Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150762 Likes Search this Thread
08-11-2016, 07:55 AM - 9 Likes   #3151

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Harris's Hawk taken with K-1 and SMC A 400mm f/5.6 handheld.

ISO-1600, 1/500, f/7.1

Last edited by cleaverx; 08-11-2016 at 07:32 PM.
08-11-2016, 07:58 AM - 4 Likes   #3152
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Thank you, gda13! The Samyang is really good, if you don't mind manual focus. It is super sharp even wide open.

Love those shots of yours, too! The dragonfly shot is fantastic! Well done!
Thank you and no, I don't mind manual at all...the sammy is on my list!

QuoteOriginally posted by tomO2013 Quote
From a recent shoot
Such striking hair color and its gorgeously highlighted!

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Voigtlander Color Skopar 20/3.5 arived today. Not the best 20mm on the planet.... but light and small.
You are perhaps only the second Pentax shooter I've seen with images from this lens. After some consideration I think 20mm would suit me best for my widest prime. I was originally going to go with a 14mm samyang but decided against it and I also wish my *24mm was a bit wider. The relatively small size and excellent IQ makes the voight rather appealing...decisions, decisions.

The beginnings of working through images taken on a two week road trip around the Pacific NW region in the early part of July. I really got to play around with the K-1 during this time on an almost daily basis...I absolutely love it!

Squamish area of BC with the DA*55mm

Edge of the mountain

Last edited by gda13; 08-12-2016 at 08:53 PM.
08-11-2016, 08:32 AM   #3153
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gda13 Quote
You are perhaps only the second Pentax shooter I've seen with images from this lens. After some consideration I think 20mm would suit me best for my widest prime. I was originally going to go with a 14mm samyang but decided against it and I also wish my *24mm was a bit wider. The relatively small size and excellent IQ makes the voight rather appealing...decisions, decisions.
Before you buy the 20mm Voigtlander, you must find one. Plenty available in Canikon mount, but the 20mm in K-mount is possibly even more rare than the 125mm Macro. Been watching for one for months - nothing.
08-11-2016, 08:45 AM   #3154

QuoteOriginally posted by gda13 Quote
Thank you and no, I don't mind manual at all...the sammy is on my list!

Such striking hair color and its gorgeously highlighted!

The beginnings of the long arduous process of working through images taken on a two week road trip around the Pacific NW region in the early part of July. I really got to play around with the K-1 during this time on an almost daily basis...I absolutely love it!

Squamish area of BC with the DA*55mm

Edge of the mountain
Thanks and you're black and white is abolutely gorgeous too

08-11-2016, 08:50 AM   #3155
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Before you buy the 20mm Voigtlander, you must find one. Plenty available in Canikon mount, but the 20mm in K-mount is possibly even more rare than the 125mm Macro. Been watching for one for months - nothing.
@noelpolar give a link of the store in HK that have the lens in stock

http://www.hkbns.com/shopping/site/Item/482-Voigtlander-20mm-f35-Color-Skopar-SLII-for-Pentax

Before go for this lens, im gonna wait for the Samyang as i want/need the lens for indoors

08-11-2016, 09:04 AM   #3156
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Yes found one thanks to noelpolar! Like you I have rarely seen one in K mount...in fact there is only one guy on Flickr who up till now was the only pentax shooter I had seen with one. I'm hoping this lens works out well as the small size makes for easy travel.
08-11-2016, 09:46 AM   #3157
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
My default set-up consists (in part) of AF-s, center point, FF.
What a relief! I was so afraid it was going to be a Crop Mode shot and I would have to "unlike" it!

Here is a rare sight...a fat Bluejay. They are normally slim and sleek birds on the lean side, but this one is fat and sassy. I asked her about her weight and she said she was just very "healthy" and I should take a closer look at my own belly, I must be extremely healthy?

Is it a FF or a Crop Mode shot? It is cropped, but from which one? Shot with a FF Bigma....it could be either???

A "healthy" Bluejay

Regards......& loved that hawk on the previous page! ...both of them!

LeRolls......Nice shot, but she is way overdressed. Have some mercy for your models in this hot weather and get them some skimpy outfits! If you are short on cash, squirrels will gladly make a donation....so will I!

08-11-2016, 10:18 AM - 10 Likes   #3158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Abandoned trolly tunnel. The tunnel was completely dark, I used a flashlight to light paint. 20 second exposure, f6.3 and ISO100. K-1 with FA 35mm.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-11-2016, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #3159
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Is it a FF or a Crop Mode shot? It is cropped, but from which one? Shot with a FF Bigma....it could be either???
We all know you're totally cropped
Superb jay !

1. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM • Kenko Pz-AF UniPlus Tube 25 • Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with Ray-Flash universal L ring adapter

2. Crop Mode • 400 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW

3. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
08-11-2016, 11:14 AM - 3 Likes   #3160
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some photos with K-1 + Pentax 24-70 from Los Almiros, a local festival in central Greece, near the city of Almiros and Volos

http://losalmirosfestival.com/

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
08-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #3161
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
We all know you're totally cropped
Superb jay !
Yep! Thanks FS! She was a fat little girly! Lots of gravy there!

Love the Woody shot but it's hotter than hell here so I'm gonna choose the drink as #1! Drop in a little more ice for me!

Regards!
08-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #3162
Forum Member

this is a REAL experiment. birds birds bird on a stick
sorry to use you guys as my guinnea pigs
fred from nashville
08-11-2016, 12:29 PM   #3163
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrfredsporty Quote
this is a REAL experiment. birds birds bird on a stick
sorry to use you guys as my guinnea pigs
fred from nashville
ooooooooooooops!
08-11-2016, 02:15 PM   #3164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
Again, I like to work fast.
Me too! That is one reason I love the Crop Mode. It gives you that nice big frame and lets you see exactly what you will get without the delay of post cropping in most instances. Particularly great for wildlife shooting where you can zone in better on what you want in the finished shot.

There is really little difference in the outcome, but the Crop Mode gives you a better perspective of the finished shot before you even snap.
Posted here it is mostly impossible to tell the two apart.

The best thing about it is that Pentax gave us the option! Thanks to them!

Shot this only a couple of minutes ago in Crop Mode...got the crop I wanted and processing/resizing was less that 90 seconds.....yes, I do like fast!

Wings out-mouth open on a very hot Texas afternoon.

Best Regards!
08-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #3165
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EricBrown Quote
Abandoned trolly tunnel. The tunnel was completely dark, I used a flashlight to light paint. 20 second exposure, f6.3 and ISO100. K-1 with FA 35mm.
That is a really fine job of light painting. Totally professional, perhaps the best I've ever seen.