Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
K-1, D-FA* 2.8/70-200 . . .
Very sharp! Nicely done.
07-21-2016, 02:43 AM - 1 Like   #2613

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by roksonne Quote
A quick portrait of my two naughty boys at home.

They look COMPLETELY innocent to me!
07-21-2016, 04:45 AM   #2614

QuoteOriginally posted by desert-tiger Quote
What lens did you take?

---------- Post added 07-18-16 at 08:06 AM ----------

For the moon one, do you have a link to converters. I want the 150-450 Pentax. Can I make that longer?
i used an old converter --> A 2X-S

07-21-2016, 04:48 AM - 1 Like   #2615
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Very sharp! Nicely done.
Thanks Mark. The only downside to the D-FA* 2.8/70/200 is it makes all my primes redundant, pretty much.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56053365@N07/28368935531/sizes/l
07-21-2016, 04:53 AM   #2616

QuoteOriginally posted by exposeric Quote
Hello ddamski
thank you for your pictures, I like them both
have you made the first on a mountain, which f-stop and ASA? And have you applied the Astrotracer?
what about the details on the moon - do you get more of them with a crop?
Cheers
Erich
thanks Erich! if you click on the pictures you can see the details in Flickr. 1/200, ISO 800, f/5.0. I used pixelshift on this one. Because of the fast time: 1/200 dont need an astrotracer for this one.
The picture is heavily cropped, but the one you see is downsized.
07-21-2016, 05:30 AM - 1 Like   #2617
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Love this K1! It was late and I saw this birdie in some brush.......just aimed and focus was instant, no hunting to pick out the bird, it locked on her instantly...no other Pentax I have owned would have done it. Mostly they just hunted like a blind hound until the opportunity had passed.

Of course, I didn't check my settings and was still at ISO 1600 from earlier in the day.....so I had to push these 2 1/2 stops in processing...not a problem with the K1.

Then she moved over to the Cheater Branch...they do love the Cheater Branch!

Regards!

07-21-2016, 05:48 AM - 7 Likes   #2618
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Recent Studio shot. Trying K-pop style...

K135 F2.5
Collage of the images:

Which style/heart you prefer...

07-21-2016, 07:10 AM   #2619
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
Recent Studio shot. Trying K-pop style...

K135 F2.5
Collage of the images:

Which style/heart you prefer...
Good. Beyond good. Like really good.
07-21-2016, 07:12 AM   #2620

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Like the pictures very much. Question I have though, isn't Georgia part of Russia (think Stalin was born there) and given that, I was surprised to see the Georgian police using American police cars...ie; the Ford police interceptor, pictured. Is this common ?
Thank you very much for your comment and your interest in my pictures! Highly appreciate it!

Georgia was part of the former Soviet Union, not of Russia. They do have an own language (no Russian can understand Georgian unless he learns it – it's the other way round as well) and also an own alphabet (has nothing to do with the cyrillic alphabet). What they do have in common is their faith (orthodox).
You're right, Stalin was born there which means he wasn't Russian but Georgian. An interesting fact if you remember that Hitler wasn't German but Austrian.
To answer another question of yours. Georgia has established strong bonds to the United States for a couple of years. And yes, the police all over the country looks like this since former president Saakachvili introduced a police reform. Georgia does everything to become a member of NATO (which won't be possible anymore since Putin invaded parts of the country in the last war between Georgia and Russia back in 2008 => similar strategy like in Ukraine) and part of the EU (they do have flags of the EU in lots of places). Most people in Georgia despise the Russians (mostly for occupying parts of their country and seeing Georgia as their asset/estate), just the old ones want to have stronger bonds to Russia again. I don't want to "abuse" this thread to write about this issue so I recommend you seeing my "travel report" on the German "Pentaxians.de" forum:

Georgien (Kaukasus): Reise nach Eurasien - einige Eindrücke. ? Pentaxians

Yes, it's in German but there are lots of pictures which speak a universal language . Feel free to comment on them in English or ask me via PN, if you have any questions/thoughts. I highly appreciate any exchange or comments.

Last edited by zeitlos; 07-21-2016 at 07:17 AM.
07-21-2016, 07:14 AM - 10 Likes   #2621
Pentaxian

FA31

Since all the models are either on vacation, sick, or busy I figured I go back to landscapes for a bit. A lovely excuse to play with my newly acquired K-1 and a chance to breathe life back into my 31. I absolutely love the adjustable screen!

07-21-2016, 07:17 AM   #2622

Fantastic shot!
07-21-2016, 07:18 AM   #2623
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
FA31

Since all the models are either on vacation, sick, or busy I figured I go back to landscapes for a bit. A lovely excuse to play with my newly acquired K-1 and a chance to breathe life back into my 31. I absolutely love the adjustable screen!

Somehow it's just not quite the same, Rollsey.

It's good. But not the same.
07-21-2016, 07:47 AM   #2624
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My first Pixel Shift photos shot with my 50mm f1.2:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-21-2016, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #2625
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zeitlos Quote
Thank you very much for your comment and your interest in my pictures! Highly appreciate it!

Georgia was part of the former Soviet Union, not of Russia. They do have an own language (no Russian can understand Georgian unless he learns it – it's the other way round as well) and also an own alphabet (has nothing to do with the cyrillic alphabet). What they do have in common is their faith (orthodox).
You're right, Stalin was born there which means he wasn't Russian but Georgian. An interesting fact if you remember that Hitler wasn't German but Austrian.
To answer another question of yours. Georgia has established strong bonds to the United States for a couple of years. And yes, the police all over the country looks like this since former president Saakachvili introduced a police reform. Georgia does everything to become a member of NATO (which won't be possible anymore since Putin invaded parts of the country in the last war between Georgia and Russia back in 2008 => similar strategy like in Ukraine) and part of the EU (they do have flags of the EU in lots of places). Most people in Georgia despise the Russians (mostly for occupying parts of their country and seeing Georgia as their asset/estate), just the old ones want to have stronger bonds to Russia again. I don't want to "abuse" this thread to write about this issue so I recommend you seeing my "travel report" on the German "Pentaxians.de" forum:

Georgien (Kaukasus): Reise nach Eurasien - einige Eindrücke. ? Pentaxians

Yes, it's in German but there are lots of pictures which speak a universal language . Feel free to comment on them in English or ask me via PN, if you have any questions/thoughts. I highly appreciate any exchange or comments.
Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. I do like to learn about the world.