Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2016, 10:53 AM   #3481
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Erictator, pinholecam and Rupert ! Girls, take care that Mrs. Rupert is not behind the door !

1. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM • Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with Ray-Flash Universal L ring adapter

2. Crop Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

3. Crop Mode • 200 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

4. Crop Mode • 200 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

08-23-2016, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #3482
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
The K-1 has re-invigorated my photography a little, and that alone was worth the price of admission. I used to love to hike and see what nature has to offer... then I got a littler older, and lazy, and maybe a little negative or off put by rapid advance in tech.

It is easy to tell yourself that everything has been done before, and probably done better than I will do it, and with better equipment, so why bother? That is like a form of depression I guess. We have to remind ourselves it's about living through the process, the experience and pride of ownership so to speak. Now, I look forward to doing those kinds of things again and seeing what the K-1 and I can do together.

I'm not saying only a K-1 can do this. It just happened to motivated me (prolly to justify the expense, heh) There is more to photography than the equipment. There is something about the process itself as well. Weather it is stalking wildlife to capture a moment that no one else saw, or using equipment like plate film camera with ground glass to pre-vision a scene. Live view reminds me a little of that process, and the tilt screen makes it easier on my neck. Darkroom work was rewarding in that way, watching a print come to life in a tray of developer. If you have never done it, there is nothing like it! (well, maybe a polaroid) I don't miss sitting in the dark breathing chemicals though...

I guess what I am trying to say, is I am grateful for those that I can share with and enjoy my pics and theirs, and for having the equipment and motivation to go out and capture an image again.
Thanks PentaxForums & Ricoh!
Well said!...... and the K1 has certainly enhanced my joy and enthusiasm immensely too. It is such a wonderful camera!

Most everyone here is a more skilled and serious shooter than me...but no one has more fun with their K1 than I do! .......well, maybe LeRolls, but I have more squirrels than he has girls....I think?

"We have a Red Alert! A feral cat has been spotted entering the woods!"

"Relax! This was just a test!"

Regards! Remember to have a little fun!

08-23-2016, 12:53 PM   #3483
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots Rupert !
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"Relax! This was just a test!"
I'm sure you have a fresh beer in one hand
08-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #3484

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote

Nice shots as always. What lens are you using with K-1?? Pictures are so silky smooth. Nicely done.

08-23-2016, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #3485
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Grasshopper from a few days back
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #3486

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Nice shot. That is one well magnified Grasshopper
08-23-2016, 06:25 PM   #3487
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

exquisite capture WPRESTO!

08-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #3488
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Thanks Rupert & Jva59!

The K-1 has re-invigorated my photography a little, and that alone was worth the price of admission. I used to love to hike and see what nature has to offer... then I got a littler older, and lazy, and maybe a little negative or off put by rapid advance in tech.

It is easy to tell yourself that everything has been done before, and probably done better than I will do it, and with better equipment, so why bother? That is like a form of depression I guess. We have to remind ourselves it's about living through the process, the experience and pride of ownership so to speak. Now, I look forward to doing those kinds of things again and seeing what the K-1 and I can do together.

I'm not saying only a K-1 can do this. It just happened to motivated me (prolly to justify the expense, heh) There is more to photography than the equipment. There is something about the process itself as well. Weather it is stalking wildlife to capture a moment that no one else saw, or using equipment like plate film camera with ground glass to pre-vision a scene. Live view reminds me a little of that process, and the tilt screen makes it easier on my neck. Darkroom work was rewarding in that way, watching a print come to life in a tray of developer. If you have never done it, there is nothing like it! (well, maybe a polaroid) I don't miss sitting in the dark breathing chemicals though...

I guess what I am trying to say, is I am grateful for those that I can share with and enjoy my pics and theirs, and for having the equipment and motivation to go out and capture an image again.
Thanks PentaxForums & Ricoh!

Eric
Well put, Eric! I'm grateful in the same way. Hope to see some more of your shots. Beautiful day today; alas I was mostly confined to quarters
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #3489
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cleaverx Quote
Nice shot. That is one well magnified Grasshopper
Thank you

---------- Post added 08-23-16 at 09:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
exquisite capture WPRESTO!

Thank you.
08-23-2016, 07:14 PM - 1 Like   #3490
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Girls, take care that Mrs. Rupert is not behind the door !
:lol But if she is....

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I'm sure you have a fresh beer in one hand
Beer good! Gin & tonic better!

I like the last one #4 best in that set FS......great colors in that shot & I love that scarecrow!

Regards!

---------- Post added 08-23-16 at 09:18 PM ----------

When the big dog squirrel catches this thief, he will be missing some important body parts!

"Yep, you can count on it!"
08-24-2016, 01:15 AM - 1 Like   #3491
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The centre of attention.

08-24-2016, 03:06 AM - 1 Like   #3492

First two are with the FA 31 f1.8 Limited

FA77 f1.8 Limited

I've posted some PS images in the separate dedicated thread for those.
08-24-2016, 05:46 AM - 1 Like   #3493
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Country Road.

At the Railing (with DA 40 limited)

08-24-2016, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #3494
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
:
I understand correctly, the squirrel in the first image is thought to be a male, correct?
08-24-2016, 08:05 AM   #3495
Veteran Member

I understand correctly, the squirrel in the first image is thought to be a male, correct?
I can't make a hands on personal verification, but I think yours is a safe assumption. Either that or the worst case of hemorrhoids I have ever seen?

Regards!