Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2016, 05:41 AM   #3631
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Town Hall in a nearby city (= has a mayor rather than just selectmen). I've been meaning to walk around Northampton to photograph a few spots, and finally roused myself to do it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-29-2016, 07:33 AM - 6 Likes   #3632

Couple of more photos from last time shooting stars and northern lights..

Again, all photos taken with K-1 + Sigma 18-35/1.8 at 26mm, f/2, 10-15s exposure and ISOs from 400 to 1600.
08-29-2016, 07:35 AM - 8 Likes   #3633
Pentaxian

Last edited by LeRolls; 09-01-2016 at 07:39 PM.
08-29-2016, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #3634
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
Omg.. many thanks Rupert and Otis for the upgrading me to site supporter!
Otis Squirrel thanks you for your return reply!....He does this quite often for what he considers "worthy" Pentaxians but you would be surprised at the number that never return any thanks to him for his actions.
He does ask that you keep those lovely shots coming...and advises that if it gets too hot, have her feel free to "dress lighter"!

Actually, your shots posted does have some pop out feel.
Most of the problems were due to "shooter error"....which is most often the case in my shooting.

To me a cheap Tamron 28-75 is worth it if one does not want to spend on the new DFA24-70 .
That's good advice too...I once had a 2.8 28-70 Tokina and I loved it....but like an idiot I sold it...and still don't know just why?

I seem to do a little better with wildlife than with people...

Young Female Cardinal

Little Spanish Dove....I think maybe I feed my animals too well...hope she doesn't explode!

Best Regards!
Rupert

08-29-2016, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #3635
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote

Cute set. Been admiring your work for a while now. Love the night shot and circular bokeh highlights. Your style is working it's way to the surface, and it serves you well, but don't you pay your models enough to buy the whole pair of shorts? Where's the bottom half?
(That last part was just for Rupert, who probably can't type yet, because he is still mesmerized, or fighting the squirrels back from his screen)
Eric
08-29-2016, 10:07 AM   #3636
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
(That last part was just for Rupert, who probably can't type yet, because he is still mesmerized, or fighting the squirrels back from his screen)
Squirrels really loved those! Still a little "overly dressed" for them, but real beauties for certain. That first girl has the right idea...tell her to just keep cutting away at her clothes and she soon will be "just right"!

Excellent shooting.....the last girl appeals to "Rupert Types" like me....ready to go...I like that!

Regards!
08-29-2016, 10:49 AM - 4 Likes   #3637
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Rupert !

1. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

2. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

3. Crop Mode • 400 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW

4. Crop Mode • 200 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

08-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #3638
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good little birdies Rupert!

You too Frederick! That first one reminds me of the local "bottle brush" flower, usually red here.

Eric
08-29-2016, 11:12 AM - 2 Likes   #3639
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Road at Sunrise.

08-29-2016, 11:26 AM   #3640
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote

Gorgeous shots, post liked.
Only thing I could say is the crop of the last picture, I would have done it differently (maybe at the knees, otherwise tigher and less black space on the left), but it's just a minor thing, constructive comments
First two are just perfect.
08-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #3641
Veteran Member

Good little birdies Rupert!
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Road at Sunrise.
I'm liking your sun shots a lot!

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
3. Crop Mode • 400 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW
All fine FS!.....but the little birdie steals the show once again. Squirrels beg you not to cook him!
That last shot is pretty interesting. What is that place?

Here is a common shot...one Jpeg and one from Raw. the K1 Jpegs are plenty acceptable...to me...though the Raw is markedly better.

Jpeg

Processed from the Raw

I asked that little birdie at the top left to get his foot out of the frame...but he wouldn't budge......dinner tonight!

Regards!
08-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #3642
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You too Frederick! That first one reminds me of the local "bottle brush" flower, usually red here.
Thank you Eric !

Thank you Rupert ! Too young to eat
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That last shot is pretty interesting. What is that place?
It's an Alsacian museum of traditional house building and in extend all Alsacian traditions and history. It is located in Ungersheim. Tourisme Alsace (in english)

Here is a common shot...one Jpeg and one from Raw. the K1 Jpegs are plenty acceptable...to me...though the Raw is markedly better.
I'm not astonished, raw is definitely better.
08-29-2016, 01:15 PM   #3643
Veteran Member

Now on to my question of the day....
I shot my K1 at my Mom's big huge 90th Birthday Party yesterday and used a Sigma 17-70 APS-C lens in crop mode. The shots were mostly decent but lacked the pop of better optics. This is a good range and I could use a new FF lens in or around this range. Does anyone have any suggestions and any examples to point me to? I will surely appreciate the advice!
After much reviewing and searching...I think I have decided on the Pentax 28-105 for a "general walkabout" lens. Seems to have very good IQ and the price was more reasonable than I imagined too. Since I will be stealing from Mrs Rupert....less is better!

Unless anyone here has any objections?...speak up now or forever hold your comments...I am going to order it.

Regards!
08-29-2016, 01:18 PM   #3644
Pentaxian

Original Poster
After much reviewing and searching...I think I have decided on the Pentax 28-105 for a "general walkabout" lens. Seems to have very good IQ and the price was more reasonable than I imagined too. Since I will be stealing from Mrs Rupert....less is better!

Unless anyone here has any objections?...speak up now or forever hold your comments...I am going to order it.

Regards!
It's the best option up to date You will enjoy this lens.
08-29-2016, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #3645
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
It's the best option up to date You will enjoy this lens.
Makes me feel even more sure! Thanks! I looked at a lot of pictures in the Lens Data Bank here....it performed nicely at every range and the color/ contrast was very nice .

Regards!