Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2016, 01:47 PM - 2 Likes   #3031
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
3. Crop Mode • 400 ISO • Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM • Walimex Pro Flash 3xVC-400
Wonderful FS, my lifelong favorite drink Gin& tonic! Shot in my favorite Crop Mode...what could be better! Would you consider a trade on that gin?
That's the really good stuff! How about a full box of squirrels and two young raccoons for a full bottle?

QuoteOriginally posted by johnc Quote
Great shots everyone! Loved the Cardinals (Rupert), fs999 just great again, Rondec, I think your portraiture is really hitting the mark at the moment, just brilliant. And Noel, that FA43 shot is just to die for. Finally dakight - both just beautiful.
For your taking the moment to reply to others and for your most wonderful shots posted, Otis Squirrel was proud to make a donation in your name to elevate you to PForums Site Supporter. Keep up the good work, it does not go unnoticed by Otis!

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Not a daily occurrence and so much more exciting!
I see! She is so lovely! I recall those days....so long ago.....time flies! Now grandkids are at the age I was then!

QuoteOriginally posted by PENTAX LEEBO Quote
From our garden using the K55mm f1.8 straight from the camera
Who wouldn't love a Yellow Rose of Texas!

Best Regards!

---------- Post added 08-06-16 at 04:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by christiandre Quote
Please guys, spare us your pictures of flowers, squirrels and grasshoppers...
please , let only lerolls speak out and post
I tried to refrain from replying to your post, you know how defensive squirrels are about being the "main subject" in any thread. But...when a committee of them came to me and asked if it was possible to turn this into a "LeRolls Shots Only" thread, I figure it is OK for me to offer my full support to your idea!

If we all hit the "Report This Post" button and complain about LeRolls posting too infrequently, maybe we can start the ball rolling?

Regards!

08-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #3032
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

For your taking the moment to reply to others and for your most wonderful shots posted, Otis Squirrel was proud to make a donation in your name to elevate you to PForums Site Supporter. Keep up the good work, it does not go unnoticed by Otis!
Very touched by your kind gesture, Rupert. I feel quite humbled. There was no need on my account, but you have reminded me that I should be supporting the site, which I rely on for so much advice and views. I will do my best to keep my supporter status up, and to contribute some user reviews that I hope others will appreciate.

John
08-06-2016, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #3033
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnc Quote
Very touched by your kind gesture, Rupert. I feel quite humbled. There was no need on my account, but you have reminded me that I should be supporting the site, which I rely on for so much advice and views. I will do my best to keep my supporter status up, and to contribute some user reviews that I hope others will appreciate.

John
Thank you for your reply...Otis is quite generous but you would be amazed...and disappointed...at how few even take a moment to thank him as you have done. It is a small thing, no doubt, but small things add up and appreciation is never out of style.

Your reply to others in your post is what is commendable....and too few do it. Many just Drag & Drop and move on. You keep up the good habits and rewards will follow you wherever you go. ...and your shots were indeed excellent, that is no BS!

Every poster needs to support PForums.....it only takes a moment and a few dollars......if all a person is lacking is the few dollars, PM Otis, he is easy with his cash.....just not with his roasted peanuts, corn, sunflower seeds or wild women.....and in the high heat here, for sure don't ask him to share his cold beer!

Best Regards! & Many thanks from Otis Squirrel!
08-06-2016, 03:52 PM - 3 Likes   #3034
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Simple K1 image.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #3035
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Simple K1 image.
Very nice indeed.
08-06-2016, 06:21 PM   #3036
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Not a daily occurrence and so much more exciting!
Much more exciting, congrats!
08-06-2016, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #3037
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saddle bags are nearly full...........

08-06-2016, 08:23 PM   #3038
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Saddle bags are nearly full...........
I mean they are full! Neat shot and a great capture! It might be hard for him to lift off?

Profile of the dove I posted earlier. So easy to get these shots with the K1. AF is so fast and so sure....even with the big ol' slow Bigma!

Regards!
08-06-2016, 08:41 PM   #3039
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by christiandre Quote
Please guys, spare us your pictures of flowers, squirrels and grasshoppers...
please , let only lerolls speak out and post 😝
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I tried to refrain from replying to your post, you know how defensive squirrels are about being the "main subject" in any thread. But...when a committee of them came to me and asked if it was possible to turn this into a "LeRolls Shots Only" thread, I figure it is OK for me to offer my full support to your idea!

If we all hit the "Report This Post" button and complain about LeRolls posting too infrequently, maybe we can start the ball rolling?

Regards!
You guys are too much!

Honestly, I have so many pics to process and even more shoots planned for next week. I've just been so dang busy that I haven't had a chance to edit as much as I would like to. I am loving the K-1 FA 85 combo though. Such a pleasure to shoot with and the RAW files are so meaty and fun to process.
08-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #3040
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Honestly, I have so many pics to process and even more shoots planned for next week. I've just been so dang busy that I haven't had a chance to edit as much as I would like to.
When you get that warning from the Mods for "too little posting", you will find the time!

Regards!
08-07-2016, 12:12 AM - 2 Likes   #3041
Pentaxian

Lunch just now, shot with FA28

08-07-2016, 03:36 AM   #3042
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Very nice indeed.
Thanks. In retrospect, it would be better to crop a bit more from the right to eliminate that aperture-sided highlight.
08-07-2016, 09:34 AM - 5 Likes   #3043
Pentaxian

First time shooting with a redhead. Figured I should keep it in color.

08-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #3044
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kengoh Quote
Lunch just now, shot with FA28
Could be a diet option, or test of mental strength, just put a print of those photos in front of you for lunch time, with a glass of water, contemplate for 20 minutes :-)
08-07-2016, 10:20 AM - 4 Likes   #3045
Pentaxian

Playing around with filters, and waiting for sunset. Gmunden Schloss Ort, Pentax K1, DFA24-70 + ND32. Did not have a grad ND; so here was also an experiment with the black card method that someone posted in Pentax forum some times ago.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by biz-engineer; 08-07-2016 at 10:53 AM.