Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2017, 08:24 AM   #7576
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Superb shot WPRESTO and rondoudou87 !

Superb shot and nice to see you back !

You've found your topic Excellent shot !
One less with boring beer shots
Thank you so much, FS!

02-26-2017, 08:38 AM   #7577
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EvilBoris Quote
I've been having some weird stuff happening like you describe, it's usually related to the smart previews and the previews being out of sync.
I think that Grid view comes from previews rather than what is going on in develop
Try deleting the preview and smart preview and rebuilding them,

Also update the DNG preview from the metadata menu, which will inject the current preview into the DNG file.
Thanks mate, this trick did it.

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
A "wash" in Utah which in Spring after a snowy winter would probably be a very dangerous place. I sometimes wait for people to move away so the image looks entirely "natural." Problem: there's nothing to provide scale.
Wonderful!

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Have been too busy to shoot or post for a long time, but am just back from a short respite in the Bahamas and hope to post a few more soon.
Nice shot !

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
What a pity! - Really nice pictures of the master of delicious food and drink photography - thanks!

I fear I have to change topic.

Taekwondo - my son demonstrates twimyeo ap chagi (some write it as tymien ap chagi, jumping front kick)

K-1 - APS-C mode - DA18-135@31mm - ISO 1000 - 1/160s - f/6.3

Tech notes: Sometimes I shoot taekwondo events - fast action. Always TAv, single shot (I never use continous mode), center point autofocus, prefocus and reframe plus quick shift if necessary. I did it with Canon Powershot G10 (!), Pentax K-5 and now K-1. Shooting sports with these cameras is possible. But you need to know the sports motion very well to anticipate the next movements and reactions to trigger at the right millisecond.
thanks for this info, Ill shoot Karaté event next month (K1 and K3), never done any sports myself, only dance events, which is pretty close in term of photography.
02-26-2017, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #7578
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
thanks for this info, Ill shoot Karaté event next month (K1 and K3), never done any sports myself, only dance events, which is pretty close in term of photography.
Because it could be important: I use back button AF to prefocus (added it in my post) - think it results in faster shutter reaction without refocusing when pushing the trigger button. You have a really nice lens setup! Should be better than mine to seperate action from background and keep ISO lower. But also with danger for out of focus action!

If you want / have to use the 70-200 a Monopod could be useful (but I think you'll know this) - good luck, many keepers and have a nice time in photographing your karate event!

Last edited by acoufap; 02-26-2017 at 09:33 AM. Reason: 70-200 hint added
02-26-2017, 09:42 AM   #7579
Pentaxian

Hello,

02-26-2017, 10:13 AM   #7580
Veteran Member

Because it could be important: I use back button AF to prefocus (added it in my post) - think it results in faster shutter reaction without refocusing when pushing the trigger button. You have a really nice lens setup! Should be better than mine to seperate action from background and keep ISO lower. But also with danger for out of focus action!

If you want / have to use the 70-200 a Monopod could be useful (but I think you'll know this) - good luck, many keepers and have a nice time in photographing your karate event!
Thanks for your advice Acoufap. I use Back button as well.
Ill probably shoot only with the Pentax 70-200mm @/f3,5 (for added sharpness) and use my concert photography user preset as a basis, bump the speed to 1/500 and start from there.
02-26-2017, 10:28 AM - 2 Likes   #7581
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
Thanks for your advice Acoufap. I use Back button as well.
Ill probably shoot only with the Pentax 70-200mm @/f3,5 (for added sharpness) and use my concert photography user preset as a basis, bump the speed to 1/500 and start from there.
ok - using the 70-200 you have to have some distance to the karate people and f/3.5 could fit. If you want to show dynamic motion you shouldn't use too fast shutter speed IMO. You need some motion unsharpness to get pictures with tension. Using 1/500 freezes almost every motion. That's not always the best choice. Only my 2 cents.
02-26-2017, 11:21 AM - 4 Likes   #7582
Pentaxian

Amazing shots couple pages back! well done.

Here is couple from my M 135 from yesterday.

02-26-2017, 12:00 PM - 3 Likes   #7583
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
1. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM

2. FF Mode • 800 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW

3. FF Mode • 400 ISO • Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM

4. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Tokina AT-X AF 28-70mm f:2.8 • Walimex Pro Flash 3xVC-400 • Topaz Labs Texture Effects 2

02-26-2017, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #7584
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Originally posted by fs999
Sorry, already copyrighted
What a pity! - Really nice pictures of the master of delicious food and drink photography
Not a problem! If you want some FS pictures, the squirrels have everything he has ever posted on file in their "Community Computer". Just ask and they will give it to you (small fee).....They even have little watermarks indicating which squirrel took the shot.......

Cheating is their favorite pastime. Here is one I caught them posting on my ASUS screen and shooting with my new 85mm Rokinon.....which made it an official K1 shot. First they stole it, then they copied it with my K1 and new lens.... a double cheat...you should have heard them cheering!

They claimed she was naked when she was shot....but I sure don't recall it?
Name:  Shelby- BW.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  75.5 KB

Regards!

---------- Post added 02-26-17 at 01:10 PM ----------

Nice ones FS! Even the soup looks delicious....more my kind of eatin'! Great detail in the birdie shot, very fine! You should give me that lens just for being your pal......you hardly use it anyhow?

4. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Tokina AT-X AF 28-70mm f:2.8 • Walimex Pro Flash 3xVC-400 • Topaz Labs Texture Effects 2
This one really got the squirrels excited! I heard one say..."Oh look!! They've been mud wrestling, wish we had seen it!"

Regards!
02-26-2017, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #7585
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Even the soup looks delicious....
It is risotto, not soup

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
This one really got the squirrels excited! I heard one say..."Oh look!! They've been mud wrestling, wish we had seen it!"
02-26-2017, 03:26 PM - 3 Likes   #7586
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took the new Leitz Hektor 8.5cm f/2.5 projector lens rig into city center for a night trail and some window shopping on the K-1 ... just for fun ... still learning and I have remounted the lens a bit better ... and if I shave a millimeter or two off the rear of the lens tube, I should easily have infinity with the Helios 44-2 lens body. (xpost)

02-26-2017, 04:09 PM   #7587
Veteran Member

It is risotto, not soup
I hate to disagree FS, but even squirrels know that is just ordinary alphabet vegetable soup with all the letters missing except the "O's". It's not fancy cooking as you are trying to pass off, it is just plain old alphabet veggie soup! How long did it a take you to sort out the "O's"?

Regards!
02-26-2017, 04:27 PM - 5 Likes   #7588
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Terrible lighting conditions, but here is a photo of a trio of musicians playing 'Rake & Scrape' music at a small restaurant, Cat Island, the Bahamas.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-26-2017, 04:52 PM   #7589
Veteran Member

Haven't seen you in a while? I like that shot,has "mood" to it! So how was the music?

I miss the old days in the K5IIs thread.....I'm thinking of finding another K5IIs, it was such a great camera!

Regards!
02-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #7590
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Terrible lighting conditions, but here is a photo of a trio of musicians playing 'Rake & Scrape' music at a small restaurant, Cat Island, the Bahamas.
I can hear the music.