Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2016, 11:22 AM   #3706
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Love #1 FS...so smooth yet vivid! The little birdie would normally be my pick...but I am hungry so #3 is my favorite......what are they? Do you guys eat fried okra? I love breaded fried okra....I could, and sometimes do, eat a huge bowl full!

Regards!

Don't want to beat this to death...but it is a great example of what the K1 has meant for me. I was sitting at my desk when I looked out and saw him sneaking around a tree trunk yesterday...up to no good.

In the old days before the K1, I would not have had time to pick up the camera/Bigma and turn it on...wait for it to hunt and hunt and hunt and then...maybe get focus, long after he was gone.

With the K1 focus was instant and I was ready when he popped out with that silly grin!

It's not the ISO, it's not the other great features on the K1...it's that superior AF and wonderful SR that does it for me......love my K1!!!

NOTE: We are not taunting, we are not sticking our noses in the air, we are just thrilled with our K1 cameras!....everyone should be as happy for us as we are happy for all other Pentax shooters! Pentax has cameras for everyone now!

Regards!
Yup! That pretty much sums it up. With great pictures. Well captured.

08-31-2016, 12:00 PM   #3707
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Scattering different images of this Argiope in different threads. In a few weeks there should be dozens of them, but this is the first one I've seen this year.
Frightening but beautiful !
Love #1 FS...so smooth yet vivid! The little birdie would normally be my pick...but I am hungry so #3 is my favorite......what are they? Do you guys eat fried okra? I love breaded fried okra....I could, and sometimes do, eat a huge bowl full!
Thank you ! It's sliced zucchinis in breadcrumbs. A delight ! Nice smile !
08-31-2016, 12:14 PM   #3708
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Thank you ! It's sliced zucchinis in breadcrumbs.
That was my guess...good stuff....but you didn't answer my okra question.......are you one of those "okra haters" FS? I'd sure hate to hear it......tell me you love fried okra...even if you don't!

Regards!
08-31-2016, 12:31 PM   #3709

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Have Chalk, Will Travel (with DFA 70-200)

Fire at Sunset (this with DA *55)

I really need to stop looking at DFA70-200 shots, I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need this lens

Btw, how do you like the DA*55 on your K1?

08-31-2016, 12:33 PM - 9 Likes   #3710

Fireworks!

08-31-2016, 12:41 PM   #3711
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Frightening but beautiful !

Thank you ! It's sliced zucchinis in breadcrumbs. A delight ! Nice smile !

I thought so, mmmm... good! My nana used to make frittata out of squash flowers from our garden, big yellow/orange flowers, dipped in a similar egg batter. Can't remember if from the zucchini or hubbard squash, but man, who knew a flower would taste so good?
PS - Frederick - I have a family recipe for a diced zucchini stew that would make you smile, PM me if interested, heh heh. I've never written it down, but would for you buddy. :-)

OK OK... now I'm hungry... time to post another pic from the last batch. I love how the IR makes the grass look more like snow, something I don't get to see anymore since I moved south.

Pentax K-1 SuperTak 17mm @ ƒ/16 1/60 de-fished iso100 IR conversion B&W, and pixel shifted this one.
It was windy, so I'm sure there are artifacts if you go looking for them, but I think it's ok.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8019/28720194424_02fdc35d4e_o.jpg
08-31-2016, 02:36 PM - 2 Likes   #3712
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
Fireworks!

An excellent shot in all aspects.

---------- Post added 09-01-16 at 05:38 AM ----------

A little bit of a Purple Patch!

08-31-2016, 02:44 PM   #3713
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
One of our Gardeners at work today....F*300/4.5

Always pays to give your bird a bunch of flowers.... keeps them busy for ages.

5mp crop
Thought I might find you here. Top shot.

---------- Post added 09-01-16 at 08:06 AM ----------

After looking through numerous pages in this thread I have to say that this is really,REALLY impressive. Yes, I note there are a lot of very good photographers making contributions, but gee whiz, it goes to show what happens when you put a quality tool in the hands of craftsmen/women.
08-31-2016, 03:22 PM   #3714
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Thought I might find you here. Top shot.

---------- Post added 09-01-16 at 08:06 AM ----------

After looking through numerous pages in this thread I have to say that this is really,REALLY impressive. Yes, I note there are a lot of very good photographers making contributions, but gee whiz, it goes to show what happens when you put a quality tool in the hands of craftsmen/women.
This is a great camera. It seems to be replacing my Spotmatic as my favorite Pentax SLR/DSLR For whatever reason the two "feel" a lot alike when in my hand. A tool in which I have real confidence.

FWIW - My wife is making zucchini muffins right now!
08-31-2016, 03:34 PM   #3715
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
An excellent shot in all aspects.

---------- Post added 09-01-16 at 05:38 AM ----------

That is some serious purple! Nice catch.
08-31-2016, 03:52 PM   #3716
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Thought I might find you here. Top shot.[COLOR="Silver"]
Haha sprung! Will need to catch up in the months to come and talk printing!
08-31-2016, 04:20 PM   #3717
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
You mean a whole lot of purple! Nice!

"Yep, I see you ...you damn worthless cat!"

Regards!
08-31-2016, 04:47 PM - 2 Likes   #3718
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Shoes that look suitable for walking on the rug upon which they're placed, but I'm not sure how they'd be outside.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #3719
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

She is so precious! Snap all you can...and post them here!

Yep, it appears he is trained to "sniff out" great subjects to shoot. I need to get me a doggie like that!

Regards!
Thanks. I think she is awfully cute.

QuoteOriginally posted by gda13 Quote
I've been considering one of these for this very reason...so I take it that it works reasonably well for LR processing, smaller screen and all?

Great color!
Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
The colors... I've shot more than a sunset myself, but this mix of complementaries is something... did you edit it much or was it like this?
Kudos for the fantastic pic!

P.S. oh, the 70-200 swirls? :-O
Thanks for the compliments.

Biggest thing that I did was to lighten the foreground and bump contrast a little bit using Color Efex Pro. The clouds were pretty amazing and that always seems to help sunset photos. This is the view from my front porch, so I tend to run out and grab a shot when the sunset is best.

---------- Post added 08-31-16 at 08:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by blan01 Quote
I really need to stop looking at DFA70-200 shots, I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need this lens

Btw, how do you like the DA*55 on your K1?
It is a nice lens. I shoot it stopped down a little bit, but wide open it has soft corners. The colors are really nice on it and I guess that's why I like it so much.
08-31-2016, 06:00 PM - 2 Likes   #3720
Veteran Member

D-fa* 2.8/70-200

Marking BW | Mike Parry | Flickr

Shutter speed fell a bit low on this one, so could have been much sharper.
« k1 vs k1ii | - »