FA 31
Love that first one.

A little trip out with my (very under-used) K50/1.2:

01-29-2019, 11:01 AM - 4 Likes   #22532
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
About that flash, dunno, perhaps little could have brought up face, but it would have changed whole mood of this too.
Yeah this is what I was afraid of.

Having some mulled wine with two friends (and FA 77):

01-29-2019, 11:28 AM - 5 Likes   #22533
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-1 • FF Mode • 100 ISO • Tamron SP AF Di 90mm F2.8 Macro
Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with softbox

K-1 • FF Mode • 100 ISO • Irix Blackstone 15mm F2.4

K-1 • FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax FA 35mm F2 AL
01-29-2019, 11:40 AM - 5 Likes   #22534
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Japanese garden at Oberlin College.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
01-29-2019, 12:20 PM - 2 Likes   #22535
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Japanese garden at Oberlin College.
Walter:

Your K-1 pics are great and detailed. Mine are lacking. I think there is something wrong with my K-1 ii--it has never produced photos like yours. The calibration is too far off. I'm going to send it to Precision under warranty to look at it. Thinking of soldiering through with the KP and the K-S2 (plus my Leica Kits) until it's right....I picked up a SIGMA 15-30mm (a quality lens) yesterday and was shooting with it--no matter what I did, I couldn't get it to clear focus even at low ISO (The street scene was shot at 1600; the Fado Blackboard was shot at 4000)......let me know what you think as I respect your opinion
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Last edited by Merv-O; 01-29-2019 at 12:22 PM. Reason: sysntax/pronoun correction
01-29-2019, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #22536
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stubyles Quote
Love that first one.

A little trip out with my (very under-used) K50/1.2:

Thank you!

Looks like your nifty needs some more time out, looking good.

---------- Post added 01-29-19 at 21:29 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Yeah this is what I was afraid of.

Having some mulled wine with two friends (and FA 77):

One thing is to take coupel with flash and couple with out if in doubt. SOmetimes I get my flashes with me IF I have any thoughts I'm gonna need it(I have biggish elichrome ranger with 2 flashheads. But it is nice to have it when one needs it.
01-29-2019, 12:33 PM - 1 Like   #22537
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Walter:

Your K-1 pics are great and detailed. Mine are lacking. I think there is something wrong with my K-1 ii--it has never produced photos like yours. The calibration is too far off. I'm going to send it to Precision under warranty to look at it. Thinking of soldiering through with the KP and the K-S2 (plus my Leica Kits) until it's right....I picked up a SIGMA 15-30mm (a quality lens) yesterday and was shooting with it--no matter what I did, I couldn't get it to clear focus even at low ISO (The street scene was shot at 1600; the Fado Blackboard was shot at 4000)......let me know what you think as I respect your opinion
Before sending the camera off for repair try this: Go outside on a nice sunny day. Using your best lens, set to ISO 100 or 200, f5.6 to f8, use manual focus, live view, focus peaking. Take an image that includes a distant sign such as "no parking 9AM to 5PM " IF YOU ARE RECORDING IN RAW, when you get the file into your computer boost the sharpness. RAW directly from the camera almost always benefits from, even requires some PP sharpness boost. If you are using LR, push the sharpness slider up to about 30, or to a maximum of about 50. Then evaluate sharpness by enlarging the sign provided you have a good quality monitor = generally not a laptop monitor, as my images never look as good on my laptop as they do on the bigger desktop monitor.

AND why on Earth would you or anyone else on this forum trust me??? There are scores, even hundreds of better photographers who post on this forum.

01-29-2019, 12:41 PM   #22538
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Before sending the camera off for repair try this: Go outside on a nice sunny day. Using your best lens, set to ISO 100 or 200, f5.6 to f8, use manual focus, live view, focus peaking. Take an image that includes a distant sign such as "no parking 9AM to 5PM " IF YOU ARE RECORDING IN RAW, when you get the file into your computer boost the sharpness. RAW directly from the camera almost always benefits from, even requires some PP sharpness boost. If you are using LR, push the sharpness slider up to about 30, or to a maximum of about 50. Then evaluate sharpness by enlarging the sign provided you have a good quality monitor = generally not a laptop monitor, as my images never look as good on my laptop as they do on the bigger desktop monitor.

AND why on Earth would you or anyone else on this forum trust me??? There are scores, even hundreds of better photographers who post on this forum.
Walter: Why Trust You? Because over the past 5 months I've been a Forum member, I have consistently been impressed with your breadth of detail and scope of travel in your photos.....I mean your locations practically span the globe....Additionally, your photos are rarely not crisp and detailed. It's not just the finishing, it's the regular performance of the postings. Plus when I was a 'neebie' at this site, you sent me a nice PM regarding postings, etc. I appreciated that. I welcome anyone else to comment as well, but I am stymied by the performance of my K-1 ii vs. what other experienced people on this site have wrung out of theirs....and I have been shooting for 50 years!!. I'll try your suggestions before I send the camera off to Precision, but I'm losing my patience.
01-29-2019, 12:48 PM   #22539
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Walter: Why Trust You? Because over the past 5 months I've been a Forum member, I have consistently been impressed with your breadth of detail and scope of travel in your photos.....I mean your locations practically span the globe....Additionally, your photos are rarely not crisp and detailed. It's not just the finishing, it's the regular performance of the postings. Plus when I was a 'neebie' at this site, you sent me a nice PM regarding postings, etc. I appreciated that. I welcome anyone else to comment as well, but I am stymied by the performance of my K-1 ii vs. what other experienced people on this site have wrung out of theirs....and I have been shooting for 50 years!!. I'll try your suggestions before I send the camera off to Precision, but I'm losing my patience.
Gee-whizz, thanks. But there a many who post on this forum whose images make me embarrassed to post mine.
01-29-2019, 12:54 PM   #22540
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gee-whizz, thanks. But there a many who post on this forum whose images make me embarrassed to post mine.

Well, I spotted your pics, plus you're prolific....that in and of itself, makes you a Forum mainstay

Last edited by Merv-O; 01-29-2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: syntax
01-29-2019, 01:01 PM - 2 Likes   #22541
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

mainstay

"mainstay" - - that is one of the major cables holding the masts on a sailing ship. I cannot be one of those, I get seasick snorkeling in a bay ten feet from shore.
01-29-2019, 02:02 PM - 9 Likes   #22542
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First time out with the Rokinon 1.4/35mm I just received from a fellow member.
A nice cold winter day is allways a good excuse to get out, right?

First impression: very sharp and MF works very well with the K1!

B&W conversion with DxO Filmpack 4

---------- Post added 01-29-19 at 10:24 PM ----------

... and in the mood to play ...

Last edited by volley; 01-29-2019 at 02:34 PM. Reason: corrected typo
01-29-2019, 07:53 PM - 7 Likes   #22543
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Opening Red Rose Bud

01-30-2019, 12:31 AM   #22544
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
First time out with the Rokinon 1.4/35mm I just received from a fellow member.
A nice cold winter day is allways a good excuse to get out, right?
Nice! The new lens is in good hands. A great depiction of a hunting box stand in winter.
01-30-2019, 04:50 AM - 5 Likes   #22545
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two ,more Doggie Chocs please!