Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #1

Pentax K1 marketing

Its me or the new Ricoh marketing campaing for the Pentax K1 is just amazing???

Not only this. In the inteview they said they pay a lot of attention to users request. Maybe we (pentax forums) are kind of responsable of this camera (or they want us to think it).

The "we make photography cameras for real photographers needs" attitude is great. It inspires devotion to the brand, probably the most wanted response in a marketing campaing.

It just called my attention, since we always complain about Pentax marketing. I believe they listen that, and are making thing real good.

I would love to read what you think about this.

Sorry for my bad grammar again. Cheers from Argentina!!

02-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #2
Forum Member

I'm looking forward to K1 marketing videos all over Youtube now!

One of the complains I've heard so far is that K-1 lacks of 4K video. For me it's not vital but I can understand why other Pentaxians complain.
02-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #3

Original Poster
Yep. But this a Leica or Nikon DF kind of camera, with the Pentax awesomeness. There are tons of good movie cameras, dslr, mirrorles and specialized movie cameras are getting cheaper. But there is no camera as the K1 show it is in paper.

Maybe in the future we will se a A7s kind of Pentax, or maybe it is called RED camera with K mount .
02-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, whoever did this marketing gets a gold star. The website is well done, spelling is even correct. Still teasing but with some well thought out, well written articles so far with the promise of more to come. Complete turn around from they have done in the past. I get the impression they are serious about this camera in a way no launch before showed.

02-19-2016, 12:37 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
So far i like it.. and by the time this camera is out we will hopefully see some wonderfull videos and banners all around. I wish that RICOH includes some Pentax stickers on the box, that worked for Apple and people started using this stickers everywhere, really low investment and free plubicity all around.
02-19-2016, 02:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Enrique S Toso Quote

The "we make photography cameras for real photographers needs" attitude is great.
This is what Pentax has been right from the beginning, and continues to be.
02-19-2016, 03:07 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
is it me or Ricoh/Pentax made a big splash. I can’t remember such splash since sony’s a7s and fuji x series.
02-19-2016, 05:22 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
is it me or Ricoh/Pentax made a big splash. I can’t remember such splash since sony’s a7s and fuji x series.
A big splash...like a lot of mess in a positive way?? I think so. It would be amazing to see some pentax gear in the olimpics (even if K1 its not the camera for this, I know K3II can do the trick in daylight), or any movie.

QuoteOriginally posted by KDAFA Quote
This is what Pentax has been right from the beginning, and continues to be.
Yes, is a true philosophy, but now they are using it for more sales.

In social networks, in the last 3 days I ve notice at least 4 jump ships from nikon to pentax. Yes. you read it well.

02-19-2016, 07:15 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Enrique S Toso Quote
Yes, is a true philosophy, but now they are using it for more sales.

In social networks, in the last 3 days I ve notice at least 4 jump ships from nikon to pentax. Yes. you read it well.
What is was trying to say is, this has always been Pentax's policy - seeing things from the photographers' perspective and needs.

If that results in good sales for them, that's only fair, and good income for the company.

If people want to switch systems and enter Pentax, it means there must be something in Pentax that's making good sense to them.

But whether good sales or bad, whether popular or otherwise, Pentax has always worked according to their standard philosophy. We also see an innovative attitude, and the courage to try.

Moreover, they have managed to do all this and yet position their equipment at a reasonable price to the customer, indeed often lower than the competition.

I salute them.

Last edited by KDAFA; 02-19-2016 at 08:14 AM.
02-19-2016, 07:23 AM   #10

They need to get the K1 in the new Terminator movie! https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/214468-watching-terminato...t-i-found.html