Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150667 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2018, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #15436
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Those glasses are like something 'futuristic' from a 70's sci-fi movie.

A lovely image BTW.

Tas

04-03-2018, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #15437
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
but class A is cool
Class D is cooler, but the distortion characteristic means that playing at volumes above 75% things can sound distinctly crunchy. Class A tube amps are glorious.
04-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #15438
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
K-1 at the Australian National Road Championships:
Nice set. Was that Buninyong?
04-03-2018, 07:00 PM - 5 Likes   #15439
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Rondec, love the "Just Chillin" photo.
Eric, your B&W shots are really good, the composition; the POV; the IQ, very well done.
Frederic, your shots are great as always. But I have to say that moon shot was not one of your best...
acoufap, I love natures sculpture and that is a good photo, incredible color.
DimC, the wanting of that lens is spreading due to the terrific shots by you , Eric & Frederic. Your first shot is so gentle & soft looking. The third is a real nice architectural photo.
BruceBanner, your "Little Trekker" photo is beautiful in every way, she looks adorable.
Made a way over due visit to the farm of some friends. They just finished redoing the old AC D-19 and are very proud. They have some really nice horses and I got a few shots in the barn that I kinda like. The lighting was incandescent & compact fluorescent and I wanted to keep the shutter speed at least a little high since the horses kept wanting to move even though I told them not to. At any rate the mixed lighting sorta produced a special effect IMO. Interesting that the horse photos look much better with a black border or back ground. Maybe I should try doing the border thing.
Best Regards, Bob

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #15440
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Class D is cooler, but the distortion characteristic means that playing at volumes above 75% things can sound distinctly crunchy. Class A tube amps are glorious.
Actually, I probably should have said that they're hot I used to lust after class A tube amps many years ago. I now have cloth ears, so they'll have to remain a happy memory.
04-03-2018, 07:35 PM - 2 Likes   #15441
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A tinge of Pink

04-04-2018, 12:11 AM - 3 Likes   #15442
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
But I have to say that moon shot was not one of your best...
Yes I know, but it was only on a test purpose, to see if Rupert has been reincarnated or not

04-04-2018, 12:52 AM - 8 Likes   #15443
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pink and wet

04-04-2018, 01:25 AM - 1 Like   #15444
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Pink and wet
Absolutely stunningly perfect! (However, the two lower leaf flaws remind me of the the Yogi Berra statement that even "If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be.") I love your flower photography, and marvel over how well you can capture the reds. One of these days I should travel out to Aukstralia for lessons.
04-04-2018, 03:09 AM   #15445
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Absolutely stunningly perfect! (However, the two lower leaf flaws remind me of the the Yogi Berra statement that even "If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be.") I love your flower photography, and marvel over how well you can capture the reds. One of these days I should travel out to Aukstralia for lessons.
You're welcome any time......
04-04-2018, 03:20 AM - 8 Likes   #15446
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A view of Portsmouth from Porchester castle, K28/3.5 (again):

04-04-2018, 04:30 AM - 10 Likes   #15447
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
DimC, the wanting of that lens is spreading due to the terrific shots by you , Eric & Frederic. Your first shot is so gentle & soft looking. The third is a real nice architectural photo.

Best Regards, Bob
I've removed the second shot, I've been using one of Lr lens preset that just changed recently and it was way too saturated in BLue and Magenta to start with, then I used one of my Luminar presets that did add some more saturation and contrast....it was over the top

I've been in love with the IRIX Thingy so far. I had to test it a few times because this brand suffered from bad QC in the past. I went first to Adorama and tried the only one they had in stock. Tested it in their brickwall and this copy was de-centered from my tests. and the left side being noticably softer than the right side. The lady from Adorama was super nice and offered to bring one more copy from their stock, but it would have taken 2 days and I had to leave NYC the day after.
So I went to B&H and they had one copy in stock, tried it (tripod at different apertures etc) and didnt notice any softness or de-centering on this one and decided to buy it.
Since then Im getting used to this lens, I think Im in love with the 15mm FoV on the K1. Seems very natural to me.
I ordered the "cheap" Newegg 30x30mm ND filters to try Long exposure but this is a piece of crap !
Then I ordered the IRIX EDGE 95mm ND1000 filter, should get it in a week or so.

I need to try night shots, astro and other indoor stuff but so far it's been a very good value for me.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Pink and wet
Stunning Eaglem !
Im a big fan of your flower pics, waiting patiently every couple days to see what you will bring next !

QuoteOriginally posted by stubyles Quote
A view of Portsmouth from Porchester castle, K28/3.5 (again):

Some light is doing the magic here...great shot and composition!
Attached Images

04-04-2018, 04:43 AM   #15448
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
I've removed the second shot, I've been using one of Lr lens preset that just changed recently and it was way too saturated in BLue and Magenta to start with, then I used one of my Luminar presets that did add some more saturation and contrast....it was over the top

I've been in love with the IRIX Thingy so far. I had to test it a few times because this brand suffered from bad QC in the past. I went first to Adorama and tried the only one they had in stock. Tested it in their brickwall and this copy was de-centered from my tests. and the left side being noticably softer than the right side. The lady from Adorama was super nice and offered to bring one more copy from their stock, but it would have taken 2 days and I had to leave NYC the day after.
So I went to B&H and they had one copy in stock, tried it (tripod at different apertures etc) and didnt notice any softness or de-centering on this one and decided to buy it.
Since then Im getting used to this lens, I think Im in love with the 15mm FoV on the K1. Seems very natural to me.
I ordered the "cheap" Newegg 30x30mm ND filters to try Long exposure but this is a piece of crap !
Then I ordered the IRIX EDGE 95mm ND1000 filter, should get it in a week or so.

I need to try night shots, astro and other indoor stuff but so far it's been a very good value for me.

Stunning Eaglem !
Im a big fan of your flower pics, waiting patiently every couple days to see what you will bring next !

Some light is doing the magic here...great shot and composition!
Thank you for the kind words
04-04-2018, 05:19 AM - 5 Likes   #15449
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A couple of sunset photos from last night (both shot with DFA 24-70).

Fence Row at Sunset.

Sunset.

[COLOR="Silver"]
04-04-2018, 06:30 AM - 9 Likes   #15450
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A photoshoot I did in January this year