Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2018, 05:51 AM   #15751
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
I believe it's to do with cutlery. The fork I believe, but as a Tasmanian maybe I'm getting that wrang, wreng, no...wrong. Yes, that's the one I'm after.

Some mighty fine imagery in the thread over the last couple of pages, great to see the standards continue to demonstrate how this camera can allow people to capture great imagery. Even if 'a person', who shall remain nameless, needed to stoop to cat photography. Mind you, it is a mighty handsome cat, so I'm glad he chose to do that. Onya Bruce me old china.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
I had to head into the 'big smoke' today so as usual I also had to take the K-1 along for the ride. I was up at 5am to get ready and be there for sunrise, and whilst I managed to be late somehow I was able to do what I was seeking to do which is add a 9 stop filter to the early morning light. So I did that and this is one of the images I captured. It's the K-1 with the Zeiss Distagon T* 25/2.8 with a Hoya NDX400 (9stop) filter and a Cokin ND4 (2 stop) soft ND grad.

Tas

X-Post with the Zeiss thread.
Excellent work Tas, really.

04-19-2018, 06:20 AM - 1 Like   #15752
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
Trying to be creative with the Irix 15mm /f2.4 circle flare. This flare happens when shooting straight at the sun.
Lovely experiment.

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Where's My Dinner

Cat's just make such excellent photography subjects, shot f1.6 with the FA50mm1.4
What a wonderful picture! Nice process and lovely bokeh too. Bravo!
04-19-2018, 06:35 AM - 5 Likes   #15753
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Back by popular demand in COLOR!

Irix Thingy ƒ/22.0 15.0 mm 1/200 ISO800

QuoteOriginally posted by Rickster Quote
18 rays, really nice![COLOR="Silver"]
Thanks Rickster! Yeah, that is a lot of rays isn't it? I knocked it down to f22 on purpose to see what it would do, it was a fun surprise.
Eric

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
Eric, awesome photo of the bell & starburst sun. Could you please post a color version for me, pretty please...
Best Regards, Bob
Thanks Bob! Ask, and ye shall receive! Maybe... sometimes...probably not...but occasionally...ya never know.
This is one case I seriously think the B&W works equally as well as the color, both have strong suits for me, but I thought the rainbow of flare dots were a little distracting, even though they do add another point of interest.
Eric

Excellent new works by everyone on the last couple pages by all! And Frederic, that Tamron continues to impress in sharpness and PURPLE'S! That wine has legs, and bubbles, nice! The Night scene is terrific, and that ??? Sodium Vapor?? light really adds interesting color mood. Love the birdie with the 200, you must have been pretty close. Bruce, cat's are cool, and yours is mondo chill in that pic. EagleM, never stop posting those great OOC jpg's, they are always a treat! TAS - Get up early more often, that was SO WORTH it! Nice! DimC, I am embarrassed to admit, I have been cloning those rings out on the couple of occasions I got them. Glad you were bold and smart enough to find a way to show them in a positive light! Very cool!!! Cosimo, congrats on the K-1-II ! You are off to a great start, looking forward a lot's more from you with it. Rondec, your landscapes always give me a tranquil feeling, I don't know how you do it, but even this leaf has that effect. Great work as usual. Too many awesome pic's to comment, but I am so chuffed to see everyone enthused and out shooting as spring finally gets it's nose under the tent!
04-19-2018, 08:41 AM - 4 Likes   #15754
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A little real estate with the K-1 ii and 15-30 (3 shot HDR assembled in Lightroom)

04-19-2018, 10:38 AM - 9 Likes   #15755
Pentaxian

Last edited by LeRolls; 04-21-2018 at 12:26 AM.
04-19-2018, 11:16 AM - 12 Likes   #15756
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
sunset on the old massey

Tas, that is a terrific image, very impressive effect...well done.
Eric, thank you very much. Although I favor the color version I do agree with you concerning the extra elements that one could consider unwanted. And I agree that both photos offer different appealing aspects. Now that you have witnessed the creative results from DimC I do expect to see some flare circle shots from you...
Following the trend of starburst sun shots, here is one I took yesterday. Seems I have a trend of following post by LeRolls...Oh well
Best Regards, Bob
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-19-2018, 11:31 AM - 7 Likes   #15757
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
Trying to be creative with the Irix 15mm /f2.4 circle flare. This flare happens when shooting straight at the sun.

Frederic, that 1st flower shot has great detail & DOF. 3rd shot I love the composition & the different lighting effects from the sodium and mercury vapor. The birdie is OK.
Thank you Sir !
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Frederic, that Tamron continues to impress in sharpness and PURPLE'S! That wine has legs, and bubbles, nice! The Night scene is terrific, and that ??? Sodium Vapor?? light really adds interesting color mood. Love the birdie with the 200, you must have been pretty close.
Yes directly behind the window, the 560 couldn't focus so close. BTW Bob wrote about that vapor (I think he smelled it too often )
Eric, thank you very much. Although I favor the color version I do agree with you concerning the extra elements that one could consider unwanted. And I agree that both photos offer different appealing aspects. Now that you have witnessed the creative results from DimC I do expect to see some flare circle shots from you...

FF Mode • 100 ISO • Tamron SP AF Di 90mm F2.8 Macro • Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with Ray-Flash Universal L ring adapter

Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax FA 35mm F2 AL
Smoked Ham • Cavaillon Melon

Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM
European Robin • Redbreast

FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM • Walimex Pro Flash 3xVC-400
Pentax *ist • Pentax FA* 24mm F2 ED AL (IF)

04-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #15758
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tas, After viewing that city shot on flickr I must say it is stunning in every detail. And regarding philosophical remarks made under the influence, consider the fact that most often when I post comments I am consuming my home made wine...which most likely does have a vapor effect as Frederic has so well noted... No wonder some of the photos look so fuzzy, and I thought it was deliberate lack of focus for artistic affects...
Best Regards, Bob
04-19-2018, 04:29 PM - 2 Likes   #15759
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got two more from the other day.

Only just noticed the faint bokeh swirls in the background on this!

Really liked the colours here. The old way of spelling "telephone" in German helps make it look older. (it's "Telefon" now).

Last edited by Topsy; 04-19-2018 at 05:48 PM.
04-19-2018, 05:20 PM - 8 Likes   #15760
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

K-1, Sigma 35mm Art, FA77 Ltd:

04-19-2018, 09:01 PM - 5 Likes   #15761
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Peace Rose with two young ones

04-19-2018, 09:13 PM - 3 Likes   #15762