Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #2686

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yes. we are all busy but if we have time to post we have time to reply every so often.....as you already do. It will make this a much better thread if we can show a little appreciation to others for their efforts here.

Wonderful pictures in this thread...no doubt about it! Some very fine and serious shooters...and even the "rest of us" post some interesting stuff once in a while!

I'm gonna try harder to show my appreciation....hope more will join me. I know I can count on FS & JVA....they are here from the K5IIs thread and are a couple of the "Good Guys" of Pentax Forums!

---------- Post added 07-23-16 at 03:26 PM ----------

You're welcome FS! Always enjoy your work! That naughty boy came alive when the beer truck arrived that day!

Just as this youngster did when he learned the beer truck had a flat tire and would be an hour late....

Shot in Crop Mode and then cropped again in processing.....These are Jpegs....who says the K1 Jpegs are not plenty good???

Waiting for the beer truck to arrive...

"Whatcha mean they had a flat tire and will be an hour late?"

Regards!
Your posts are always great to look at Rupert although I do question my own sanity as now every squirrel I see could be a relative of Otis. There does need to be a more light-hearted approach and this is a great forum with some fantastic photographers as members

07-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #2687
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"Whatcha mean they had a flat tire and will be an hour late?"
Never talk to a squirrel before his first beer !
These are Jpegs....who says the K1 Jpegs are not plenty good???
Some complain and some, like you, shoot them well !
Personally I prefer the deepness of the raw...

Nice shots vcollerp !
07-23-2016, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #2688
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vcollerp Quote
A few with the DA 560
Amazingly fine shots...we all need that lens, but it isn't just the lens, you have made some nice natural compositions too! For me...I have to use Cheater Branches.

QuoteOriginally posted by PENTAX LEEBO Quote
Your posts are always great to look at Rupert although I do question my own sanity as now every squirrel I see could be a relative of Otis.
...and they probably are a relative! All you really need to know about squirrels is that they are very tricky and conniving scoundrels!

There does need to be a more light-hearted approach and this is a great forum with some fantastic photographers as members
Agreed...the world is plenty serious and full of troubling events. No reason we can't lighten it up a little here!

this is a great forum with some fantastic photographers as members
Absolutely!!....so we need to let them know we appreciate their contributions!

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Never talk to a squirrel before his first beer !
...and never get too close to him after his 2nd beer.

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Some complain and some, like you, shoot them well !
Personally I prefer the deepness of the raw...
Can't argue with that FS.....there is more to a Raw to work with, but the Jpegs suit many needs and are as good from the K1 as from any Pentax I have used before....or better even.

Raw processed version....Makes no difference to the damn squirrel, he is still angry about the beer truck!

Regards!
07-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #2689
Loyal Site Supporter

Will be opening fully soon.

07-23-2016, 04:32 PM   #2690
Loyal Site Supporter

Ealem.....that is a beautifully exposed shot of a most difficult color.....can you tell us more...what lens etc? How about some doggie shots too?

Regards!

---------- Post added 07-23-16 at 06:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
FA31

Since all the models are either on vacation, sick, or busy I figured I go back to landscapes for a bit.
LeRolls.......Otis sends his everlasting gratitude for the few days you loaned him your lovely models, and cannot express the thrill he had shooting them! Even though he discovered his camera was out of film he will forever have the memories etched in his Big Brain.

For this once in a lifetime opportunity he thanks you by upgrading your PF membership to Site Supporter and wants to express his gratitude with his very highest award....your wonderful work here has thrilled billions of little squirrels worldwide as well as the members here that admire that wonderful work!

He would have done this earlier but his PayPal account was frozen for a few days while they investigated some of his recent purchases that seemed a little extravagant.....I think he treated your girls very nicely!

Best Regards! & we all look forward to more of your great shots.......of the girls, of course!
07-23-2016, 05:35 PM - 5 Likes   #2691
Site Supporter

Though it's a beast of lens, it's truly wonderful - DFA*70-200

07-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #2692
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
I know you didn't ask, but I like the results of the Pentax better than the Zeiss. They are very close. I just like the colors and range of that old, ancient K lens better. Has a bit more "pop" to it.
No issues!! It was more of testing of lens and also for me to practice more on landscape.

To me, both perform extremely well...

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveD Quote
There are some additional red streaks over the water and one small one close to the bridge on the K. Are these just due to some additional spot lights are different moments?
During the time I was taking the shots, There are lighted bump boats passing though.
07-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #2693
Loyal Site Supporter

It was shot with the K-1 with the Sigma 105mm EX DG Macro as I couldn't pull up the exif data I'm sure the ISO was around 400 and shutter speed was 250/sec

Ealem.....that is a beautifully exposed shot of a most difficult color.....can you tell us more...what lens etc? How about some doggie shots too?

Regards!

---------- Post added 07-23-16 at 06:51 PM ----------

LeRolls.......Otis sends his everlasting gratitude for the few days you loaned him your lovely models, and cannot express the thrill he had shooting them! Even though he discovered his camera was out of film he will forever have the memories etched in his Big Brain.

For this once in a lifetime opportunity he thanks you by upgrading your PF membership to Site Supporter and wants to express his gratitude with his very highest award....your wonderful work here has thrilled billions of little squirrels worldwide as well as the members here that admire that wonderful work!

He would have done this earlier but his PayPal account was frozen for a few days while they investigated some of his recent purchases that seemed a little extravagant.....I think he treated your girls very nicely!

Best Regards! & we all look forward to more of your great shots.......of the girls, of course!

07-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #2694
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
It was shot with the K-1 with the Sigma 105mm EX DG Macro as I couldn't pull up the exif data I'm sure the ISO was around 400 and shutter speed was 250/sec
Well, that makes sense...a great camera and a great lens + a fully qualified shooter = a fine shot. Not easy to get the exposure just right with that color, and keep all the detail.

Regards!
07-23-2016, 08:46 PM   #2695
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vcollerp Quote

That is too crazy !!!
I know how you did it: you caught those birds (God knows how, though...) and anesthetize them and then you planted them on a branch so you could take your time to get such wonderful images ... right?
Cracking shots !!

JP
07-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #2696
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, that makes sense...a great camera and a great lens + a fully qualified shooter = a fine shot. Not easy to get the exposure just right with that color, and keep all the detail.

Regards!
Gee Rupert.....you're making me blush!
07-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #2697
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Gee Rupert.....you're making me blush!
Well, it is just a fact that those are difficult to shoot......I see very few that color that are that well exposed with good detail. Even some of yours are not that good...or mine, or many others....you know how hard they are to get just right.

Of course, after my couple of compliments, you do owe me some doggy shots here. I will be expecting them!

Regards!
07-23-2016, 09:25 PM   #2698
Loyal Site Supporter

As Hubble says........ Rack Off, This is my Turf!

07-23-2016, 09:31 PM - 3 Likes   #2699
Loyal Site Supporter

A little street photography with my newly acquired K-1 (and 43 ltd), some of it from a streetcar window.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-24-2016, 02:23 AM   #2700
Loyal Site Supporter

Railway halt, Toobeah, south-west Queensland, Australia. K-1 with Pentax D-FA 28-105 f3.5-5.6
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo