Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150733 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2016, 11:07 AM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Isn't this the famous "one eye in focus" FF look? I mean, it's precisely the reason why we want a FF camera, right?
yeah, if we're talking one eye in focus like this guy does it... (Only gonna happen in my dreams...)

04-06-2016, 11:14 AM   #107
Veteran Member

wow, amazing shots... in a few days we make the same awesome shot, if only the K-1 would arrive
04-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arne Bo Quote
two stunning new pictures on the japanese product site:
My 2c worth of technical critique...

The colour temperature of the first image ('Sample Image 1', using the FA31) seems a bit off - a tad too golden. Using just 1/25 has also perhaps allowed some camera or subject motion blur, which reveals itself in the image a tiny bit.

The second set the portraits ('Sample Image 2 (Skin Tone)', using the 24-70) are great. Better lit, more accurate colour temperature (especially the 'Skin Tone:Type 1' image), more vibrant, and they seem sharper overall too.
04-07-2016, 08:44 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In for when this thread picks up with more photographs!

04-14-2016, 04:25 AM - 1 Like   #110
Forum Member

Not mine. K1 + 77 ltd.

2 full Raw files
http://www.docma.info/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/04/Archiv.zip
04-14-2016, 05:30 AM   #111
Pentaxian

You'd think by this time they'd be out of the pre-production phase. With the bodies in the shipping containers they only have another two weeks to get out version 1.1. I assume that version will be ready for pre-orders to download, when the cameras ship. They are going down to the wire. But as I recall it was the same with the K-3. Bring the camera home, download and install the software for it. It came withVersion .9 or something.
04-14-2016, 05:36 AM   #112
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yep, and this concerns me a lot. I have the K1 on order, and only because my K5IIs was in an accident and Mrs Rupert insisted I go for the K1. It sounded good, but after looking over the manual, I am overwhelmed. Maybe after a little while I will adjust, I sure hope so. I am mainly interested in the new SR and the pixel shift......but there is so much more to master.
Not being the best of shooters already, I do not like the idea I may get worse?

Regards!
Better start reading that 140 page user manual! Actually, I've just read it and it seems remarkably like the K-5 - with some nice extras added!

04-14-2016, 05:58 AM   #113
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Actually, I've just read it and it seems remarkably like the K-5 - with some nice extras added!
I'd love to tell you I'll be reading it, but I know better.....I'll peck around in it and find the interesting parts and skip the rest. Not smart, not good, but it's the honest truth.
If it is like the K5 series, I won't have much problem. Although I only use a fraction of the K5 options, I am very familiar with the ones I do use.

Of course, you just made a new friend out of an old friend.....I'll be looking you up when I have questions!

Regards!
04-14-2016, 06:28 AM   #114
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'd love to tell you I'll be reading it, but I know better.....I'll peck around in it and find the interesting parts and skip the rest. Not smart, not good, but it's the honest truth.
If it is like the K5 series, I won't have much problem. Although I only use a fraction of the K5 options, I am very familiar with the ones I do use.

Of course, you just made a new friend out of an old friend.....I'll be looking you up when I have questions!

Regards!
I do one on one lessons too. Just send me the plane ticket and I'll be there!
04-14-2016, 06:36 AM   #115
Pentaxian

As long as AV mode makes it work like a K1000 where it does the exposure without me having to turn dials, I'm happy.
04-14-2016, 06:46 AM   #116
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
They let me take my card home to play with the files a bit under the condition that I won't share any images, as Pentax have asked them to do. Anyway it doesn't really matter. This site will be full of K-1 pictures soon enough and believe me they will be awesome! And as you saw I only commented on the great IQ of the camera and nothing more. It doesn't make any sense to comment on ISO performance, colour rendition etc when the firmware is just for test-exhibition models only.

PS: The Tamron 70-200/2.8 performance on the K-1 really impressed me and not just the IQ which is great and we know it, but the K-1 hardware and AF performance upgrade this lens. As I told you, all lenses tested perform differently on the new camera and it is a whole new experience! The DFA 150-450 bokeh we discuss elsewhere on PF is so smoother on the K-1 that it feels as different lens too... I can't wait for the K-1 Laboratory on the official website to open and see how every lens performs!
If this is with the old version, imagine what it's like with the version not made for Pentax.
04-14-2016, 06:57 AM   #117
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I do one on one lessons too. Just send me the plane ticket and I'll be there!
I think we can work through the PM system here. I won't take more that a few hours a day of your time....

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
As long as AV mode makes it work like a K1000 where it does the exposure without me having to turn dials, I'm happy.
For about a month I've been shooting M mode with my broken K5IIs and without any aperture control. I can control speed and ISO and other functions but not the aperture. So any aperture control is going to be heaven to me! It's gonna be a happy day here Norm! Turning Pro and gaining aperture control on the same day will be like Christmas!

Regards!
04-14-2016, 09:47 PM - 1 Like   #118
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some more pictures have been added in the "lab" session of the K-1 website:

PENTAX K-1 Laboratory | PENTAX K-1 Special site | RICOH IMAGING

:-)
04-14-2016, 10:13 PM   #119
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery

PENTAX K-1 Laboratory | PENTAX K-1 Special site | RICOH IMAGING

:-)
Thanks for sharing! I love those photos with DA lenses, and sushimi :-)
04-15-2016, 01:37 AM   #120
Veteran Member

DA 55-300 working nicely enough in FF mode. Good to see.