Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2016, 11:03 AM   #46
Forum Member

hi
is there some reason that i cannot access the 'Vietnam' photos through the provided link?
thank you

03-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #47
Pentaxian

I think they've been removed...
03-15-2016, 03:07 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rbelyell Quote
is there some reason that i cannot access the 'Vietnam' photos through the provided link?
Removed. I suspect they were not supposed to be posted in the first place and Ricoh asked they be removed. Ricoh is being very cautious about allowing images from pre-release firmware to be posted.
03-16-2016, 12:14 PM   #49
Forum Member

oh, ok, thank you.

03-22-2016, 05:00 AM   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It seems to be a halt to posting new pics after some high resolution examples from pre-production K-1s came to surface. And there are a lot of speculations and the usual whining from the usual suspects for the high ISO performance, the IQ of the K-1 sensor and the new DFA kit lens... I find all these very early reactions to a camera that we haven't yet the chance to even hold in our hands!

@Kenspo you are from the lucky ones that you had the chance to shoot some pictures with the new FF. I'm seeing your short but meaningful comments to various threads

Since we have not any new samples (maybe until the production K-1 hits the selves) would you mind to give us some of your very first general impressions... Is there any reason to worry about other than we'll have to pack many batteries when we go out shooting with this new beauty?
03-22-2016, 05:14 AM   #51
Veteran Member

I will come back stronger when i have tested it really good at work with finished version
03-28-2016, 02:38 AM   #52
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some more samples that I found on the web (still pre-production ones):

Check Out 10 Test Images We Shot with the Soon-to-Be Released Pentax K-1 Full Frame DSLR | Shutterbug

03-28-2016, 03:19 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Some more samples that I found on the web (still pre-production ones):

Check Out 10 Test Images We Shot with the Soon-to-Be Released Pentax K-1 Full Frame DSLR | Shutterbug
some of those images have certain non-hardware issues but overall encouraging again - just goes to show (again) how much any mistakes - or even areas in the circle of confusion rather than at primary focus show up with that level of definition
03-28-2016, 04:11 AM   #54
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
areas in the circle of confusion rather than at primary focus show up with that level of definition
That's true! Making really good pictures with the FF might be much more challenging than I thought
03-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #55
Forum Member

Sample Image? PENTAX K-1 | RICOH IMAGING

Not mine but Pentax have posted images up
03-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ukspeedtraps Quote
Sample Image? PENTAX K-1 | RICOH IMAGING

Not mine but Pentax have posted images up
Yes these have been the first samples posted in here

I got to try the K-1 today (also the preproduction model)! What could I say? An impressive and demanding camera with superb ergonomics that gives too many capabilities to the user who knows some things about photography...

I will tell you more when I have time and others impressions too! I'm not allowed to post samples so I will describe what my impressions of the IQ with various lenses are.
03-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
some of those images have certain non-hardware issues but overall encouraging again - just goes to show (again) how much any mistakes - or even areas in the circle of confusion rather than at primary focus show up with that level of definition
the shooter definitely missed the 'stop it down' memo...
03-30-2016, 12:34 AM - 1 Like   #58
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I continue with my first impressions of the new K-1. I won't speak about details and specific performance characteristics, as its not a final product, but yet again you can see many things by holding this camera and the feeling you get from its function... So:

- Great construction and ergonomics, as expected by Pentax. As it has been said the camera feels so robust and yet I found it lighter than expected and with the perfect size (not too big, not inconveniently small). I liked that it balances so well with the DFA 150-450 that was easier to hold and shoot than the K-5IIs.

- The new SR seems to be great improvement in comparison with the previous generations... I could take steady handheld shots at 450mm and speeds as low as 1/60 (and I don't mean one clear frame per ten shot, but consistently).

- AF performance is greater than expected!

- Impressed by the AF speed with the older screw driven lenses. The Tamron 70-200/2.8 was acting like a DC lens!

- I love the shutter sound and noise level!

- IQ is great and if you haven't had any previous experience with super resolution sensors (like me) I think it is impressive.

- As a final general remark, I can say that using the K-1 is a whole new experience. The lenses act and render pictures so differently that it was like using new previously unknown to me lenses. The rendering of the FA 31ltd for example stopped down to f2.8 really blew me away! If you have seen and understand that 3D rendering or the so called "pixie dust" from such classic lenses, prepare for a whole new world with a whole new system!

- There is a "dark side" of this whole new world though! It's not for beginners, I can tell. It requires much more effort (and a longer learning curve I suspect) to get results that you could quite easily get with an APS-C camera (my K-5IIs to be more precise and make it personal-maybe it doesn't apply to everyone). Or to put it in a different way: I could get results from my K-5s without bothering and at the same time feeling confident about them... now I have to check! It sure is a system that requires much attention to the last detail, but the final output is more than you could expect and so rewarding!!!

Surely after last evening test, I'm very excited and I can't wait for my new K-1!
03-30-2016, 01:03 AM   #59
Forum Member

That's sold it to me....
I haven't had a good stills camera for about 10 years since I moved to video. My stills cameras are at the moment, iPhone, Canon G11 and an old Canon 10D so I am expecting a sharp learning curve but to be blown away with the new tech.
03-30-2016, 01:12 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Even though they still are a step or two behind Nikon on AF, i think most people will be surprised to see how much AF has improved compared to K-5, K-3 etc.

Cant wait to add a couple of K-1's to my arsenal