016 at 02:31 PM.
02-20-2016, 01:51 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
I keep getting this message: The following errors ocurred: Please enter an order total

I should also add that I used Firefox & Explorer
That's weird! Make sure you don't put any symbols in there, just a number. If it still gives you the error, simply e-mail the information from the form to contactpf at pentaxforums.com.

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
So I can still enter if I didn't buy a K-1 and write a 1000 word document or record a 5 minute video?
Yup, if they're interesting enough to be published

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, if they're interesting enough to be published
I guess I better start writing!

03-08-2016, 05:28 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Done. Pre-ordered.
03-18-2016, 08:13 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

Damn....in my excitement over getting the K1 .....I failed! Mrs Rupert asked me this morning when it would arrive and I gasped......"Hell, I forgot to order it in all my excitement".

She was on her way out the door for work, turned around and went to her computer and logged in and sat there and followed the link here, logged in at B&H and placed it herself! Bless her heart...kinda. She did note that she ordered the camera only, not all the other stuff I might have added.

Regards! ....can't wait to get it...you too?

I will also mention that Mrs Rupert has an account at both B&H and Adorama and has used them both many times when I had my little downtown studio. She rates them both ***** and has never had the slightest complaint on either...and Mrs Rupert is damn particular, I guarantee!
04-21-2016, 03:18 PM   #22
Lens Buying Addict

The link to the entry page returns a 404 Error. Though technically I made a pre-order through the Forum link April 16 I guess it was too late to enter the contest.
04-22-2016, 02:54 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The link to the entry page returns a 404 Error. Though technically I made a pre-order through the Forum link April 16 I guess it was too late to enter the contest.
This should be fixed now. Previously the page was not available on the mobile site, which I think threw some people off.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-22-2016, 02:56 PM   #24
Lens Buying Addict

This should be fixed now. Previously the page was not available on the mobile site, which I think threw some people off.
Thanks Adam.
04-29-2016, 06:39 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Since the K-1 is not shipping yet in the US, I am planning to extend the giveaway through May 3rd. B&H will start accepting orders at 9;15PM Eastern on Saturday.

The giveaway page will reflect this change shortly.

Adam

05-03-2016, 12:48 PM   #26
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Last call for submissions! You won't be entered in the gift card giveaway or eligible for the 1-year account upgrade unless you submit the form by the end of the day EST.

Adam

05-03-2016, 11:03 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd be Happy Just to Get it.

I Pre-Ordered mine on the 1st day back in February 17th or 18th from B&H. I'd be happy just to get the K-1.

It's a bummer that everyone who ordered from Adorama, Amazon and other stores here in the USA have either gotten a email or the K-1, while the only thing I've heard from B&H is the formed emails saying the same thing, "The following is still out of stock"

If I haven't heard from them by the end of the week, I think I'm going to have to cancel my order & switch to Adorama and hope I can get one there.
05-04-2016, 01:27 AM   #28
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
I Pre-Ordered mine on the 1st day back in February 17th or 18th from B&H. I'd be happy just to get the K-1.

It's a bummer that everyone who ordered from Adorama, Amazon and other stores here in the USA have either gotten a email or the K-1, while the only thing I've heard from B&H is the formed emails saying the same thing, "The following is still out of stock"

If I haven't heard from them by the end of the week, I think I'm going to have to cancel my order & switch to Adorama and hope I can get one there.
B&H processed their first batch yesterday. No e-mail yet, as the batch will likely ship in the morning. If you ordered that early, the order status page should show "order sent to warehouse".

Adam

05-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

B&H processed their first batch yesterday. No e-mail yet, as the batch will likely ship in the morning. If you ordered that early, the order status page should show "order sent to warehouse".

Thanks Adam. Well I'm eating crow because I got an email this morning, saying it shipped and a tracking number. The Pentax Gods are looking down upon my pin head and granting me a K-1
05-04-2016, 01:59 PM   #30
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm happy to announce our giveaway winners! @jlstrawman will be receiving the $300 B&H gift card, while @geomez @rvannatta and @EricBrown will each get a $100 Adorama gift card. Please check your PM inboxes for details.

All other giveaway participants are entitled to a 1-year forum account upgrade. Since the K-1 has just started shipping, we are not yet able to confirm any orders. The 1-year upgrades will automatically be applied once orders are confirmed. (note that returns or order cancellations will void your access).

I'd like to thank everyone who entered for supporting the forum, and I hope you enjoy your shiny new K-1's!

Adam