Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I part of me wishes you could make it visible from the front. It's fun on trips to put a wide angle and get a picture of the wife and I, or now that I have a little one and do the "selfie" together
I think you'll be able to do that on your phone through wi-fi? others might know better

03-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I think you'll be able to do that on your phone through wi-fi? others might know better
Out of the many things to check off the list of things I'd like to see in the K1 a screen seen from the front of the Camera is pretty low on that list. It's the only thing I could think of that would even be put as a con for the LCD. I rather take build quality, but you might be on something on the WiFi. Of course with the larger field of view with the same lens maybe I'll have better chance fitting my large forehead in family selfies lol
03-06-2016, 02:19 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Put the camera on a tripod/rock/something, and remotely control it from your smartphone. Problem solved.
03-06-2016, 06:07 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Put the camera on a tripod/rock/something, and remotely control it from your smartphone. Problem solved.
Or remotely control it with the standard Pentax remote control.

03-06-2016, 06:52 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Well, the scenario was about someone wanting to:
- want to use the K-1 for selfies (instead of using his smartphone)
- want to see his face in the live view image from the front of the camera (instead of using a wider composition and crop a bit later)
In other words, someone narcissistic enough to need precisely composed 36MP high quality images of himself
03-06-2016, 07:48 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Well, the scenario was about someone wanting to:
- want to use the K-1 for selfies (instead of using his smartphone)
- want to see his face in the live view image from the front of the camera (instead of using a wider composition and crop a bit later)
In other words, someone narcissistic enough to need precisely composed 36MP high quality images of himself
Well duh if I can't post every skin pore what's the point. I did mention that with full frame it is a wider field of view so it would be easier to fit my big fore head from arms length
03-07-2016, 04:34 AM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by VuXY Quote

Dear all, is it just me ?

I get the message "Dear Kikool_CH, you do not have permission to access this page or feature."

03-07-2016, 04:47 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kikool_CH Quote
Dear all, is it just me ?
Yuh, just you...

No - seriously - several Vietnam links are down - I wonder if Ricoh has been asking people to remove the images - they don't want their ambassadors or anybody else to post unauthorised images from the camera using pre-production firmware
03-07-2016, 04:49 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Yuh, just you...

No - seriously - several Vietnam links are down - I wonder if Ricoh has been asking people to remove the images - they don't want their ambassadors or anybody else to post unauthorised images from the camera using pre-production firmware
The thread where these were posted was asked to be closed by the Opening Poster. My guess is that Ricoh didn't want too many images going out until final firmware is in the cameras and finalized.
03-07-2016, 12:43 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
Does this count as a K1 picture lol, got to have a closer look today at local camera store here in Edmonton today.
That's astounding that the K-1 has been sighted in the wild in Canada outside of Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal. Ricoh is really pulling out all the stops!
03-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #41

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The thread where these were posted was asked to be closed by the Opening Poster. My guess is that Ricoh didn't want too many images going out until final firmware is in the cameras and finalized.
Ok, thanks
03-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
That's astounding that the K-1 has been sighted in the wild in Canada outside of Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal. Ricoh is really pulling out all the stops!
Honestly I've never had issues finding Pentax in local stores in Edmonton. McBains always carries bodies and lenses and if they don't have a lens in Stock they will special order it in for you. Dons photo before they closed in Edmonton had a large selection as well. London Drugs and Vistek usually have some selection. Vistek will special order some pentax stuff as well. Usually go to McBains thou. Just ordered the 77mm from them. They'll have it transferred from another store over night
03-10-2016, 04:01 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some more pre-production straight out of camera samples posted in PF:

Pentax K-1 High-Resolution Sample Photos - Hands-on Reviews | PentaxForums.com

Interesting! :-)
03-10-2016, 08:13 AM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A beautiful text from Pentax for the K-1, along with some equally beautiful samples!

Expression / PENTAX K-1 Special site | RICOH IMAGING
03-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
A beautiful text from Pentax for the K-1, along with some equally beautiful samples!
Good text, interesting images. Nicely constructed HTML too.

However I'm not sure that the high-ISO samples reveal much, since the images are too small. And using ISO 25600 for long-exposure nightscapes is probably not something anyone would ever really do.