Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2016, 12:47 PM   #5566
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
If you want to see a sad jumper... there is a poor one legged bugger on the previous page
I'd be more concerned how he's gonna scratch that itch...

12-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #5567
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Ancient Pueblo (AKA Anasazi) village or town

Man, WPresto, you have taken some great pic's and wonderful subjects out west. If you ever get a chance to try an ultra wide out there, or use a polarizer, those big blue sky's might even pop some more.

And if it's too late and you left for home, in Photoshop on the Raw import, one of the tabs to the far right has a slider for "haze" IIRC, that if you slide it to the right about to number 15, will do amazing things to help daylight shots look more like you might remember. You might have to compensate some brightness back, but it would allow you to play with some more dramatic effects. You can get carried away and things cans start to look cartoon'ish, but it can be fun to explore the full range of options with a shot.

Eric
12-03-2016, 01:08 PM - 3 Likes   #5568
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for nice words and suggestions about the slider in OS. I use LR for initial processing and only go to PS if there's something LR cannot do. Not sure my versions of either has the haze removal, as I purchased outright rather than going on the rental system, and Adobe withheld some features from the one-payment versions.
I did use an ultra-wide at times, a Sigma 12-24mm (original version) that I found on line new, apparently a camera store leftover. In landscapes, my style is more foreground and less sky, just a personal preference.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
12-03-2016, 01:14 PM   #5569
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for nice words and suggestions about the slider in OS. I use LR for initial processing and only go to PS if there's something LR cannot do. Not sure my versions of either has the haze removal, as I purchased outright rather than going on the rental system, and Adobe withheld some features from the one-payment versions.
I did use an ultra-wide at times, a Sigma 12-24mm (original version) that I found on line new, apparently a camera store leftover. In landscapes, my style is more foreground and less sky, just a personal preference.
Yeah, I don't think dehaze was adding to Photoshop and Lightroom until Creative Butt came along.

Edit: I haven't tested this, but this site talks about a workaround for getting dehaze in LR6.

12-03-2016, 01:36 PM   #5570
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh! Yeah, that first one is the stuff! Very nice. The sigma 12-24 is certainly a candidate for UWA, I missed the exif on those somehow, heh.

Don't change your style! It works! I was just thinking out loud, mostly about what I'd probably love to try if I ever got the chance out there, which might not be everyone's cup-o-tea, so don't take it too seriously.

Great pic's, keep'em coming!
Eric

---------- Post added 12-03-16 at 03:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Yeah, I don't think dehaze was adding to Photoshop and Lightroom until Creative Butt came along.

Edit: I haven't tested this, but this site talks about a workaround for getting dehaze in LR6.

Great bit of info and nice that he offers that plug in free for those with LR6!
Eric
12-03-2016, 04:09 PM   #5571
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Eric !
12-03-2016, 04:19 PM - 4 Likes   #5572
Veteran Member

Hello,

Véronique, Leica-R 50/2 @ 2.8, Iso800, 1/25s.

12-03-2016, 08:38 PM - 4 Likes   #5573
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Because Erictator was interested a bit in the Sigma 12-24, here are three shots taken with it @ 12mm. When angled upward even a little, image convergence becomes pronounced. The first and third shots are HDR which IMHO always does something peculiar with the color. I generally prefer to just pull detail out of the shadows in PP.

ADDED AS AFTERTHOUGHT. At the bottom I've added a second version of image #2 with some of the upward convergence removed.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by WPRESTO; 12-04-2016 at 12:29 PM.
12-03-2016, 08:44 PM - 10 Likes   #5574
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by johnc Quote
Perfect everything, I think beautiful colours and DOF control, I think this is my favourite that I have seen from you, Well done!

John
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Awesome!!!!

Eric
Thank you both!

12-03-2016, 10:11 PM - 9 Likes   #5575
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A couple of portraits I shot today. Doing a bunch this weekend for a project and it has been pretty fun.
K-1 & FA 77

12-04-2016, 01:28 AM - 1 Like   #5576
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
Hello,

I love this photo - the composition is superb, the juxtaposing of the background and foreground subjects looking in different directions, the pose of the main subject and her smile (and all the character in her wonderful face). The black and white processing is superb, too... if I hadn't known better, I'd have sworn this was taken on 35mm film. One of my favourite recent photos
12-04-2016, 01:34 AM - 3 Likes   #5577

An outing at a local miniature Steamers club. Lens used Sigma 18-35mm in cropped mode.

Last edited by Kiwipixter; 12-04-2016 at 01:41 AM.
12-04-2016, 03:09 AM - 3 Likes   #5578
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I love this photo - the composition is superb, the juxtaposing of the background and foreground subjects looking in different directions, the pose of the main subject and her smile (and all the character in her wonderful face). The black and white processing is superb, too... if I hadn't known better, I'd have sworn this was taken on 35mm film. One of my favourite recent photos
Hello Mike,
I actually do not know if your comment is right, but this is the best positive critical response I have ever had! But, you are right on one point, I tried to capture in day-to-day ups and downs, some attitude of common people in common situations... For this event, I decided not to take all my lenses, but just the 50mm as an exercise in style and because this lens is the most similar to eye's viewing.. I didn't know if I would take some photos. The photos of that serie were realised at the family reunion of my aunt's burrial last week.. I just wanted to have some of them from people of my family I haven't seen since my parents' burrial in 2010...

For the little story, Véronique is my cousin. Her father Michel and my mother Monique were brother and sister. My grandfather Henri was born in 1893. He made First World War in the tranchées as a capitan. He was a "war hero" and became the president of veterans of the FWW after "la der des der" ("war to end all wars"). When the Germans invaded France in 1939, he was at that time notary and mayor of Chateau-Thierry. The Germans took his house as the HeadQuarter of officers. My grandfather died in 1942 in an accident... My alsacian grandmother (my great-grandfather didn't want to become german when Alsace was annexed by Germany in 1870, had to leave Alsace and refused to speak alsacian to hese children) died in 1983, my uncle Michel in 1988 and my parents in 2010. Pierre on the photo behind her, Véronique's brother, married a german woman and had three children, all of them speaking perfectly the two languages. Pierre speaks perfectly german, now lives in Strasbourg, Alsace.... Burrials are always sad, aren't they? But it is also a time for getting together with family. I decided to take some photos of my family in the same café where we meet each other whenever one of our parents passes away. Also because it is the last time we meet here since we won't be burried in this town for all of us, survivors. The family vault is full. A historical page has been turned. Thank you for reading.
Best regards and thank you again Mike for your kind words.

Last edited by teiki arii; 12-04-2016 at 03:32 AM.
12-04-2016, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #5579
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
Hello,

This is such a superb series of b&w shots you have posted the last few days, really brilliantly timeless and very human. You have really nailed this style beautifully.

John
12-04-2016, 05:17 AM   #5580
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnc Quote
This is such a superb series of b&w shots you have posted the last few days, really brilliantly timeless and very human. You have really nailed this style beautifully.
Hello John,
I am very very surprised and confused by your nice remarks because I "shot" my family unpretentiously and honestly, just for them to have some photos... Besides, there are a lot of people actually doing nice work in here, by quite in a different way (LeRolls with nice top models in colour, K-Amps which I like the way he puts some rays of light in hese shots, fs999, eaglem, Digitalis, mattb123 and so many people on here..) but that's nice to share with so many different perspectives of photography...
Anyway, thanks to K-1, I try to do the B&W I like even if I miss 35mm Tri-X film rolls with Jules Steinmetz process.. I can't reproduce this kind of rendering with digital process. Nevertheless, I try to do something else which fulfils to my criteria of doing things.. That's not easy to move from EOS 6D to Pentax K-1. EOS 6D is very good but K-1 is something that needs advanced skills that I actually do not have, I am afraid... I keep on trying anyway to improve myself in post-processing...
Thank you.