QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I like DFA28-105 more
Beautiful pic indeed!

04-05-2016, 10:12 AM   #92
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
The K-1 is a "big boy" camera and I suspect will require a skill set to match to get the best out of it.
Yep, and this concerns me a lot. I have the K1 on order, and only because my K5IIs was in an accident and Mrs Rupert insisted I go for the K1. It sounded good, but after looking over the manual, I am overwhelmed. Maybe after a little while I will adjust, I sure hope so. I am mainly interested in the new SR and the pixel shift......but there is so much more to master.
Not being the best of shooters already, I do not like the idea I may get worse?

Regards!
04-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #93
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yep, and this concerns me a lot. I have the K1 on order, and only because my K5IIs was in an accident and Mrs Rupert insisted I go for the K1. It sounded good, but after looking over the manual, I am overwhelmed. Maybe after a little while I will adjust, I sure hope so. I am mainly interested in the new SR and the pixel shift......but there is so much more to master.
Not being the best of shooters already, I do not like the idea I may get worse?

Regards!
haha Rupert you are surely well into the right side of the Gauss distribution equation, so I'm sure that (as I wrote on my first impressions of the camera) the K-1 will help you, me and those willing to learn more to further improve our photographic skills.

I think my step of moving to the K-1 as a demanding but challenging step. Somehow (althoung on a different scale) like my upgrade from the Bigma to the DFA 150-450. The DFA is far more demanding but far more rewarding at the same time... I have come to the conclusion that I prefer some perfect shots to many very good ones (maybe because I'm getting older and I already have many images, now I search for the extra something that makes a difference). I'm very optimistic about the K-1 and its potential!
04-05-2016, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #94
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
I'm very optimistic about the K-1 and its potential!
I'm trying my best to get my mind in order, but I'm afraid that new lenses will be a first requirement. Mrs Rupert is sure the K1 will make me a Pro .......but I will have to convince her that the lenses make a Pro.....after that, I think I will just be in deep trouble!

Regards!

04-06-2016, 12:32 AM   #95
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I have acts like Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden etc ready for the K-1 So will be nice..I think Wolfmother will be my first job with the K-1 with 15-30, 24-70 and 70-200.
*_* this sounds like a suitable line-up for the first Pentax FF DSLR! I´m really looking forward to those photos!

PS: If you feel ill before one of those shows, call me any time I will be there to jump in the pit
04-06-2016, 12:39 AM - 1 Like   #96
Veteran Member

Hehe..as long as i can stand on my feet, i won't miss these
04-06-2016, 01:12 AM   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LilithBaerchen Quote
I have acts like Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden etc ready for the K-1
A geriatric rock reunion?

04-06-2016, 01:18 AM   #98
Veteran Member

Something like that. Not all of us do flowers and birds
04-06-2016, 06:04 AM - 2 Likes   #99

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Something like that. Not all of us do flowers and birds

...I say...Why not both ?

04-06-2016, 08:32 AM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
two stunning new pictures on the japanese product site:

?? / PENTAX K-1 / ??????? / ?? | RICOH IMAGING
04-06-2016, 08:42 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arne Bo Quote
that girl with the flowers round her misses focus on the eyes by a fraction (not the first sample like that) - the sensor seems very unforgiving, and there's no way you could spot that through the viewfinder - maybe not even on in live view - going to have to be really careful technique-wise, and maybe not shoot so wide-open all the time
04-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #102
Veteran Member

her thumb is perfectly in focus. no need to shoot open wide with this shallow dof... wow. I am not sure if the tip of her nose is also perfectly in focus. but there is no way anyone can notice that except pixel peeping. Don't think you would notice that if you print it.
04-06-2016, 10:29 AM   #103
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arne Bo Quote

?? / PENTAX K-1 / ??????? / ?? | RICOH IMAGING
Those pics are amazing
04-06-2016, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
her thumb is perfectly in focus. no need to shoot open wide with this shallow dof... wow. I am not sure if the tip of her nose is also perfectly in focus. but there is no way anyone can notice that except pixel peeping. Don't think you would notice that if you print it.
i dont mind peeping again to see what you mean...

just slightly sharpened

Last edited by todd; 04-06-2016 at 10:52 AM.
04-06-2016, 10:57 AM   #105
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
that girl with the flowers round her misses focus on the eyes by a fraction (not the first sample like that) - the sensor seems very unforgiving, and there's no way you could spot that through the viewfinder - maybe not even on in live view - going to have to be really careful technique-wise, and maybe not shoot so wide-open all the time
Isn't this the famous "one eye in focus" FF look? I mean, it's precisely the reason why we want a FF camera, right?