Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2016, 03:09 AM - 3 Likes   #4081
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm enjoying doing a few still lifes as a way of playing with the K-1's pixel shift - haven't done any for years, but it's quite fun - here's the latest

09-16-2016, 03:17 AM   #4082
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by colodion Quote
[COLOR=#1D2129]Dragonfly size a 1:1, one shot,
WOW.
I am happy not to live down there!
09-16-2016, 04:41 AM - 5 Likes   #4083
Veteran Member

Had a lot of rain the past few days with local flooding....... aching like an old man now after filling lots of sand bags....... anyway...... a shot from tonight of a dry reserve area normally....... DA 10-17 on K-1

and how the Voigtlander 20/3.5 saw it..... processing a bit different... taken 4 minutes later

I think there is a party in almost every DA 10-17 shot..... the Voigtlander is a nice meal at the local.

Last edited by noelpolar; 10-05-2016 at 06:31 PM.
09-16-2016, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #4084
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Autumn is Coming (with DFA 100 macro)

This one is a pixel shift and the original on Flickr is pretty impressive with regard to its detail.

09-16-2016, 06:01 AM   #4085
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Key word..."lazy"....unfortunately, I know it all too well myself!

Hey, I am guilty of the "Lazy Like's" myself... in the interest of keeping the thread cleaner as stated... but every once in a while, you just gotta let people know it's not some automated robotic thread, and that real people participate. Heh heh.

The good news is, you can actually comment in the "Like" button, before you hit OK. I wonder if most of us even know they are there, or how to find and read those comments?
I've used the comment field before, but not as often as just hitting "Like".
Eric
09-16-2016, 06:12 AM   #4086
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
The good news is, you can actually comment in the "Like" button, before you hit OK. I wonder if most of us even know they are there, or how to find and read those comments?
If you are truly as lazy as I am, you are too lazy too comment in the box for the "Like". Pathetic when we get that lazy!

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
in the interest of keeping the thread cleaner as stated... but every once in a while, you just gotta let people know it's not some automated robotic thread, and that real people participate.
I have suspected that some posters that never comment or participate are really just automated robots that "Drag & Drop" here and other places just to have a little "robot fun"? Life must be boring for a robot.....and if these are truly real people, never involved....life must be even more boring?

Regards
09-16-2016, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #4087
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Every image on this page is a winner.

09-16-2016, 08:04 AM - 5 Likes   #4088
Pentaxian

Pano Night shot taken with Sigma 10-20 just now
09-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #4089
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Had a lot of rain the past few days with local flooding....... aching like an old man now after filling lots of sand bags....... anyway...... a shot from tonight of a dry reserve area normally....... DA 10-17 on K-1

Goolwa Beach Flooding
by Noel Leahy, on Flickr

and how the Voigtlander 20/3.5 saw it..... processing a bit different... taken 4 minutes later

I think there is a party in almost every DA 10-17 shot..... the Voigtlander is a nice meal at the local.
Funny and best part of DA 10-17 is that it seems to work well with APS-C and FF.
09-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #4090
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
If you are truly as lazy as I am, you are too lazy too comment in the box for the "Like". Pathetic when we get that lazy!

I have suspected that some posters that never comment or participate are really just automated robots that "Drag & Drop" here and other places just to have a little "robot fun"? Life must be boring for a robot.....and if these are truly real people, never involved....life must be even more boring?

Regards
I often just don't have that much to say that hasn't been said but want to acknowledge that it's a nice photo. If it's really something remarkable, I try to leave a remark.
I realize that may not be verbose enough for some but although it may involve some laziness it's isn't purely lazy or being self-centered.
09-16-2016, 09:16 AM   #4091
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
If it's really something remarkable, I try to leave a remark.
That's just wrong Matt! That totally leaves guys like me out of the picture.....I've been waiting for years to get a shot that is remarkable...and if I get one you may not be around that day?

Here is one you need not comment on....it was shot in haste, for no good reason, I already have hundreds of dove shots....and I didn't check my settings, just picked up the K1 and fired. It was OOF , not particularly special in any way and ready for the trash bin.

Squirrels asked to process it, and being lazier than me, only wanted the Jpeg. After about an hour or so, and a lot of arguing I heard out in the woods where they did their work on their Big Screen computer, they return this to me, labeling it as a "Squirrel Masterpiece".

Squirrel Masterpiece - Ugly as it is...I do kinda like it!

Regards!

On a side note
...I would like to meet up with some of those non-speaking posters around here...If I could get them to host a seminar for Mrs Rupert and teach her their silent ways it would sure make my life a heck of a lot better!
09-16-2016, 09:22 AM   #4092
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I realize that may not be verbose enough for some but although it may involve some laziness it's isn't purely lazy or being self-centered.
I just ran out of words actually. The problem is too-many-good-pictures. I don't know what else to say.
09-16-2016, 09:34 AM - 2 Likes   #4093
Veteran Member

shot with the rokinon 85mm. i was shooting at f2, and it seems i missed the eyes and focused on his hair.
i created a ring of light out of a hoola hoop and some christmas lights. need to experiment some more with this

---------- Post added 09-16-16 at 09:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kengoh Quote
Pano Night shot taken with Sigma 10-20 just now
i dont mean to be that guy, and perhaps its my eyes...but why are the 2 most left buildings in the top center part blurry?
and same goes for the trees under that area. is the lens decentered?
09-16-2016, 10:23 AM - 5 Likes   #4094

I got my K-1 last weekend. These are some of the first photos from my new camera.

Cows
by Joakim Östberg, on Flickr
DA* 300mm

Natur
by Joakim Östberg, on Flickr
FA 35mm
09-16-2016, 10:51 AM   #4095
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not Ken but I will take a guess that his where he stitched the pano, and those are the 2 slightly distorted UWA edges at the merge point?
Eric

QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
shot with the rokinon 85mm. i was shooting at f2, and it seems i missed the eyes and focused on his hair.
i created a ring of light out of a hoola hoop and some christmas lights. need to experiment some more with this

---------- Post added 09-16-16 at 09:36 AM ----------

i dont mean to be that guy, and perhaps its my eyes...but why are the 2 most left buildings in the top center part blurry?
and same goes for the trees under that area. is the lens decentered?
« k1 vs k1ii | - »