Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2016, 07:58 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not really seeing any benefit for my shooting, I sort of see it as a K3 upgrade with a bigger sensor. When we see it in the field and the results and user opinions, I may get more interested. Of course, if squirrels demand it, you know I will have to have one.

Don't see anything about it I don't like, or any real negatives. I think they made a very good first FF for the vast majority of "Pentax types". Most of us are not sports or action shooters, videographers...more stills and landscapes and it should excel in those areas.

I guess the real question here....will it shoot squirrels to a degree that wins their approval?

Regards!

02-21-2016, 09:19 PM   #47
Veteran Member

I'm primarily a landscape photographer so this camera has got my full attention. I canceled my K3 II order in order to wait and see what the FF had to offer. Glad I did. Now it's just a matter of finances. I should be ready to buy in May. ;-)

Geez, I have to edit my sig pic!
02-22-2016, 01:48 AM   #48

Photos: Albums
Hands down price to performance ratio and a nostalgic connection to Pentax brand.

I sold off my Nikon D600 + Nikon 24-70 2.8 + Nikon 85mm 1.8 + Sigma 35 1.4 Art a few months back in anticipation for the K-1.

I am mostly into travel and street photography. Will be shifting to Pentax for my personal use and invest in the below gear.
K-1, 77 f1.8 and Sigma 35 1.5 Art.

Maybe in the near future 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8 and a Samyang 14mm 2.8. I also wish there are some new Limited lenses released soon.
02-22-2016, 04:21 AM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I wasn't overly excited about it until I found out that:

A. I can use all my lenses, although a few will be in the crop mode.
B. The price was well below the anticipated price.
C. It has a lot of interesting features to play with.
D. Uncle Sam gave me back a lot of money.
E. Someone informed me I can't take it with me.
F. I'm a slob. No, wait, that's supposed to be snob!

While April seems like a long ways off, it will actually work out well as I don't do a lot of shooting in inclement weather (despite weatherproofing), and April marks the beginning of spring around here where we all store our winter underwear and crawl out of our igloos. So not only will I buy one, it's already preordered from B&H through the forum.

02-22-2016, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #50
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
A. I can use all my lenses, although a few will be in the crop mode.
B. The price was well below the anticipated price.
C. It has a lot of interesting features to play with.
D. Uncle Sam gave me back a lot of money.
E. Someone informed me I can't take it with me.
F. I'm a slob. No, wait, that's supposed to be snob!
Some good logic there Tom that makes sense, not just knee-jerk reasoning. Otis wanted to give you this prestigious award......with or without the "snob/slob" part........depending on how you treat him and his squirrels in 2016.

For me, I'm leaning toward the K1, the crop ability is a big plus for my Bigma style shooting and the other features are also impressive. Maybe before summer.......The dead of winter does not let me get too excited about much of anything.

Regards!
02-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #51
Site Supporter

I plan to buy a 2016 model in 2019!
02-23-2016, 05:34 PM   #52
Site Supporter

I know it sounds crazy, but I can't wait to try my F 35-70 on the K-1. Who knows, it may be good. So many lens to try...

Last edited by dcpropilot; 02-23-2016 at 05:40 PM.
02-23-2016, 05:53 PM   #53
Site Supporter

Every time my hand hover above the purcgase button, two small version of me appears on my shoulders the enthusiast me who scream "do it" and the BeanCounter me , with a lot of reason (several good ones) to not preorder the camera... I hate that little me...

02-24-2016, 08:52 PM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

I want one.
For me, that's enough.
02-25-2016, 03:01 AM   #55

I have been waiting for this for so long, i would buy it even if i had given up photography!

I havent of course, i am buying it for the 'right' look. My FF lenses never seem to give the right look through a croped viewfinder. I use them on my MZS and they look 'right'.

Whether my lenses will work ok on the K1 is a different question of course.
02-25-2016, 05:18 PM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JEstebanFC Quote
Maybe is not that interesting thread, but after see a previous comment on the opposite thread I want to know what do you thing about it.
I have a Pentax K5, for me the K5 II and K3 was not enough improvement to buy it. Probably people with K3 or K3 II have the same feeling with the K1.
Personally, K3 II present interesting tools to have, like the integrated GPS for Astrophotography (I'm not used too much the internal flash); the super resolution, which for me gave a new kind of challenges to explore.
And of course, K-1 have the new 5-axis stabilization (I thing is new, right?), WIFI incorporate (I have a compact Sony that is possible to control remotely and is very helpful), FF! (I have 3 lens for FF), The possibility to used the DA lens (Good thinking Pentax!), Same battery, and probably some other staff that I forgot right now.
So, taking all the improvements from K5 II to K1, there are a lot of stuff that makes me thing to buy this camera.
What about you?
Because I've always had the top Pentax offerings(aside from the 645 variants).
02-25-2016, 05:33 PM   #57

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Every time my hand hover above the purcgase button, two small version of me appears on my shoulders the enthusiast me who scream "do it" and the BeanCounter me , with a lot of reason (several good ones) to not preorder the camera... I hate that little me...

I had the same issue, until the enthusiast went over to the beancounter side to make him quiet...
02-25-2016, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #58
Site Supporter

I have pre-ordered one, because:

I'm impatient, I like having cool stuff, and I can afford it.
I have a bunch of glass I'm itching to use at the native angle of view, and I'm too lazy and impatient for film.
I'm looking at making some big prints and maybe one day even selling some of them.

I will keep a crop camera, mainly for telephoto and macro use. The only wide crop lenses I will certainly keep are the DA15 and DA21 because of their flare resistance.
02-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #59
Site Supporter

I sold my Canon 5D 3 years ago although it was barely used. I regretted that sale and was thinking about getting another one on the used market, but no more ! Now that I switched to Pentax gear, I might as well go all the way and get a Pentax FF. I'm a Bokeh freak, so I would really like to put that camera to work with some of my fast limited lenses.
02-25-2016, 10:54 PM   #60
Pentaxian

I just ordered one because all Adelaid'ish forum members are getting one...... Sandy, Digitalis etc