Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150762 Likes Search this Thread
07-23-2016, 08:11 AM - 1 Like   #2671
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Love those FS!In particular the little love birdies.......too bad those are in Crop Mode where none of the "FF elites" here will view them. The last one was in FF....superb....maybe they will view it?
Thanks again for the numbering.....it keeps me from getting all confused!

Just a little fun JV....like old times over in the K5IIs thread. Not many fun lovers here in this thread, they are all deadly serious FF Pros and have little interest in anything other than "dragging and dropping" their "terrific masterpieces".
...but, glad you got a smile, some of us do need a little fun and a smile once in a while!

If life is all about dragging and dropping a photo in a thread someplace, it can't be much of a life...can it?

Best Regards!
Most of my life is actually composed of stuff outside of the forums. I have four kids between 15 months and 9 and a half and between them and work, I don't have a bunch of time to sit on threads. Posting a couple of photos in the morning before my family arises is about the sum total of it. I try to help out here and there and I do enjoy photography -- its a lot of fun for me -- but I hope it doesn't discourage others if I just hit like on a photo or two before going off to doing the "really important" parts of my life.

07-23-2016, 08:15 AM - 1 Like   #2672
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I think I agree as well.

FA 85

HE'S BACK! Rollie, you diamond!
07-23-2016, 10:05 AM   #2673
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Here are a couple of pixel shifted images with the DFA 15-30 (full size on flickr)

Gazebo at Sunrise.

Sunrise on Salt Fork Lake.

Ravishing shots, Rondec!
07-23-2016, 10:07 AM   #2674
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Most of my life is actually composed of stuff outside of the forums. I have four kids between 15 months and 9 and a half and between them and work, I don't have a bunch of time to sit on threads. Posting a couple of photos in the morning before my family arises is about the sum total of it. I try to help out here and there and I do enjoy photography -- its a lot of fun for me -- but I hope it doesn't discourage others if I just hit like on a photo or two before going off to doing the "really important" parts of my life.
I understand your business...and doubt there is a single soul here that cannot legitimately claim to be far too busy to interact when they "drag & drop". I could spend an hour typing about my busy schedule......but am too busy to do it......know what I mean?

My view is that if a person wants to participate they need to at least contribute a few words about the posts of others. No one posts in a vacuum. People want to know that their work has some value...whether or not it does, they want to know they are not alone and not shooting in vain.
It used to be called "common courtesy" but nowadays seems to be a lost virtue on many threads here...and across the internet.

I can best describe my personal feelings...and did....here, in the header of this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/301157-ugly-posters-...post-here.html

If I am offensive in my post, then I am offensive to the Ugly Posters that are too important to give any thought or precious moments of their time to others.

Hitting the "Like" button is easy and although I too do it, it is a cop-out to replace posting a few words posted in a thread on the work of others.

If a person has no time for others, but enough time to post their own work and run...the Ugly Poster Thread is open for their use and I highly recommend it...in fact use it fairly often myself.

Further......Rondec, this post was in no way directed solely at you or your comments. I consider you one of the "good guys" here at PF and a valuable contributor. It was just an opportunity for me to post my views on what I think could make us all better members, myself included. None of us are perfect in this regard, but all of us can be better if we try a little harder.

Best Regards!

07-23-2016, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #2675
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots Rondec and kenspo !

Thank you Rupert !

...but, glad you got a smile, some of us do need a little fun and a smile once in a while!
It must stay fun for us

1. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

2. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

3. FF Mode • 1600 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW

4. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 fisheye • Haida Slim PRO II MC ND3.6
07-23-2016, 10:53 AM   #2676
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
It must stay fun for us
...and for us it no doubt will stay fun! After all, any monkey can drag & drop a few pictures without comment....heck, even a half-wit squirrel can be easily trained to do that!

#3 stole the show on that set FS......little squirrels are lined up outside my office windows admiring a FF shot of one of their handsome cousins...and sending you their gratitude for shooting and posting!

You know this guy....he was too lazy to come take a peek at your wonderful shots.....

Regards!
07-23-2016, 10:58 AM   #2677
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

#3 stole the show on that set FS......little squirrels are lined up outside my office windows admiring a FF shot of one of their handsome cousins...and sending you their gratitude for shooting and posting!
Thank you Rupert and the band !

ou know this guy....he was too lazy to come take a peek at your wonderful shots.....
Naughty boy !

07-23-2016, 11:18 AM   #2678
SRD

http://500px.com/photo/153358279

One of my first photos with K-1
07-23-2016, 12:01 PM   #2679
Pentaxian

I understand your business...and doubt there is a single soul here that cannot legitimately claim to be far too busy to interact when they "drag & drop". I could spend an hour typing about my busy schedule......but am too busy to do it......know what I mean?

My view is that if a person wants to participate they need to at least contribute a few words about the posts of others. No one posts in a vacuum. People want to know that their work has some value.

Further......Rondec, this post was in no way directed solely at you or your comments. I consider you one of the "good guys" here at PF and a valuable contributor. It was just an opportunity for me to post my views on what I think could make us all better members, myself included. None of us are perfect in this regard, but all of us can be better if we try a little harder.

Best Regards!
Well I seem to be part of this obiously , sorry if I'm part of making you feel bad. I do not have any of that kind purpose on my posting. I'v looked throught every picture on this thread, and enjoyed it. As I like more pictures than talk, Ilike to just post a picture and push that 'like'-button if something was making good vibes on top of good picture. There are lot of great shots from you FS999, Rondec, pinholecam, kengoh...sorry if I forgot someone...

All in all it is not a big effort to talk of photos and give some credit on them. I agree.

But for me photos themselves are interesting. May it be that I'll try to be more social from now on. Take care and have good time taking pictures!
07-23-2016, 12:13 PM   #2680
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Well I seem to be part of this obiously , sorry if I'm part of making you feel bad. I do not have any of that kind purpose on my posting. I'v looked throught every picture on this thread, and enjoyed it. As I like more pictures than talk, Ilike to just post a picture and push that 'like'-button if something was making good vibes on top of good picture. There are lot of great shots from you FS999, Rondec, pinholecam, kengoh...sorry if I forgot someone...

All in all it is not a big effort to talk of photos and give some credit on them. I agree.

But for me photos themselves are interesting. May it be that I'll try to be more social from now on. Take care and have good time taking pictures!
That is a sensible post and I appreciate your honesty and attitude. You are right, we do all enjoy the pictures here, they are wonderful!...and you are also so right to say "All in all it is not a big effort to talk of photos and give some credit on them."

None of us are perfect or even near perfect in this area, but we can do better and should. No one posts in a vacuum, and everyone appreciates some feedback on their efforts, good or bad. I don't know of a single poster that does not like to receive some notice of their efforts....do you?

That is all I am saying.....we can do better and we should.

Best Regards!
07-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #2681
Pentaxian

That is a sensible post and I appreciate your honesty and attitude. You are right, we do all enjoy the pictures here, they are wonderful!...and you are also so right to say "All in all it is not a big effort to talk of photos and give some credit on them."

None of us are perfect or even near perfect in this area, but we can do better and should. No one posts in a vacuum, and everyone appreciates some feedback on their efforts, good or bad. I don't know of a single poster that does not like to receive some notice of their efforts....do you?

That is all I am saying.....we can do better and we should.

Best Regards!
We will atleast try
07-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #2682
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
We will atleast try
We can all try a little to make everyone's efforts more appreciated. That's not so hard, and yours are most appreciated, many thanks!

Best Regards!
07-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #2683
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This has been a great thread, and I have loved looking at every single picture here, as well as commenting on a few. Maybe I should do more commenting!

One of the funny things about the forum system here is that while it is easy to see how many likes you have received, you can't see who has given the likes, apart from the last 7 (unless I am missing something??). So I think it is very easy to totally miss out on noticing who has liked, as well as some very kind comments that come with the likes

Definitely good to post in the thread if we spot something we love, if we have time! But of course, I also know that visiting this place has to fit around other jobs for pretty much all of us.

Have a great weekend, hope you'll all be back to share some more great shots soon. Can't wait to see.

John
07-23-2016, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #2684
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnc Quote
Definitely good to post in the thread if we spot something we love, if we have time! But of course, I also know that visiting this place has to fit around other jobs for pretty much all of us.
Yes. we are all busy but if we have time to post we have time to reply every so often.....as you already do. It will make this a much better thread if we can show a little appreciation to others for their efforts here.

Wonderful pictures in this thread...no doubt about it! Some very fine and serious shooters...and even the "rest of us" post some interesting stuff once in a while!

I'm gonna try harder to show my appreciation....hope more will join me. I know I can count on FS & JVA....they are here from the K5IIs thread and are a couple of the "Good Guys" of Pentax Forums!

---------- Post added 07-23-16 at 03:26 PM ----------

Thank you Rupert and the band !
Naughty boy !
You're welcome FS! Always enjoy your work! That naughty boy came alive when the beer truck arrived that day!

Just as this youngster did when he learned the beer truck had a flat tire and would be an hour late....

Shot in Crop Mode and then cropped again in processing.....These are Jpegs....who says the K1 Jpegs are not plenty good???

Waiting for the beer truck to arrive...

"Whatcha mean they had a flat tire and will be an hour late?"

Regards!
07-23-2016, 01:32 PM - 8 Likes   #2685
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few with the DA 560