Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No tethering support?

I haven't seen it mentioned, although I did see the info about USB 2. Has wifi, but pretty slow. And pixel shift images over USB 2 would be hideous. So I assume it's a big "no"?

02-18-2016, 12:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes it have tethering support, as same as the 645Z.
02-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #3

Features6 | PENTAX K-1 | RICOH IMAGING
QuoteQuote:
IMAGE Transmitter 2 compatibility Tethered photography from a personal computer

By installed the optional IMAGE Transmitter 2 tethering software on your PC and connecting it with the K-1 via USB terminal, you can operate the K-1, automatically transfer and save recorded images, and check photographic data on your computer. This greatly improves the efficiency of studio shooting.
Note: For proper use, the software must be upgraded to the latest version. Please access our official website for details.<>
02-18-2016, 01:20 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
Yes it have tethering support, as same as the 645Z.
Meaning Image Transmitter-2 compatibility as well as a Lightroom plug-in.

Steve

02-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
And pixel shift images over USB 2 would be hideous.
Well, maybe not hideous, but definitely slower than USB3. FWIW, I spent a couple of minutes trying to imagine use cases for tethered pixel shift and did not come up with any that were particularly compelling. Is it safe to assume that quick proofing and publication of product shots, landscape, and architectural stuff is not a common requirement?

Steve

(...is personally disappointed at the step back to USB2, though the connector is definitely less fussy as are the cables...)
02-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #6
Veteran Member

There are, in fact, three K-1 tethering options, each with different features:

- Image Transmitter 2 software (wired tethering via USB);
- the Lightroom plugin for the 645Z [working status with the K-1 to be confirmed, but it should work] (wired tethering via USB);
- the Ricoh 'Image Sync' app for Android or IOS (wireless tethering via WiFi, as seen in the K-S2).

It's also likely that at some stage pktriggercord will be updated to support the K-1. Or it might support it already without modification. Who knows, even PKTether might work too.

While Lightroom tethering seems to be taken care of, I think Capture One direct tethering support will be unlikely though. They never got around to supporting the 645Z, so unlike the LR plug-in, the interface may not be there for the K-1 to piggyback on.

Oh, and there is also the possibility, I guess, that Pentax O-FC1 Flucard WiFi remote control apps may also work with the K-1, if a Flucard is inserted in the camera.

Last edited by rawr; 02-18-2016 at 01:57 PM.
02-19-2016, 09:50 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This is wonderful news for astrophotography. Much easier to control a camera without touching the telescope.