Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2019, 08:42 PM - 5 Likes   #22441
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
longbow's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NW Oregon
Posts: 700
A different view of North Falls, Silver Falls State Park - DFA 24-70


01-24-2019, 04:28 AM   #22442
Moderator
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,099
QuoteOriginally posted by HoustonBob Quote
Feeding a baby lamb who lost his mother at childbirth.
Don’t you mean at lamb birth?
01-24-2019, 07:27 AM - 13 Likes   #22443
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Eureka, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,925
Sunset from Humboldt Bay's North Jetty, shot with the FA 20-35:

01-24-2019, 07:33 AM - 3 Likes   #22444
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,765
Another one from Varanasi


01-24-2019, 08:33 AM - 4 Likes   #22445
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,886
I was fascinated by this fountain scene and ended up taking several shots while trying to find an interesting take on it since I had gone through the bother to setup my tripod...

This one I was playing with an attempt in post to mimic Edwal's Ultra-Black print developer from my darkroom days.

Irix 15mm ƒ/22.0 15.0 mm 0.5sec iso100
01-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #22446
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
WPRESTO's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 36,017
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
I was fascinated by this fountain scene and ended up taking several shots while trying to find an interesting take on it since I had gone through the bother to setup my tripod...

This one I was playing with an attempt in post to mimic Edwal's Ultra-Black print developer from my darkroom days.

Irix 15mm ƒ/22.0 15.0 mm 0.5sec iso100
Cannot be sure if you've matched the Edwal, a limitation of looking at a screen rather than I print. I always liked Dupont Velour Black paper.
01-24-2019, 11:48 AM - 5 Likes   #22447
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,598
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
This one I was playing with an attempt in post to mimic Edwal's Ultra-Black print developer from my darkroom days.
You mean Edwal dark hands ?

K-1 • FF Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM


K-1 • FF Mode • 400 ISO • Pentax F 50mm F1.7


K-1 • FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax FA 35mm F2 AL
01-24-2019, 12:26 PM   #22448
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,886
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Cannot be sure if you've matched the Edwal, a limitation of looking at a screen rather than I print. I always liked Dupont Velour Black paper.
I used to love Ilford & Kodak's fiber products, especially when I'd clamp them down on my old shiny drum dryer. Ilford had a Pearl finish that was nice too... even for RC paper. Fun times.
There was a copper toner I tried once, it was supposed to make your prints "archival"... and was a nice change from over-done Sepia toner... turns out those were my shortest lived prints, because the copper started to show staining in non-print area's outside the border. Go figure!
Eric

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
You mean Edwal dark hands ?

K-1 • FF Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM


K-1 • FF Mode • 400 ISO • Pentax F 50mm F1.7


K-1 • FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax FA 35mm F2 AL
That is what Tongs are for! (no, not Thongs, don't go there )
Eric

01-24-2019, 12:39 PM - 9 Likes   #22449
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,745
FA 31



DFA*70-200





Sigma 85

01-24-2019, 12:47 PM - 9 Likes   #22450
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,316
New fetish zoom lens ... a SMC M 35-70/2.8-3.5







01-24-2019, 01:10 PM - 7 Likes   #22451
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 3,019
Velvet Stylidium Graminifolium
01-24-2019, 01:52 PM   #22452
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,598
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
That is what Tongs are for! (no, not Thongs, don't go there )

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Velvet Stylidium Graminifolium
Darkness goes well with this lens
01-24-2019, 02:09 PM   #22453
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 22
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
I used to love Ilford & Kodak's fiber products, especially when I'd clamp them down on my old shiny drum dryer. Ilford had a Pearl finish that was nice too... even for RC paper. Fun times.
There was a copper toner I tried once, it was supposed to make your prints "archival"... and was a nice change from over-done Sepia toner... turns out those were my shortest lived prints, because the copper started to show staining in non-print area's outside the border. Go figure!
Eric



That is what Tongs are for! (no, not Thongs, don't go there )
Eric
Whoever said copper toner was archival? Certainly not the old photo texts. Fun stuff though, and still more stable than dye-based toners. Personally I miss Dupont Varigam and Varilour myself. i have a so-so emulation of Varigam using Topaz Black and White that I sometimes use.
01-24-2019, 02:16 PM   #22454
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,274
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Velvet Stylidium Graminifolium
Love the minimalist style there. Well done mate.
01-24-2019, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #22455
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,274
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
New fetish zoom lens ... a SMC M 35-70/2.8-3.5
Smooth bokeh on that last one Jean.
Well done.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, copy, crop, da* 200mm f2.8, dslr, f2.8, focus, friend, full frame, full-frame, images, k-1, k1, pentax, pentax k-1, pics, pm, post, post your k-1, review, sample, shots, squirrel, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post pictures made with your worst lens! LensBeginner Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 27 08-02-2018 10:27 AM
Post your K5IIs pictures here... SECELEE Pentax K-5 2 02-21-2015 09:30 PM
There should be a post your K-30 pictures thread memo90061 Pentax K-30 & K-50 3 10-30-2012 02:06 AM
Thematic Post your winter pictures ohce Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 10 03-22-2012 06:17 PM
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top