Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2016, 10:34 AM - 14 Likes   #3181
Senior Member
K-amps's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 236
Had planned to capture some meteors last night, but lens fogged.. so took this instead close to morning:





08-12-2016, 10:39 AM - 1 Like   #3182
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 267
QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
Had planned to capture some meteors last night, but lens fogged.. so took this instead close to morning:
Whow, what a shot. Nice job.
08-12-2016, 10:55 AM - 5 Likes   #3183
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,163
Landscape.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-12-2016, 11:01 AM - 2 Likes   #3184
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,595
Nice series Rupert ! Almost a film

1. FF Mode 100 ISO Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Kenko Pz-AF UniPlus Tube 25 Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with Ray-Flash universal L ring adapter


2. FF Mode 200 ISO Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Kenko Pz-AF UniPlus Tube 25


3. FF Mode 400 ISO HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW


08-12-2016, 11:04 AM - 1 Like   #3185
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 816
QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
Had planned to capture some meteors last night, but lens fogged.. so took this instead close to morning:


What a happy accident, very nice morning glow shot!

It is a bummer when I get out of my A/C vehicle and even with my camera in the Lowpro , have the lens, viewfinder, etc. fog when I take it out and miss a shot!!


It is also prolly how many lenses end up with fungus over time. (that, and leather lens cases! Don't use those things!)


I put a desiccant pack or two or more depending on the size, in all my camera bags and storage cases. (These are the little silica bags comes with many electronic items in shipping these days, I save them, and they can be dried out in oven too and used over and over. You can also buy them at the arts & craft store or make your own bags and buy the powder, they use it to dry flowers etc.)


Eric
08-12-2016, 12:20 PM   #3186
Senior Member
K-amps's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 236
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
What a happy accident, very nice morning glow shot!

It is a bummer when I get out of my A/C vehicle and even with my camera in the Lowpro , have the lens, viewfinder, etc. fog when I take it out and miss a shot!!


It is also prolly how many lenses end up with fungus over time. (that, and leather lens cases! Don't use those things!)


I put a desiccant pack or two or more depending on the size, in all my camera bags and storage cases. (These are the little silica bags comes with many electronic items in shipping these days, I save them, and they can be dried out in oven too and used over and over. You can also buy them at the arts & craft store or make your own bags and buy the powder, they use it to dry flowers etc.)


Eric

Great Advice Eric! Thanks

---------- Post added 08-12-16 at 01:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The long and short of it creates a scene!

Lovely work!
08-12-2016, 12:33 PM - 2 Likes   #3187
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,391
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
1. FF Mode 100 ISO Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Kenko Pz-AF UniPlus Tube 25 Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with Ray-Flash universal L ring adapter
All of those are great FS! Of course, the little Woody is the best of the three!

Still "mouth-open wings out" hot here..and so humid!

50% crop of a Crop Mode shot.


Storm coming...maybe it will cool off for the little guy?

Regards!
08-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #3188
Pentaxian
bobbotron's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,865
That's a really amazing photo, great texture, sharp!



08-12-2016, 02:18 PM - 6 Likes   #3189
Site Supporter
dakight's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,158
Last nights effort, a composite of about a dozen images.





K-1, Sigma AF 24-70mm f3.5-5.6 Aspherical
08-12-2016, 03:28 PM   #3190
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 26,640
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
He doesn't look too happy about the lens.....maybe thinking how many doggie treat a lens could buy?



Again...way to overdressed for such a scene...the previous girl in black was on the right track! You should let those squirrels pick out the wardrobe selection! They are wardrobe experts!



Yep, some excellent shots there!

"Yeah, we can talk but make it quick, it's almost lunch time."


"Why are you lookin' at me? I haven't done anything wrong....yet!"



"I'm just checking for nasty cats lurking......"


"....before I take my noon nap."


Regards!
Well Otis looks like a Happy little Chappy enjoying a life of leisure.
08-12-2016, 03:34 PM   #3191
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,391
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Well Otis looks like a Happy little Chappy enjoying a life of leisure.
Yeah, it's the only life he knows...sort of like Hubble! We should be so lucky!
08-12-2016, 03:48 PM   #3192
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 79
ok let me try again....geesh. boy, i suck at this
fred from nashville

---------- Post added 08-12-16 at 03:50 PM ----------

but, with your kind tolerance im going to keep on trying

---------- Post added 08-12-16 at 04:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mrfredsporty Quote
ok let me try again....geesh. boy, i suck at this
fred from nashville

---------- Post added 08-12-16 at 03:50 PM ----------

but, with your kind tolerance im going to keep on trying
yikes! cant believe i missed that crop of the sign on the left.oh well. done with big moose (bigma)
Attached Images
 
08-12-2016, 06:59 PM   #3193
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,391
QuoteOriginally posted by mrfredsporty Quote
yikes! cant believe i missed that crop of the sign on the left.oh well. done with big moose (bigma)
A clone tool would knock out that sign in two seconds! What is really amazing is that with all those woods you didn't get a single squirrel!

Regards!
08-12-2016, 07:37 PM - 6 Likes   #3194
Senior Member
K-amps's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 236
Heavy Humidity precluded capturing meteors... so settled for Morse Code :-P


Last edited by K-amps; 08-13-2016 at 08:34 AM.
08-12-2016, 09:22 PM - 6 Likes   #3195
Veteran Member
volosong's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Antelope Valley, SoCal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 663
From earlier today. All with K-1 and D FA* 70-200/2.8
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, copy, crop, da* 200mm f2.8, dslr, f2.8, focus, friend, full frame, full-frame, images, k-1, k1, pentax, pentax k-1, pics, pm, post, post your k-1, review, sample, shots, squirrel, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your K5IIs pictures here... SECELEE Pentax K-5 2 02-21-2015 09:30 PM
Post pictures made with your worst lens! LensBeginner Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 26 11-07-2014 02:23 PM
There should be a post your K-30 pictures thread memo90061 Pentax K-30 & K-50 3 10-30-2012 02:06 AM
Thematic Post your winter pictures ohce Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 10 03-22-2012 06:17 PM
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top