Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2020, 10:07 AM - 14 Likes   #27646
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 21,315
Sunset Panorama (FA 31 limited/pixel shift)



01-18-2020, 11:21 AM - 9 Likes   #27647
Pentaxian
Patriot's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Holy Land
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,082
A couple more shots from Mercedes-Benz Museum



Gray is Emperor Wilhelm’s personal car, and Red is the Japanese Emperor’s car.

01-18-2020, 12:17 PM - 6 Likes   #27648
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,409
FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax F 50mm F1.7


FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax FA* 24mm F2 IF AL
Mercador dos Lavradores
Funchal • Madeira


FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax FA* 24mm F2 IF AL
Machico • Madeira


FF Mode • 100 ISO • Irix Blackstone 15mm F2.4
Ponto de São Lournço • Madeira
01-18-2020, 03:31 PM - 5 Likes   #27649
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 33,828
Yellow in colour



01-19-2020, 02:27 AM - 10 Likes   #27650
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,482
An Australian Tiger



K1 and DFA 150-450.... was a bit cold so could get close (Seal Bay dunes on Kangaroo Island)
01-19-2020, 09:16 AM - 1 Like   #27651
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,181
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
An Australian Tiger

K1 and DFA 150-450.... was a bit cold so could get close (Seal Bay dunes on Kangaroo Island)
Gorgeous photo! The pattern of the scales is exquisite.
01-19-2020, 12:26 PM - 2 Likes   #27652
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,409
FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax F 50mm F1.7
Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with softbox


FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM
Walimex Pro Flash 3xVC-400
Duck Foie Gras with Wild Mango and Old Agricultural Rum


FF Mode • 100 ISO • Irix Blackstone 15mm F2.4
Ponto de São Lournço • Madeira


FF Mode • 100 ISO • Irix Blackstone 15mm F2.4
Ponto de São Lournço • Madeira
01-19-2020, 12:58 PM - 2 Likes   #27653
Pentaxian
Patriot's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Holy Land
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,082
A view of some of the cascades at The Basin Trail, Franconia Notch State Park, New Hampshire



01-19-2020, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #27654
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 242
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
An Australian Tiger



K1 and DFA 150-450.... was a bit cold so could get close (Seal Bay dunes on Kangaroo Island)
Hope you used a LONG lens for that close up or cropped heavily! Since you mentioned Kangaroo Island, is the fire destruction & associated wildlife loss as bad as I'm reading in the U. S.?
01-19-2020, 03:07 PM - 5 Likes   #27655
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
stubyles's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 725
Spent a couple of happy hours with the K85/1.8 and this little cutey!

01-19-2020, 04:27 PM - 2 Likes   #27656
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,482
QuoteOriginally posted by Buckeyemikie Quote
Hope you used a LONG lens for that close up or cropped heavily! Since you mentioned Kangaroo Island, is the fire destruction & associated wildlife loss as bad as I'm reading in the U. S.?
The MFD of the 150 to 450 is 2 meters.... I probally could have got within 1 meter with this fellow... was quite cold day so they (tiger snakes) tend to just hunker down as long as you move slowly. I did get real close with my 31mm ..... but this shot is better.

As far as KI fires go.... it is very bad. The west third of the island was basically natural untouched bush habitat..... the rest of the island had been mostly farmed..... the fire burned most of he west third (Flinders Chase) and some farm land etc. The bush will over time recover to some extent..... but the wildlife is another matter.... not so much the Kangaroos and wallabies but more the myrad of other species that all just get wiped out.... at the very least a multi generational catastrophe I'd say.

Lots of less seen wildlife was lost.... bees etc...
01-19-2020, 06:04 PM - 6 Likes   #27657
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,191
Prairie ranch sunset. K-1 II and D FA 28-105, 5 image HDR merge cropped to 16:9.

01-19-2020, 07:45 PM - 1 Like   #27658
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,791
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Prairie ranch sunset. K-1 II and D FA 28-105, 5 image HDR merge cropped to 16:9.

Very nice one, Steve! I'd be tempted to title it "Piper at the Gates of Dawn", but it's sunset, there's no gate there and I can't hear the piper.

Any excuse for a Pink Floyd allusion (not to mention The Waterboys or Kenneth Graham)
01-19-2020, 08:05 PM - 1 Like   #27659
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 242
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
The MFD of the 150 to 450 is 2 meters.... I probally could have got within 1 meter with this fellow... was quite cold day so they (tiger snakes) tend to just hunker down as long as you move slowly. I did get real close with my 31mm ..... but this shot is better.

As far as KI fires go.... it is very bad. The west third of the island was basically natural untouched bush habitat..... the rest of the island had been mostly farmed..... the fire burned most of he west third (Flinders Chase) and some farm land etc. The bush will over time recover to some extent..... but the wildlife is another matter.... not so much the Kangaroos and wallabies but more the myrad of other species that all just get wiped out.... at the very least a multi generational catastrophe I'd say.

Lots of less seen wildlife was lost.... bees etc...
Very sad news about the wildlife. I've been of the opinion that climate change is real but living things will adapt...but to lose much so quickly, perhaps adaptation is not possible in some circumstances. Best of luck to y'all Downunder.
01-19-2020, 10:21 PM - 1 Like   #27660
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 6,231
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
An Australian Tiger



K1 and DFA 150-450.... was a bit cold so could get close (Seal Bay dunes on Kangaroo Island)
Exceptional composition. A wall hanger, in my estimation.

Sad situation in Australia for sure. Hope things get better soon.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, copy, crop, da* 200mm f2.8, dslr, f2.8, focus, friend, full frame, full-frame, images, k-1, k1, pentax, pentax k-1, pics, pm, post, post your k-1, review, sample, shots, squirrel, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post pictures made with your worst lens! LensBeginner Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 27 08-02-2018 10:27 AM
Post your K5IIs pictures here... SECELEE Pentax K-5 2 02-21-2015 09:30 PM
There should be a post your K-30 pictures thread memo90061 Pentax K-30 & K-50 3 10-30-2012 02:06 AM
Thematic Post your winter pictures ohce Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 10 03-22-2012 06:17 PM
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top