Show Printable Version 150673 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2019, 05:25 AM - 4 Likes   #25516
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote

K-1 • DFA150-450 @ 450
Nice capture, I like some motion blur.

QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
Recent shots.. outing with film users while i am the only Digital camera user which K1 (mk 2 upgraded)

Mitakon 85 1.2

FA200 F2.8

DFA50 F1.4

Nice. How are you finding the mikakon?

-----------

Magic Tree

09-26-2019, 08:34 AM - 12 Likes   #25517
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, I'm back... where have I been? Lost in space!
Color space that is...

Without going too deep into the saga, let's suffice it to say that I flipped Adobe ACR somhow to EsRGB by mistake from sRGB where it had been set for eon's... and it left me chasing my tail. I also found that even if you have your Adobe PhotoShop color space set to sRGB, but your working color space isn't set to force whatever you open in RAW to your Working colorspace and embed it, then you are still screwed.

THEN... when I asked for help here, it opened my eyes to another issue I hadn't noticed before... internet browser differences in displaying pics. The same photo hosted on Flickr, even with the correct color space, looks a tad washed out in Chrome compared to Internet Explorer. Nothing to be done about that, it is what it is, but it is frustrating to know that some who view your work won't see it at it's best. Grrrrr!

Ok Ok. Here is a repost of an earlier shot, it "should" look right in IE, and at least decent in Chrome now.
Let me know. (holds breath)
Thanks,
Eric

HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/7.1 450.0 mm 1/1250 iso1250
09-26-2019, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #25518
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Color space that is...

Without going too deep into the saga, let's suffice it to say that I flipped Adobe ACR somhow to EsRGB by mistake from sRGB where it had been set for eon's... and it left me chasing my tail. I also found that even if you have your Adobe PhotoShop color space set to sRGB, but your working color space isn't set to force whatever you open in RAW to your Working colorspace and embed it, then you are still screwed.

THEN... when I asked for help here, it opened my eyes to another issue I hadn't noticed before... internet browser differences in displaying pics. The same photo hosted on Flickr, even with the correct color space, looks a tad washed out in Chrome compared to Internet Explorer. Nothing to be done about that, it is what it is, but it is frustrating to know that some who view your work won't see it at it's best. Grrrrr!

Ok Ok. Here is a repost of an earlier shot, it "should" look right in IE, and at least decent in Chrome now.
Thanks,
Eric

Great shot. Color and exposure looks nice on Amazon Fire 8 tablet using Silk browser. Color space is complicated. I'd rather be shooting pictures.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla
09-26-2019, 09:03 AM - 5 Likes   #25519
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The reflection.

09-26-2019, 10:48 AM   #25520
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Nice capture, I like some motion blur.
Thank you, Bruce!
09-26-2019, 11:18 AM - 8 Likes   #25521
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Without going too deep into the saga, let's suffice it to say that I flipped Adobe ACR somhow to EsRGB by mistake from sRGB where it had been set for eon's...

The same photo hosted on Flickr, even with the correct color space, looks a tad washed out in Chrome compared to Internet Explorer. Nothing to be done about that, it is what it is, but it is frustrating to know that some who view your work won't see it at it's best. Grrrrr!
And in FireFox !
Thanks,
Eric
Wonderful shot ! ERIC IS BACK !!!! YEAHHHHHH !!!!!!

FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM

FF Mode • 800 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
My preferred jam : Vineyard Peaches

FF Mode • 100 ISO • Soligor C/D Wide-Auto 20mm f:2.8
(For celebrating Eric's comeback )
09-26-2019, 12:15 PM - 2 Likes   #25522
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote

And in FireFox !

Wonderful shot ! ERIC IS BACK !!!! YEAHHHHHH !!!!!!
Thanks Frederic! Beautiful set!

BTW: I just learned something else, I was able to make Chrome look as good as IE by going into Chrome/Settings/Advanced and turning OFF Hardware Acceleration, which was ON by default.
What a difference these silly little check-boxes make.
Eric

09-26-2019, 02:57 PM - 4 Likes   #25523
Marketplace Reseller

Just hanging out in the front yard while our two boys run around
FA 50mm F1.7

09-26-2019, 03:57 PM - 8 Likes   #25524
Pentaxian

Saw this guy in my front yard. First shot is with my Sigma 50-500 so I could stay back a bit. He was about 4 feet long.

After a few shots I switched to my Tamron 90mm macro and got up much closer.

He climbed up a Japanese maple.

09-26-2019, 04:40 PM - 5 Likes   #25525
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Color space that is...

Thanks,
Eric

Yeah I have a few issues as well;

If I start with a raw DNG file in LR, process it to being monochrome and then right click the file and 'Edit in>Photoshop' then photoshop converts the monochrome shot to being colour. Colour and work spaces are the same in both LR and PS.. I dunno what gives, I think I might uninstall both today and do fresh reinstalls.

Another anomaly is if I do the above process (LR>Edit in>PS) and then Export in PS as a srgb Jpg the colours are completely off and ruined. I have to hit 'Save' in PS, get the image with the changes applied back to LR and then Export from LR to get colour accuracy fixed. Again no idea why...

It's annoying.

The funniest thing of all however is when doing paid work for a client. You start off with a studio portrait mug shot at around 40mb DNG file. You then spend 20mins editing, F&S etc etc to end up with a wonderful 20mb Jpg file that makes the subject look 10yrs younger lol. But then somehow... during the exchange of files (direct emails with the full res file as well as download links), the client manages to screw everything up and set up your image to being a measly 50kb pixelated and ruined portrait profile shot on Facebook (LOL!). This is despite also giving 'Facebook Friendly' (2048 longest edge) versions as well...

So I have come to the conclusion that you have to let some control go. Different browsers, different screens (some calibrated, some not), etc. In fact I have two screens set up, one is calibrated and the other is not, the other is a bright saturated screen that might display what the image looks like on a lot of joe bloggs phones, so I like to check how the image would look on both screens. Sometimes I think that's what we should be doing, calibrating our screens to match the clients or masses! ha!

Anyway...

--------------------

This is Rose.

09-26-2019, 04:58 PM   #25526
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The old ' if you must' look
Not looking your way whilst you have one big and one small eye

Dave
09-26-2019, 05:00 PM - 4 Likes   #25527
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From a Recent Night Time Concert

This was an outdoor concert in the evening so lighting was by stage light only.

I think it turned out pretty well for handheld in the back of the audience.

Some motion blur but I think it adds to the scene rather than detracts from it.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
09-26-2019, 05:24 PM - 2 Likes   #25528
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Color space that is...

Thanks,
Eric

First let me say that I agree with what Frederic said so nicely, great to see you back Eric. This photo looks stunning on my calibrated monitor. The previous posts of that shot looked like they were taken in the fog...heavy fog at that.

Best Regards, Bob
09-26-2019, 07:47 PM - 2 Likes   #25529
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nature's contrasts

09-26-2019, 09:24 PM   #25530
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OldPentaxFan Quote
This was an outdoor concert in the evening so lighting was by stage light only.

I think it turned out pretty well for handheld in the back of the audience.

Some motion blur but I think it adds to the scene rather than detracts from it.
It does, I think the best music, public speaking events etc are best when there is a sense of movement, you just want to have it controlled (which you have). 10/10.