Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150666 Likes Search this Thread
10-05-2017, 07:36 AM - 4 Likes   #12106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
One last comment on gratitude: @Eric, since day one of my posting on this thread you have posted positive remarks of appreciation & encouragement. So to you I say special thanks. When I took time to reflect on your question regarding any changes in your photos you said sorry to put me to so much work. Well mister I mean to tell you that you are most worthy of my time. You are an intelligent & talented individual who has displayed consideration and respect for others. Those are rare qualities these days in the general public. So I end this post with telling you again Eric that I am grateful for your support of this old photo nut.
Best Regards, Bob
It's kinda humbling to me when someone takes the time to call you out by name, thanks for that Bob .

When I have the time, I make the effort, especially when I saw a newbie (new to the forum that is) like you were. I wish I had more free time, but I'm still trying to make enough dough to retire some day (if I'm lucky), and that takes a lot of the wind out of my sails lately.

I can't really take much credit as I am just paying it forward, since I too was treated with kindness and encouraged by the forum stalwarts that preceded me when I was hesitant to post and felt my work wasn't up to scratch. It can be intimidating when you see the amazing stuff posted here. Trust me, I have lurked in the other brand forums on the internet, and they have nothing special on us quality wise, BUT especially on a social level. That is what makes PF one of the best forums I've seen. It's the people, and the environment that Adam engenders with the way he runs this place.

If I name names I just know I am leaving people out... that is not intentional, more like brain fart... but near the top of that list of people were similar to your list, my friends Frederic (who still won't give up that Soligor... I don't see him using it lately, but it's not listed on the classified yet either, harrumph!), Rupert (despite his darn squirrels, LOL! I think he might be a werewolf, he really hates the moon!) DimC, pschlute, WPresto, Vincent, LeRolls (who causes me to go to confession, a lot, for impure thoughts), Teiki who's B&W and prime work always inspires, Java, Redpit, and so so many more... and of course there is you Bob, who is rapidly becoming one of those forum stalwarts who we look forward to hearing from.
Thanks again for the kind words,
Eric

Last edited by Erictator; 10-05-2017 at 07:43 AM.
10-05-2017, 08:41 AM - 1 Like   #12107
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
It's kinda humbling to me when someone takes the time to call you out by name, thanks for that Bob .

When I have the time, I make the effort, especially when I saw a newbie (new to the forum that is) like you were. I wish I had more free time, but I'm still trying to make enough dough to retire some day (if I'm lucky), and that takes a lot of the wind out of my sails lately.

I can't really take much credit as I am just paying it forward, since I too was treated with kindness and encouraged by the forum stalwarts that preceded me when I was hesitant to post and felt my work wasn't up to scratch. It can be intimidating when you see the amazing stuff posted here. Trust me, I have lurked in the other brand forums on the internet, and they have nothing special on us quality wise, BUT especially on a social level. That is what makes PF one of the best forums I've seen. It's the people, and the environment that Adam engenders with the way he runs this place.

If I name names I just know I am leaving people out... that is not intentional, more like brain fart... but near the top of that list of people were similar to your list, my friends Frederic (who still won't give up that Soligor... I don't see him using it lately, but it's not listed on the classified yet either, harrumph!), Rupert (despite his darn squirrels, LOL! I think he might be a werewolf, he really hates the moon!) DimC, pschlute, WPresto, Vincent, LeRolls (who causes me to go to confession, a lot, for impure thoughts), Teiki who's B&W and prime work always inspires, Java, Redpit, and so so many more... and of course there is you Bob, who is rapidly becoming one of those forum stalwarts who we look forward to hearing from.
Eric
Eric thank you for your words, which along with those from the other members in here highlight exactly what you excellently described. The high quality of the PF members and this healthy and friendly environment that is evident even to those that simply visit the Pentax Forums for the first time. That was what kept me in here in the first place too! There are tons of useful information for Pentaxians in here, and tons of superb quality pictures from so many members. But what makes PF so special is the high level of its people.
10-05-2017, 09:02 AM - 1 Like   #12108
Veteran Member

Hello,

Titouan, Cap Béar, K-1 & Leica-R 28/2.8(II)
10-05-2017, 09:58 AM - 8 Likes   #12109
Pentaxian

Just a few from around the yard...

K-1 and Sigma 70-300 macro...
ISO 100 ƒ5.6-ƒ8

I often avoid using this lens, but, the appeal of 300mm macro is sometimes just overwhelming. You have to grab it and take it out for a spin.

10-05-2017, 10:55 AM - 4 Likes   #12110
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Superb vulture shots Bob ! They must think : "The trees are really weird this year !"

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote

Eric
Well said Eric ! And no, as Rupert, you can't have my Soligor

It's a crop day today

1. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM • Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with Ray-Flash Universal L ring adapter

2. Crop Mode • 400 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

3. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Tokina AT-X AF 28-70mm f:2.8
10-05-2017, 11:09 AM - 10 Likes   #12111
Forum Member

So I finally got some lens in today. Here is one with the Irix 15mm, what a find. Can't believe how sharp it is! The image was shot much wider, and I cropped to a 16x9 for this view. The K1 is one superb camera as well. I am now shooting in the Tav mode and really works well for me.
Having shot Nikon-Leica these past 15 years this has been a real eye-opener for me, I think I just became a fanboy of Pentax
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
10-05-2017, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #12112
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StanT Quote
So I finally got some lens in today. Here is one with the Irix 15mm, what a find. Can't believe how sharp it is! The image was shot much wider, and I cropped to a 16x9 for this view. The K1 is one superb camera as well. I am now shooting in the Tav mode and really works well for me.
Having shot Nikon-Leica these past 15 years this has been a real eye-opener for me, I think I just became a fanboy of Pentax
Superb shot! This landscape is so real! Welcome to Pentax!

10-05-2017, 01:03 PM   #12113
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ditto ! Superb shot Stan !
10-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #12114
Forum Member

Thank You

Thanks for the advice, I am glad I took the plunge in-spite of all the bad press for this lens. A real find, thanks again.
10-05-2017, 01:46 PM - 8 Likes   #12115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Walsham Gates

A lovely sunny Autumn evening here in Surrey. Just right for a stroll along the River Wey.

K1 + D-FA 24-70
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
10-05-2017, 02:44 PM - 7 Likes   #12116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K28/3.5 Fast becoming a favourite, at Hurst Point (X-posted)

10-05-2017, 03:24 PM - 6 Likes   #12117
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad to the Bone.
10-05-2017, 07:47 PM - 5 Likes   #12118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bejewelled Multitoned Rose.

10-05-2017, 09:01 PM - 3 Likes   #12119
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Eric, you gave me my first good laugh for the night..." Rupert might be a werewolf ", and thank you for the kind words.
Frederic, you gave me my second good laugh..." the trees are really weird this year ", I hope that last photo is not your house.
normhead, some simple photos make a brief statement in a low voice, yours yell " look at me ", and indeed I do.
StanT, with your first photos posted on this thread I knew this was not your first rodeo, just a new & different pony. That last photo is certainly sharp & brilliant and well done.
pschlute, beautiful shot along the River Way, nice composition.
stubles, very nice B&W Stuart, perfect sky to compliment.
BruceBanner, totally awesome " Bad to the Bone "
Best Regards, Bob
10-05-2017, 09:19 PM - 3 Likes   #12120
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hornbill & Tree (sounds almost like a firm of chartered public accountants).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by jva59; 10-07-2017 at 09:21 AM.