Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2016, 05:33 AM - 1 Like   #2821
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,109
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I can do a lot with a frying pan...
Yep, I've seen your gourmet meals and know you can.....and so do the little birdies.

Unlike the problems with the K5 series, the K1 can focus in light so low you can barely see the subject with your bare eyes...and not at all in the viewfinder.

Shot with an old Tamron 18-250 on a dark and cloudy night. The focus light was barely adequate to get a few shots and I had to guess at the composition from what little I could see of them.

The runt of the litter......a friendly little guy that likes to follow me around.


We all get an itch every so often....few of us can scratch our heads with out toes!


Fun little guys!

Regards!

07-28-2016, 05:50 AM   #2822
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
WPRESTO's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,384
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote

Straight out camera 100/2.8
The image of tufa deposits is spectacular Early AM or late PM light to enhance the colors? The sky looks like midday blue.
07-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #2823
Pentaxian
kengoh's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,320
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I suspected that first version of the 10~20 would be more useful on FF. Let mine go to another Pentaxian who I hope is getting fine images with it.
And I really like that night shot.
Thanks WPRESTO.


QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Unlike the problems with the K5 series, the K1 can focus in light so low you can barely see the subject with your bare eyes...and not at all in the viewfinder.

Shot with an old Tamron 18-250 on a dark and cloudy night. The focus light was barely adequate to get a few shots and I had to guess at the composition from what little I could see of them.

The runt of the litter......a friendly little guy that likes to follow me around.


We all get an itch every so often....few of us can scratch our heads with out toes!


Fun little guys!

Regards!
From the shots can imagine how dark the lighting is and K1's capability to focus up to -3.0ev really helps.
07-28-2016, 07:08 AM   #2824
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,404
QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Interesting. I am still debating to go 24-70 or 15-30 for some astrophoto shots. I need a lens for hiking/landscapes/astrophoto, and it seems to me 24-70 should fit the bill a bit better than 15-30.
For general walk around, 24-70 is a nicer focal range than 15-30. It is essentially a 16-50 on APS-C versus a 10-20mm on APS-C. The 15-30 is a very nice lens, but it can't take filters and is bigger than the 24-70. Getting a 24-70 and then eventually adding a 14 or 15mm prime would work pretty nicely in my opinion.

07-28-2016, 07:15 AM - 4 Likes   #2825
Pentaxian
kengoh's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,320
Yesterday at Garden By The Bay shooting these SuperTrees, height about 50m equivalent to 16 storeys high.
Previously with K3 + 10mm (APSC) + shooting vertically I still need to tilt the cam up (quite a lot) to capture the full tree, ended up distorted on the sides of the pics.
Yesterday shot with 10mm FF mode is much better though still need to tilt the cam but not as much as shooting in APSC mode.

Last edited by kengoh; 07-28-2016 at 11:15 AM.
07-28-2016, 10:22 AM - 4 Likes   #2826
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,109
QuoteOriginally posted by kengoh Quote
From the shots can imagine how dark the lighting is and K1's capability to focus up to -3.0ev really helps.
It makes all the difference Ken....from being totally frustrated like with a K5 ......to getting a decent shot with the K1.

I love those "tree"hots Ken, but don't understand just what they are???

This squirrel comes to the big oak tree about 8 feet from my office windows several times a day and peeks in hoping to get a glimpse of naked girls from NSFW post at PForums.......

The Bigma got him up close this morning.


Regards!
07-28-2016, 10:29 AM - 5 Likes   #2827
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,786
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
We all get an itch every so often....few of us can scratch our heads with out toes!
and fewer can lick their w... Ok I don't say more

1. Crop Mode • 200 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM


2. Crop Mode • 25600 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM • Kenko Pz-AF UniPlus Tube 25


3. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM


4. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 XS
07-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #2828
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 24
QuoteOriginally posted by kengoh Quote
Yesterday at Garden By The Bay shooting these SuperTrees, height about 22m equivalent to 16 storeys high.
Previously with K3 + 10mm (APSC) + shooting vertically I still need to tilt the cam up (quite a lot) to capture the full tree, ended up distorted on the sides of the pics.
Yesterday shot with 10mm FF mode is much better though still need to tilt the cam but not as much as shooting in APSC mode.
Nice picture, but I am confused by the description. If they are 22m high, and thats equivalent to 16 storeys, then each storey (or however its spellt) is 1.375m, not including space for the floor and ceiling material.

07-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #2829
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,109
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
and fewer can lick their w... Ok I don't say more
...and fewer of us would want to!

I like #2 & 3 the best....almost.....great little birdie.but the last one is really interesting and my favorite today.

BTW- That up close squirrel sends you his greetings and hopes you can fry as many birds in your big frying pan as you can catch!

Regards!
07-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #2830
Pentaxian
photoptimist's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,443
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It makes all the difference Ken....from being totally frustrated like with a K5 ......to getting a decent shot with the K1.

I love those "tree"hots Ken, but don't understand just what they are???

This squirrel comes to the big oak tree about 8 feet from my office windows several times a day and peeks in hoping to get a glimpse of naked girls from NSFW post at PForums.......

The Bigma got him up close this morning.


Regards!
Beautiful closeup! I can almost see what's on your screen (NSFW!) in the reflection in his eye.
07-28-2016, 11:12 AM   #2831
Pentaxian
kengoh's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,320
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It makes all the difference Ken....from being totally frustrated like with a K5 ......to getting a decent shot with the K1.
I love those "tree"hots Ken, but don't understand just what they are???
Info of these trees can be found here:
http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/the-gardens/supertree-grove/facts-and-figures.html

QuoteOriginally posted by xandos Quote
Nice picture, but I am confused by the description. If they are 22m high, and thats equivalent to 16 storeys, then each storey (or however its spellt) is 1.375m, not including space for the floor and ceiling material.
Ops I misread the numbers. Thanks for pointing out.
22m is the height of the subway that links those trees, the trees are 25-50m in height and based on the height of the subway (22m) these trees should be 50m high.
07-28-2016, 11:21 AM   #2832
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,671
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
The Bigma got him up close this morning.
Brilliant focused on the eye. Not all squirrels worldwide have the chance to have a personal photographer.
07-28-2016, 11:42 AM   #2833
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 43
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
For general walk around, 24-70 is a nicer focal range than 15-30. It is essentially a 16-50 on APS-C versus a 10-20mm on APS-C. The 15-30 is a very nice lens, but it can't take filters and is bigger than the 24-70. Getting a 24-70 and then eventually adding a 14 or 15mm prime would work pretty nicely in my opinion.
I did the opposite. I had been using a K-3 with a Rokinon 10-2.8 along with a Pentax 16-50. After looking back at my pictures I decided most of my landscape/hiking pictures were at the wide end of the 16-50 or with the 10, so I decided to get the 15-30 and, for now, use my 31,55,77 and 100 when I need something in the 30 to 100 range. I decided if I was going to replace a K-3 with a K-1, then worrying about the size and weight of the 15-30 was silly so I also added the Fotodiox WonderPana polarizer and ND. So far no regrets.

I fried my brain making the above decision so I am putting off deciding between the 24-70 or 28-105. Actually I am hoping for a 24-105 f4.
07-28-2016, 01:00 PM   #2834
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,786
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I like #2 & 3 the best....almost.....great little birdie.but the last one is really interesting and my favorite today.
Thank you ! Lovely portrait ! Did you see the iso setting of #2 ?
07-28-2016, 01:02 PM - 3 Likes   #2835
Forum Member




Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 92
Did a baby shoot for my brother-in-law. D-FA 100mm Macro WR.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, copy, crop, da* 200mm f2.8, dslr, f2.8, focus, friend, full frame, full-frame, images, k-1, k1, pentax, pentax k-1, pics, pm, post, post your k-1, review, sample, shots, squirrel, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your K5IIs pictures here... SECELEE Pentax K-5 2 02-21-2015 09:30 PM
Post pictures made with your worst lens! LensBeginner Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 26 11-07-2014 02:23 PM
There should be a post your K-30 pictures thread memo90061 Pentax K-30 & K-50 3 10-30-2012 02:06 AM
Thematic Post your winter pictures ohce Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 10 03-22-2012 06:17 PM
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top