Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2017, 08:59 PM - 1 Like   #10336
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 668
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Sparks Fly

This is striking. I really like a couple of the more tight, intimate portrait shots you've posted lately. The style suits you.

Brandon

07-06-2017, 03:13 AM - 17 Likes   #10337
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
First time i post pictures on the forum.
Here are some recents.

1. 1100 ISO - Pentax DA* 300mm F4


2. 400iso - Irix 15mm f2.4


3. 200so - PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited


4. 100iso - PENTAX-FA* 24mm F2 AL[IF]
07-06-2017, 03:32 AM   #10338
Loyal Site Supporter
redpit's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Athens
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 674
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Loktard Quote
First time i post pictures on the forum.
Here are some recents.

1. 1100 ISO - Pentax DA* 300mm F4


2. 400iso - Irix 15mm f2.4


3. 200so - PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited


4. 100iso - PENTAX-FA* 24mm F2 AL[IF]
Welcome! Great start!
07-06-2017, 05:52 AM   #10339
Site Supporter
kjphilippona's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Wrong Side of Heaven
Photos: Albums
Posts: 809
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Sounds like insufficient light to enable the auto focus. Did you try any manual focus? What ISO were you using to get excessive noise?

Extreme conditions often demand user over ride of the auto functions.
You are correct, the last time many years ago I visited the caverns, flash was not allowed. I tried stopping the lens down to f2.0 or f2.4 to get some dof and keep my shutter speed over single digits, iso was 6800 or 12800. I did not try manual focusing, my old eyes, bad light and cramped conditions made this to difficult for me

07-06-2017, 06:34 AM - 15 Likes   #10340
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 855
The sun finally poked out for a bit this weekend... spotted this fella enjoying the golden orb and trying to blend in...got a few more pics to process, but back to work for now.

CamoBFly
Pentax K-1 smc PENTAX-DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM /6.3 300.0 mm 1/500 iso250
07-06-2017, 08:39 AM - 6 Likes   #10341
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,911
Cross posted from post your photos.
The weather didn't allow for a lot of paddling but our last night provided an opportunity.

K-1 and either the DFA 28-105 ( a few) or DA*60-250 (most of the images).

Tripper came along for the ride.




A bit of company on the lake.


The Channel into Shall Lake.


Along the shoreline.


Island in the mist.


Our campsite.


Sunset over the gap.
07-06-2017, 10:15 AM - 5 Likes   #10342
Site Supporter
Patriot's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Holy Land
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 718
The Badlands, Hanksville, Utah
D FA 24-70mm F2.8

07-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #10343
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,237
QuoteOriginally posted by Loktard Quote
1. 1100 ISO - Pentax DA* 300mm F4
Great, I like the first photo very much. Thanks for sharing.

07-06-2017, 10:51 AM - 3 Likes   #10344
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,636
Nice shots Loktard !

Superb butterfly Eric !

1. FF Mode • 200 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM


2. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 SDM
Bullfinch


3. FF Mode • 800 ISO • Tokina AT-X AF 28-70mm f:2.8
07-06-2017, 10:54 AM - 14 Likes   #10345
Pentaxian
mattb123's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado High Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,411
I did a little fun shoot last night with a friend's son who is quite the scooter rider.

K-1 & 15-30






07-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #10346
Loyal Site Supporter
AZGMDale's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Yuma, AZ.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 69
QuoteOriginally posted by Loktard Quote
First time i post pictures on the forum.
Here are some recents.

1. 1100 ISO - Pentax DA* 300mm F4


2. 400iso - Irix 15mm f2.4


3. 200so - PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited


4. 100iso - PENTAX-FA* 24mm F2 AL[IF]
Welcome! And well done on the photos.
07-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #10347
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 303
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I did a little fun shoot last night with a friend's son who is quite the scooter rider.

K-1 & 15-30






Hi Matt, excellent pics!

I was wondering if you would be able to tell us (or rather me) a little more about these shots, what modes you chose in the camera etc. I can see the flash fired on most of them, were you shooting Manual mode, what kinda focus mode etc. The reason I ask is I haven't yet fully managed to operate the K-1 very well from a 'action' perspective yet, and there is a skate park near where I live and was thinking of venturing out and being that 'creppy auld guy' shooting kids skating etc lol. (jks).
07-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #10348
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,230
QuoteOriginally posted by kjphilippona Quote
You are correct, the last time many years ago I visited the caverns, flash was not allowed. I tried stopping the lens down to f2.0 or f2.4 to get some dof and keep my shutter speed over single digits, iso was 6800 or 12800. I did not try manual focusing, my old eyes, bad light and cramped conditions made this to difficult for me
In extreme conditions like that I often focus using distance scale on the lens. Chimping gives a chance of correction in real time unlike with film.
07-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #10349
Pentaxian
mattb123's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado High Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,411
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Hi Matt, excellent pics!

I was wondering if you would be able to tell us (or rather me) a little more about these shots, what modes you chose in the camera etc. I can see the flash fired on most of them, were you shooting Manual mode, what kinda focus mode etc. The reason I ask is I haven't yet fully managed to operate the K-1 very well from a 'action' perspective yet, and there is a skate park near where I live and was thinking of venturing out and being that 'creppy auld guy' shooting kids skating etc lol. (jks).
Thanks! I had the Metz 58 AF-2 mounted and in P-TTL/HSS mode so I could use fast shutter speeds. Focus was AF-C with a selectable focus zone (9 points IIRC). I'd pre-focus on something about the same distance as I expected the rider to be before each shot. Since I was using a flash, only one or two shots were possible with each pass. The ones without flash would have been while the flash recharged from the previous one.
I shot in manual at first but the light was changing faster than I was keeping up so I switched to Av mode and set ISO manually to ensure high enough shutter speeds. Since we were there to shoot I could have him repeat stuff to get it right.
07-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #10350
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 303
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Thanks! I had the Metz 58 AF-2 mounted and in P-TTL/HSS mode so I could use fast shutter speeds. Focus was AF-C with a selectable focus zone (9 points IIRC). I'd pre-focus on something about the same distance as I expected the rider to be before each shot. Since I was using a flash, only one or two shots were possible with each pass. The ones without flash would have been while the flash recharged from the previous one.
I shot in manual at first but the light was changing faster than I was keeping up so I switched to Av mode and set ISO manually to ensure high enough shutter speeds. Since we were there to shoot I could have him repeat stuff to get it right.
That's great to know, cheers Matt. I wondered if you used 'catch-in-focus' or some other mode (I think that's the one where it fires only when the object or person comes into focus etc). Good info, cheers once again.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, copy, crop, da* 200mm f2.8, dslr, f2.8, focus, friend, full frame, full-frame, images, k-1, k1, pentax, pentax k-1, pics, pm, post, post your k-1, review, sample, shots, squirrel, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your K5IIs pictures here... SECELEE Pentax K-5 2 02-21-2015 09:30 PM
Post pictures made with your worst lens! LensBeginner Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 26 11-07-2014 02:23 PM
There should be a post your K-30 pictures thread memo90061 Pentax K-30 & K-50 3 10-30-2012 02:06 AM
Thematic Post your winter pictures ohce Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 10 03-22-2012 06:17 PM
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top