Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2019, 06:19 AM - 6 Likes   #23536
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
longbow's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NW Oregon
Posts: 758
Irix 150mm f2.8 Dragonfly Macro


04-22-2019, 06:30 AM - 5 Likes   #23537
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,080
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Actually, Jim (Rupert) never posted any moon shots.

Plenty of squirrels, and other critters that came within range of his Bigma, and he had a studio for awhile where he did a lot of portrait work, but not a single moon.
Understood Racer, we just have fun at Frederic's expense because Jim would bust his chops every time Frederic posted a moon pic. So in memory of our old friend who passed, we occasionally post a squirrel pic and make sure to bust on Frederic's moon pics in as friendly a way as possible

Eric
04-22-2019, 06:33 AM - 7 Likes   #23538
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: north west pennsylvania
Photos: Albums
Posts: 674
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
FF Mode 200 ISO Pentax F 50mm F1.7


FF Mode 100 ISO Pentax FA 35mm F2 AL


FF Mode 100 ISO HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW
Even if I look at that moon shot upside down it still looks really bad, I think it was posted simply to annoy me......and it worked...

Best Regards, Bob
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-22-2019, 06:37 AM - 11 Likes   #23539
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,080
My Monarchs have come full circle...

Chrysalis

smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR /4.0 100.0 mm 1/250 iso100

04-22-2019, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #23540
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: north west pennsylvania
Photos: Albums
Posts: 674
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Understood Racer, we just have fun at Frederic's expense because Jim would bust his chops every time Frederic posted a moon pic. So in memory of our old friend who passed, we occasionally post a squirrel pic and make sure to bust on Frederic's moon pics in as friendly a way as possible

Eric
Thank you Eric, I was just getting ready to say the same thing to Racer. But I must say that you did an excellent job of wording that explanation...
Best Regards, Bob
04-22-2019, 06:41 AM   #23541
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: north west pennsylvania
Photos: Albums
Posts: 674
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
My Monarchs have come full circle...

Chrysalis

smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR /4.0 100.0 mm 1/250 iso100
Wow, fantastic shot there Taterman. Not too often one is lucky enough to find that subject to capture and you did a mighty fine job.

Best Regards, Bob
04-22-2019, 06:56 AM - 2 Likes   #23542
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: north west pennsylvania
Photos: Albums
Posts: 674
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Actually, Jim (Rupert) never posted any moon shots.

Plenty of squirrels, and other critters that came within range of his Bigma, and he had a studio for awhile where he did a lot of portrait work, but not a single moon.
Rupert was the first forum member to welcome me with a cheerful comment. I will always be grateful for knowing him on this forum but I certainly envy you for having known him personally. When you see any comments stated by us regarding Jim trust me that they are made with a great amount of respect. He was for sure a very special person as many others on this forum are...well with the exception of the moon shooter...
Best Regards, Bob
04-22-2019, 08:28 AM - 3 Likes   #23543
Moderator
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,645
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Understood Racer, we just have fun at Frederic's expense because Jim would bust his chops every time Frederic posted a moon pic. So in memory of our old friend who passed, we occasionally post a squirrel pic and make sure to bust on Frederic's moon pics in as friendly a way as possible

Eric
QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
Thank you Eric, I was just getting ready to say the same thing to Racer. But I must say that you did an excellent job of wording that explanation...
Best Regards, Bob
QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
Rupert was the first forum member to welcome me with a cheerful comment. I will always be grateful for knowing him on this forum but I certainly envy you for having known him personally. When you see any comments stated by us regarding Jim trust me that they are made with a great amount of respect. He was for sure a very special person as many others on this forum are...well with the exception of the moon shooter...
Best Regards, Bob
I see . . . . . . . now I know the rest of the story!


Jim was an awesome guy. He frequently paid for Site Supporter status for members he didn't even know.

The world is a bit poorer since he passed.

04-22-2019, 08:29 AM - 15 Likes   #23544
Pentaxian
mattb123's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado High Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 9,064
K-1ii & 15-30
04-22-2019, 09:17 AM - 5 Likes   #23545
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pschlute's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,165
A big softie

cross posting.....

k1 + "K" 85mm 2.2 SOFT lens

04-22-2019, 09:31 AM - 6 Likes   #23546
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
acoufap's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Munich, Germany
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,739




K-1 and DFA150-450.
04-22-2019, 10:26 AM - 6 Likes   #23547
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO or Jasper, AR
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,746


Watching Mushrooms Grow
K-1 mII Ltd Silver, M40f2.8 Pancake, AF210FG bounced off ceiling
04-22-2019, 11:01 AM - 3 Likes   #23548
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Posts: 229
This Old House candidate.

04-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #23549
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,521
QuoteOriginally posted by jquill Quote
This Old House candidate.


Good picture.


The real estate agent descriptor of that is "handyman special".
04-22-2019, 11:21 AM - 6 Likes   #23550
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,928
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Actually, Jim (Rupert) never posted any moon shots.

Plenty of squirrels, and other critters that came within range of his Bigma, and he had a studio for awhile where he did a lot of portrait work, but not a single moon.
This doesn't change, that he was a moon expert without taking a single shot

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Understood Racer, we just have fun at Frederic's expense because Jim would bust his chops every time Frederic posted a moon pic. So in memory of our old friend who passed, we occasionally post a squirrel pic and make sure to bust on Frederic's moon pics in as friendly a way as possible


QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
Even if I look at that moon shot upside down it still looks really bad, I think it was posted simply to annoy me......and it worked...


Tomorrow will be my revenge...

FF Mode 800 ISO Pentax F 50mm F1.7


FF Mode 200 ISO Pentax DA 70mm F2.4 Limited
Herring in Cream Sauce


FF Mode 100 ISO Pentax F 50mm F1.7
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, copy, crop, da* 200mm f2.8, dslr, f2.8, focus, friend, full frame, full-frame, images, k-1, k1, pentax, pentax k-1, pics, pm, post, post your k-1, review, sample, shots, squirrel, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post pictures made with your worst lens! LensBeginner Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 27 08-02-2018 10:27 AM
Post your K5IIs pictures here... SECELEE Pentax K-5 2 02-21-2015 09:30 PM
There should be a post your K-30 pictures thread memo90061 Pentax K-30 & K-50 3 10-30-2012 02:06 AM
Thematic Post your winter pictures ohce Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 10 03-22-2012 06:17 PM
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top