Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm watching

10-02-2019, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #25637
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Patriot Quote
I was here twice, the first time in the spring of 2013 and the second in the spring of 2017.

The best option is to arrive in the evening at 4-5, to get to know the place it's located only few hundred meters from parking lot, choose places for shooting and shoots before sunset and sunset,
then go back to the parking lot, to eat, to relax and then return at 10-11 for a night shots.

After ending shooting again return to the parking lot, to sleep for several hours, wake up before sunrise and again return to shoot the sunrise and shoot until the sun has risen too high.

Then again return to the parking lot, to have coffee and breakfast and continue to drive to the South Coyotes, this is not far from the White Pocket, you only need to get a permit.

Thanks for the useful info. I will plan to spend at least three days there. I've been to Coyote Buttes/Wave several times, but never heard of White Pockets until recently. Enjoy your shots very much.
10-02-2019, 05:33 PM - 17 Likes   #25638
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Newark Priory in the fog

A rework of a picture from a few years ago. K1 + DFA 24-70 . pp in LR/PS

10-02-2019, 06:20 PM - 16 Likes   #25639
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Swiftcurrent Creek in Glacier NP, shot with the DFA 15-30:

10-02-2019, 06:45 PM - 1 Like   #25640
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
A rework of a picture from a few years ago. K1 + DFA 24-70 . pp in LR/PS
Excellent Peter!
10-02-2019, 07:22 PM - 1 Like   #25641
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote

Sunrise over meadow in the Dolomites region. This is a North-East view over meadow and valley after sunrise in the Dolomite region, with the rising sun partially weakened by moving clouds. There is no car at that time of the day, it's very silent, and we can see a few horses grazing in a the distant meadow. The D-FA 70-200 was set to 130mm so that to bring back in the frame some of the distant valley and mountain range while including meadow in the foreground. I giggled when viewing that image at the back of the camera. After which I sat on a tree trunk nearby where I had breakfast in front of that panorama with the rising sun and mist. It is hard to describe the atmosphere created by the combination of view point, gold color of sunrise light rays, clouds, mist and meadow fall color in transition from green to yellow and brown. I tweaked white balance, shadow recovery, saturation, and contrast so that the image is rendered close to what my eyes perceived in the moment I took that photograph.
Love that photo, a very comfortable atmosphere. Today at dawn & dusk the conditions on and around my farm were somewhat like the ones there. As I looked around in awe of the beauty I certainly enjoyed the moments but I could not really see a scene that I could capture well enough to photograph that others might appreciate. They were subtle scenes, nothing as grand as yours, but I can for sure relate to your experience. Again, nice work.
Best Regards, Bob
10-02-2019, 07:28 PM - 1 Like   #25642
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Thanks very much Pschlute! I might be a little raw and extra squeamish at the moment... we had to put our little fur baby Ariel down last month... she was a Yorkie and just a few days from her 18th birthday. Still hard for me to talk about.

But !!! There is a new hope, as they say in a certain space opera... after fighting it for over a month, I folded like a cheap tent and gave in to my wife's plea for a new pup this week. She was miserable, and who am I kidding, I was too... So, I surprised her with a new little bundle of joy which we named Dolce'. She is 11 weeks old and quite the charmer. (yes, another Yorkie, she will be a Parti tri color from the looks of her coat so far).

What? No pictures? Nope... they've all been cell pic's so far so I can't post them here. LOL!

OK OK... I'll give her a bath soon and take some nice ones with the K-1 when I get a chance. I forgot how much work a puppy is compared to a geriatric dog who you have well trained. But it is all worth it.

In the mean time, I still have a hard time seeing that turtles struggle. Mean ol' gator! Bad gator! Bad!
Eric
Have to agree with Paul, that is a stunning series of the Bad, Bad gator.
It makes me very happy to hear that Dolce is a new member of the Tator clan. Look forward to seeing that K-1 portrait of her.
Best Regards, Bob

10-02-2019, 09:31 PM - 9 Likes   #25643
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clear skies make me favor the long landscapes to focus on the light.
Here are a couple using the K-1ii & Tamron 70-200/2.8

10-02-2019, 10:21 PM - 1 Like   #25644
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
As I looked around in awe of the beauty I certainly enjoyed the moments but I could not really see a scene that I could capture well enough to photograph that others might appreciate.
Yes, you are right. The camera can hardly reproduce what the eyes can see. Best case, the scene is strong enough to convey a fraction of the feeling.
10-03-2019, 12:48 AM   #25645
dbs
Pentaxian

Just awesome photos
On the last few pages
Biz that Dolomites shot....just wow
All of you..just beautiful work
K 1.....one day...and its not that much bigger than a K 5

Dave
10-03-2019, 01:32 AM - 7 Likes   #25646
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

There are people who wonder about the FA20-35 as a small, wide angle zoom for the K-1 … it has lousy build quality but it's light and does okay.

10-03-2019, 08:09 AM - 3 Likes   #25647

A couple shots from near where this river in Central Oregon comes out of the ground! Curious about which you prefer, and why. I gotta'
say I'm in love with this K-1 and the 28-105!!!

[/COLOR]
10-03-2019, 08:29 AM   #25648
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I vote for #2. Brush in #1 adds nothing significant to the image & if it doesn't add it detracts. Very nice leading line in #2.
10-03-2019, 08:31 AM   #25649
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
This series is kinda hard to look at if you are squeamish or have a soft spot for turtles. I know I found myself feeling for the poor turtles plight!
Have to remind ourselves it's just nature doing it's thing...

When I took this first shot, I didn't see the turtles snout poking above the duckweed until I got home and was doing post processing, so I didn't realize the drama had already begun before my 1st shot.
After many great dinners in China let me assure you that snake tastes much better than turtle

Last edited by volley; 10-06-2019 at 04:48 AM. Reason: corrected typo
10-03-2019, 08:31 AM   #25650

QuoteOriginally posted by Buckeyemikie Quote
I vote for #2. Brush in #1 adds nothing significant to the image & if it doesn't add it detracts. Very nice leading line in #2.
Thanks for the input! A new perspective.
« k1 vs k1ii | - »