Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2016, 10:58 AM   #2686
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,451
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
#3 stole the show on that set FS......little squirrels are lined up outside my office windows admiring a FF shot of one of their handsome cousins...and sending you their gratitude for shooting and posting!
Thank you Rupert and the band !

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
ou know this guy....he was too lazy to come take a peek at your wonderful shots.....
Naughty boy !

07-23-2016, 11:18 AM   #2687
SRD
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8
http://500px.com/photo/153358279

One of my first photos with K-1
07-23-2016, 12:01 PM   #2688
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,663
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I understand your business...and doubt there is a single soul here that cannot legitimately claim to be far too busy to interact when they "drag & drop". I could spend an hour typing about my busy schedule......but am too busy to do it......know what I mean?

My view is that if a person wants to participate they need to at least contribute a few words about the posts of others. No one posts in a vacuum. People want to know that their work has some value.

Further......Rondec, this post was in no way directed solely at you or your comments. I consider you one of the "good guys" here at PF and a valuable contributor. It was just an opportunity for me to post my views on what I think could make us all better members, myself included. None of us are perfect in this regard, but all of us can be better if we try a little harder.

Best Regards!
Well I seem to be part of this obiously , sorry if I'm part of making you feel bad. I do not have any of that kind purpose on my posting. I'v looked throught every picture on this thread, and enjoyed it. As I like more pictures than talk, Ilike to just post a picture and push that 'like'-button if something was making good vibes on top of good picture. There are lot of great shots from you FS999, Rondec, pinholecam, kengoh...sorry if I forgot someone...

All in all it is not a big effort to talk of photos and give some credit on them. I agree.

But for me photos themselves are interesting. May it be that I'll try to be more social from now on. Take care and have good time taking pictures!
07-23-2016, 12:13 PM   #2689
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,751
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Well I seem to be part of this obiously , sorry if I'm part of making you feel bad. I do not have any of that kind purpose on my posting. I'v looked throught every picture on this thread, and enjoyed it. As I like more pictures than talk, Ilike to just post a picture and push that 'like'-button if something was making good vibes on top of good picture. There are lot of great shots from you FS999, Rondec, pinholecam, kengoh...sorry if I forgot someone...

All in all it is not a big effort to talk of photos and give some credit on them. I agree.

But for me photos themselves are interesting. May it be that I'll try to be more social from now on. Take care and have good time taking pictures!
That is a sensible post and I appreciate your honesty and attitude. You are right, we do all enjoy the pictures here, they are wonderful!...and you are also so right to say "All in all it is not a big effort to talk of photos and give some credit on them."

None of us are perfect or even near perfect in this area, but we can do better and should. No one posts in a vacuum, and everyone appreciates some feedback on their efforts, good or bad. I don't know of a single poster that does not like to receive some notice of their efforts....do you?

That is all I am saying.....we can do better and we should.

Best Regards!

07-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #2690
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,663
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That is a sensible post and I appreciate your honesty and attitude. You are right, we do all enjoy the pictures here, they are wonderful!...and you are also so right to say "All in all it is not a big effort to talk of photos and give some credit on them."

None of us are perfect or even near perfect in this area, but we can do better and should. No one posts in a vacuum, and everyone appreciates some feedback on their efforts, good or bad. I don't know of a single poster that does not like to receive some notice of their efforts....do you?

That is all I am saying.....we can do better and we should.

Best Regards!
We will atleast try
07-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #2691
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,751
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
We will atleast try
We can all try a little to make everyone's efforts more appreciated. That's not so hard, and yours are most appreciated, many thanks!

Best Regards!
07-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #2692
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Photos: Albums
Posts: 424
This has been a great thread, and I have loved looking at every single picture here, as well as commenting on a few. Maybe I should do more commenting!

One of the funny things about the forum system here is that while it is easy to see how many likes you have received, you can't see who has given the likes, apart from the last 7 (unless I am missing something??). So I think it is very easy to totally miss out on noticing who has liked, as well as some very kind comments that come with the likes

Definitely good to post in the thread if we spot something we love, if we have time! But of course, I also know that visiting this place has to fit around other jobs for pretty much all of us.

Have a great weekend, hope you'll all be back to share some more great shots soon. Can't wait to see.

John
07-23-2016, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #2693
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,751
QuoteOriginally posted by johnc Quote
Definitely good to post in the thread if we spot something we love, if we have time! But of course, I also know that visiting this place has to fit around other jobs for pretty much all of us.
Yes. we are all busy but if we have time to post we have time to reply every so often.....as you already do. It will make this a much better thread if we can show a little appreciation to others for their efforts here.

Wonderful pictures in this thread...no doubt about it! Some very fine and serious shooters...and even the "rest of us" post some interesting stuff once in a while!

I'm gonna try harder to show my appreciation....hope more will join me. I know I can count on FS & JVA....they are here from the K5IIs thread and are a couple of the "Good Guys" of Pentax Forums!

---------- Post added 07-23-16 at 03:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Thank you Rupert and the band !
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Naughty boy !
You're welcome FS! Always enjoy your work! That naughty boy came alive when the beer truck arrived that day!

Just as this youngster did when he learned the beer truck had a flat tire and would be an hour late....

Shot in Crop Mode and then cropped again in processing.....These are Jpegs....who says the K1 Jpegs are not plenty good???

Waiting for the beer truck to arrive...


"Whatcha mean they had a flat tire and will be an hour late?"


Regards!

07-23-2016, 01:32 PM - 7 Likes   #2694
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vereeniging South Africa
Posts: 186
A few with the DA 560










07-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #2695
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 111
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yes. we are all busy but if we have time to post we have time to reply every so often.....as you already do. It will make this a much better thread if we can show a little appreciation to others for their efforts here.

Wonderful pictures in this thread...no doubt about it! Some very fine and serious shooters...and even the "rest of us" post some interesting stuff once in a while!

I'm gonna try harder to show my appreciation....hope more will join me. I know I can count on FS & JVA....they are here from the K5IIs thread and are a couple of the "Good Guys" of Pentax Forums!

---------- Post added 07-23-16 at 03:26 PM ----------





You're welcome FS! Always enjoy your work! That naughty boy came alive when the beer truck arrived that day!

Just as this youngster did when he learned the beer truck had a flat tire and would be an hour late....

Shot in Crop Mode and then cropped again in processing.....These are Jpegs....who says the K1 Jpegs are not plenty good???

Waiting for the beer truck to arrive...


"Whatcha mean they had a flat tire and will be an hour late?"


Regards!
Your posts are always great to look at Rupert although I do question my own sanity as now every squirrel I see could be a relative of Otis. There does need to be a more light-hearted approach and this is a great forum with some fantastic photographers as members
07-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #2696
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,451
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"Whatcha mean they had a flat tire and will be an hour late?"
Never talk to a squirrel before his first beer !
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
These are Jpegs....who says the K1 Jpegs are not plenty good???
Some complain and some, like you, shoot them well !
Personally I prefer the deepness of the raw...

Nice shots vcollerp !
07-23-2016, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #2697
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,751
QuoteOriginally posted by vcollerp Quote
A few with the DA 560
Amazingly fine shots...we all need that lens, but it isn't just the lens, you have made some nice natural compositions too! For me...I have to use Cheater Branches.

QuoteOriginally posted by PENTAX LEEBO Quote
Your posts are always great to look at Rupert although I do question my own sanity as now every squirrel I see could be a relative of Otis.
...and they probably are a relative! All you really need to know about squirrels is that they are very tricky and conniving scoundrels!

QuoteOriginally posted by PENTAX LEEBO Quote
There does need to be a more light-hearted approach and this is a great forum with some fantastic photographers as members
Agreed...the world is plenty serious and full of troubling events. No reason we can't lighten it up a little here!

QuoteOriginally posted by PENTAX LEEBO Quote
this is a great forum with some fantastic photographers as members
Absolutely!!....so we need to let them know we appreciate their contributions!

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Never talk to a squirrel before his first beer !
...and never get too close to him after his 2nd beer.

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Some complain and some, like you, shoot them well !
Personally I prefer the deepness of the raw...
Can't argue with that FS.....there is more to a Raw to work with, but the Jpegs suit many needs and are as good from the K1 as from any Pentax I have used before....or better even.

Raw processed version....Makes no difference to the damn squirrel, he is still angry about the beer truck!


Regards!
07-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #2698
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 25,666
Will be opening fully soon.

07-23-2016, 04:32 PM   #2699
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,751
Ealem.....that is a beautifully exposed shot of a most difficult color.....can you tell us more...what lens etc? How about some doggie shots too?

Regards!

---------- Post added 07-23-16 at 06:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
FA31

Since all the models are either on vacation, sick, or busy I figured I go back to landscapes for a bit.
LeRolls.......Otis sends his everlasting gratitude for the few days you loaned him your lovely models, and cannot express the thrill he had shooting them! Even though he discovered his camera was out of film he will forever have the memories etched in his Big Brain.

For this once in a lifetime opportunity he thanks you by upgrading your PF membership to Site Supporter and wants to express his gratitude with his very highest award....your wonderful work here has thrilled billions of little squirrels worldwide as well as the members here that admire that wonderful work!



He would have done this earlier but his PayPal account was frozen for a few days while they investigated some of his recent purchases that seemed a little extravagant.....I think he treated your girls very nicely!

Best Regards! & we all look forward to more of your great shots.......of the girls, of course!
07-23-2016, 05:35 PM - 5 Likes   #2700
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NW Oregon
Posts: 359
Though it's a beast of lens, it's truly wonderful - DFA*70-200




Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, copy, crop, da* 200mm f2.8, dslr, f2.8, focus, friend, full frame, full-frame, images, k-1, k1, pentax, pentax k-1, pics, pm, post, post your k-1, review, sample, shots, squirrel, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your K5IIs pictures here... SECELEE Pentax K-5 2 02-21-2015 09:30 PM
Post pictures made with your worst lens! LensBeginner Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 26 11-07-2014 02:23 PM
There should be a post your K-30 pictures thread memo90061 Pentax K-30 & K-50 3 10-30-2012 02:06 AM
Thematic Post your winter pictures ohce Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 10 03-22-2012 06:17 PM
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:42 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top