Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2016, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #3091
Site Supporter
MikeW's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 352
QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
Doha Blue Hour:

4 sec f/9 30mm DFA 15-30

Beautifully surreal!

08-09-2016, 06:07 AM   #3092
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vereeniging South Africa
Posts: 187
QuoteOriginally posted by AdrianM Quote
Red-capped Robin, Bowra, Queensland, 27 July 2016. K-1 with Sigma 500 f4.5 APO DG EX and Sigma 1.4x TC.


Great shot of a beautiful bird.
08-09-2016, 06:07 AM - 3 Likes   #3093
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 189
Hummingbird in backyard

FA* 300mm, f4.5, ISO 6400, 1/1600"
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by zhuxyg; 08-09-2016 at 07:52 AM.
08-09-2016, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #3094
Site Supporter
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,914
QuoteOriginally posted by gsande2016 Quote
Pier Pleasure
Beautiful tones in the sunset!

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
ahh PVC downpipes
I like how you gave this shot an authentic old-timey look, Noel.

QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
Doha Blue Hour
Beautious! This might be the first image of a Qatar cityscape I've ever seen.

QuoteOriginally posted by AdrianM Quote
Red-capped Robin
Fantastical!


Stupendous work, everyone!

08-09-2016, 09:49 AM - 4 Likes   #3095
Pentaxian
kengoh's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,310
Fireworks shot just now with Sigma 10-20

08-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #3096
Site Supporter
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,914
QuoteOriginally posted by EricBrown Quote
Abandoned hospital
Spectacular! Post some more shots of this place if you got 'em!

QuoteOriginally posted by forest_bear59 Quote
Common Blue
Common indeed... must be everywhere. Well done.
08-09-2016, 10:32 AM - 5 Likes   #3097
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,746
1. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 XS • Kenko Pz-AF UniPlus Tube 25 • Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with Ray-Flash Ring adapter Universal L


2. FF Mode • 400 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW


3. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
08-09-2016, 11:11 AM - 1 Like   #3098
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 4,099
QuoteOriginally posted by mrfredsporty Quote
right on, bro. learned how to double clutch when i was 17 in an mga. hooked on sportscars ever since. here is me and little p my 2015 lease cayman.
fred from nashville

Nice Porsche....only one I've been in was an old Porsche 356 Cabriolet, back in the late '60's.

I learned to double clutch, but not as anything as glamorous as an MGA. I picked up the art of double clutching on our old (1952) International grain truck, on the farm, many moons ago. When you have a load of around 15,000 lbs. of grain on an old, modified dump truck with 'tired' Cornbinder IH Black Diamond inline six and a non synchronized crash box....you learn to be quick and precise with shifts, a missed or slow shift with the truck would slow it down and usually that would mean starting all over again, something you quickly learn to avoid.

08-09-2016, 11:17 AM   #3099
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 79
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nice Porsche....only one I've been in was an old Porsche 356 Cabriolet, back in the late '60's.

I learned to double clutch, but not as anything as glamorous as an MGA. I picked up the art of double clutching on our old (1952) International grain truck, on the farm, many moons ago. When you have a load of around 15,000 lbs. of grain on an old, modified dump truck with 'tired' Cornbinder IH Black Diamond inline six and a non synchronized crash box....you learn to be quick and precise with shifts, a missed or slow shift with the truck would slow it down and usually that would mean starting all over again, something you quickly learn to avoid.
very cool!!
08-09-2016, 12:25 PM - 3 Likes   #3100
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,076
FA77+TC x1.4.
I have to admit that I was wrong saying that is impossible to focus on moving toward subject. Practiced on my cat
Attached Images
   
08-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #3101
Loyal Site Supporter
redpit's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Athens
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 729
Original Poster
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/173-general-photography/327369-pentax-aut...ml#post3735870

Since that AF argument has become a bit tiring, here is a cross post with 3 samples from K-1 (including one with an A 35-105/3.5)

Last edited by redpit; 08-09-2016 at 12:39 PM. Reason: mistakes!
08-09-2016, 12:45 PM   #3102
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,076
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/173-general-photography/327369-pentax-aut...ml#post3735870

Since that AF argument has become a bit tiring, here is a cross post with 3 samples from K-1 (including one with an A 35-105/3.5)
Yep, I kept that thread in mind shooting today specifically the cat moving toward me. It was easy since that bastard always runs toward when he sees me focusing, and ruins my shoots.

I'm going to shoot a baseball game, but can't bring telephoto lens at the stadium. So, I'm trying to mask K-1 as an "amateur camera" with the short lens, but take at least TC to get closer. So, I practice the action shooting in high ISO, and relatively low speed.
It seems that combo might work. (also will grab DA70 just in case)

Last edited by micromacro; 08-09-2016 at 12:50 PM.
08-09-2016, 12:49 PM   #3103
Loyal Site Supporter
redpit's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Athens
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 729
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Yep, I kept that thread in mind shooting today specifically the cat moving toward me. It was easy since that bastard always runs toward when he sees me focusing, and ruins my shoots.
You did it! Now try focusing on the cat riding a bicycle! That's what the objective tests require!
08-09-2016, 12:56 PM - 4 Likes   #3104
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Roi-et, Thailand
Posts: 773
FA77 . . .


https://www.flickr.com/photos/56053365@N07/28801281591/in/photostream/lightbox/
08-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #3105
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 962
That is some seriously nice red's you got there!
Eric


QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
1. FF Mode 100 ISO Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 XS Kenko Pz-AF UniPlus Tube 25 Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with Ray-Flash Ring adapter Universal L


2. FF Mode 400 ISO HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW


3. FF Mode 100 ISO Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM


---------- Post added 08-09-16 at 04:01 PM ----------

Nice hummer! It's great to see a more natural setting than a feeder too!
Eric


QuoteOriginally posted by zhuxyg Quote
FA* 300mm, f4.5, ISO 6400, 1/1600"


---------- Post added 08-09-16 at 04:01 PM ----------

Fire! I like the B&W rendition of the FA77.
Eric




Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, copy, crop, da* 200mm f2.8, dslr, f2.8, focus, friend, full frame, full-frame, images, k-1, k1, pentax, pentax k-1, pics, pm, post, post your k-1, review, sample, shots, squirrel, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your K5IIs pictures here... SECELEE Pentax K-5 2 02-21-2015 09:30 PM
Post pictures made with your worst lens! LensBeginner Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 26 11-07-2014 02:23 PM
There should be a post your K-30 pictures thread memo90061 Pentax K-30 & K-50 3 10-30-2012 02:06 AM
Thematic Post your winter pictures ohce Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 10 03-22-2012 06:17 PM
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:38 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top